Yankee advice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I've just taken delivery of some yankee candles. I got autumn leaves which is ok , midnight jasmine which I really like and lilac blossom which I'm a bit disappointed with as that's the one I had high hopes for. I'd appreciate any tips on choosing my next buy. Has anyone tried the sweetpea?

yankee.gif

yes i have, found it a bit sweet for me, but i do like midnight jasmine though.

thats probably not helped has it ? sorry

Fruity scents are great too: watermelon, candied apple, mackintosh, strawberry, raspberry cream
And don't forget another favourite: french vanilla!
For summertime i adore Island Spa, as it is the most uplifting scent ever: fresh, a bit tropical, but very addictive

Thanks SCW! (Your buttons gone!) I'm not so keen on fruit flavours but I'll get a sample of all the suggestions. You never know till you try!

My favourites are freshly cut roses and lemon lavender. Both have a distinctive smell but not too strong or sweet. QVC sell a great set of four
10 ounce candles in tumblers in 4 floral fragrances (can't remember which !) and I like them all. Can't find it on their website so must be out of stock until next YC show.

Linda

Hiya
mulling spices is nice
cinnamon sticks is great,so realistic
lemon lavender
sparkling lemon
splash of rain
cherry lemonade
clean cotton
sunwashed linen
all a bit different,can you tell I am a fan??!
hope you find something you like there x

My favourites are freshly cut roses and lemon lavender. Both have a distinctive smell but not too strong or sweet. QVC sell a great set of four
10 ounce candles in tumblers in 4 floral fragrances (can't remember which !) and I like them all. Can't find it on their website so must be out of stock until next YC show.

Linda

My likes change depending on the season. For winter I love baking smells so Christmas Cookie (all time fave :)), Vanilla Cupcake, Blueberry Scone. In summer I prefer the fruity smells Sparkling Lemon is gorgeous and I loved Sweet Melon and Cucumber and Cantaloupe before they were discontinued.

Has lavender and sage been discontinued? It was the first YC I tried and loved it but I can't find it anymore.

One that I definitely would not recommend is Cafe au Lait. As soon as I lit this wax tart I didn't like it. Smells very synthetic. MrM asked why he could smell chinese curry sauce?! Decided that maybe the fragrance was too intense for my living room so moved it onto the landing. I too then could smell a sort of sweet black bean/soy sauce smell. Not nice.

I was also burning Eggnog (which is lovely) and had thought that the two smells together would recreate Starbucks! Not to be! xx

I'm probably not much help to the OP as I prefer sweet smells - my all time favourite is Jack Frost. x

Latest posts

Back