Wonder If YBF Will Last On QVC UK?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Reading a beauty board based in the US, seems YBF which moved to HSN from QVC US has been let go from HSN. They had a one year contract with HSN to see how it went it seems and the time is up and they are going.

Not sure if they just did not sell that well for HSN or could not supply the amount of stock needed.

I know on st.com people have been complaining at the price rises from the MP days.

The first YBF TSV didn't create much of a stir on here Donna, if I remember rightly, and didn't sell out. In these credit crunch days we have to be pretty savvy about our spending and perhaps Stacey has had her day.

There have only been a couple of YBF shows on qvc and I think that the reviews on the products are not as good as on the old MP stuff. It is a pity as I quite liked a couple of the products - the eyebrow pencil is great when in a hurry and don't have time for browtech and the concealer trio is the best I have found.

I used to enjoy watching Stacey but she did put rather a lot of make-up on - she would put about 10 layers on on each show!!

i've certainly never be tempted by any of her make-up or clothing ranges ( the latter being a missed opportunity on her behalf, i reckon, as she is a stylish woman.)

Didn't you like the nice kaftans Mrs James - I thought they were a step up from the ones on IW????

I only found a few items of MP that I repeat purchased. This included the eyebrow pencil which I had stockpiled and so still use. I have tried all the brow tech's etc but this pencil has remained my favourite for my pathetic brows.

I haven't tried anything from YBF but seeing the prices and reading the reviews I just don't feel inspired to do so. I did love the MP TSV's because they were always such ridiculous value and usually with my brow pencil kindly included - hence I never had to buy it as a stand alone product.

I know something of the legal wrangles but still seems wierd that such a successful range was allowed to disappear.

This seems to be the problem in general with qvc at the moment with all the decent brands disappearing only to be repaced by carp, expensive ones.

Yes I agree they seem to be struggling to hold onto the appealing brands and seem to instead be relying on hyping up 'brands' noone has ever heard of and trying to charge excessive prices.

i've certainly never be tempted by any of her make-up or clothing ranges ( the latter being a missed opportunity on her behalf, i reckon, as she is a stylish woman.)

I agree Mrs J, I expected (!) decent clothes, but a lot of it was Kim & Co and satiny stuff, even her famous jacket was not wool, a lot of it is in clearance now!

Wonder if YBF Will Last on QVC UK?

Did anyone ever go on one of Stacey's cruises?

I only saw the YBF clothing once and was immediately struck how Primarky it looked :(

clemenzina

Eek no! I have had some fabulous buys from Primark so far superior IMHO.

Consistently my Primark fashion finds will be the things I receive most compliments on - you just have to keep your eyes open because the best things don't sit on the rail for barely longer than they are put on there out of the delivery box.

That was rather dishonest of me, actually - I've never been in a Primark and have never knowingly seen a Primark article of clothing. I should have said "The YBF clothing I briefly saw looked astoundingly cheap and nasty".

clemenzina :31:

I think perhaps the reason it might not do so well (the makeup at least) was that some of the colours were very similar to one another. One TSV was virtually the same as the next, just packaged differently. For me it did not work because, as with most other brands, the so-called neutrals looked plasticy on my pale white skin! Although, to be honest the ONLY neutrals I can wear are Bobbi Brown ones. Perhaps my complextion just has expensive taste!

Wonder if YBF will Last on QVC UK

Just got TV Guide Issue 08 with my Birkis today and there are YBF shows on March 3rd & 4th.

That was rather dishonest of me, actually - I've never been in a Primark and have never knowingly seen a Primark article of clothing.

clemenzina :31:

:)

I spent years misunderstanding Primark and not setting foot in there til a stylish friend of mine kept mentioning them when I complimented her new purchases. Decided time to give up my snobbish ways and have been mildly addicted ever since.

I have bought a few of the MP bits and pieces - usually sets of lip glosses, or mascara as I loved it, but to be honest, I found that Stacey was the biggest pull - she was full of so much energy and so I believed in what she was selling...since the relaunch, and reading between the lines, I get the feeling (and I could be COMPLETLY wrong about this) that they wanted to take more control, lose a lot of the quality and get more profit out of the brand. As a result, for me, a lot of the integrity has gone and as I was not a die-hard fan, will not be too fussed to shop elsewhere...I am feel that perhaps Stacey has shot herself in the foot a bit with this as I wonder how loyal most QVC customers are when we are encouraged to shop around and try other brands...

Latest posts

Back