Have postage prices actually increased?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qvcAddict

Registered Shopper
I can't decide if postage prices have gone up or if I am just getting meaner! So is it my imagination?

For me it's always been a case of looking at the overall cost of items including P&P as I return little. Therefore perhaps it's just because there are less bargain buys around that I'm noticing the P&P more but so many of them seem to be around the £5 now and I just don't remember that?

Considering the size of QVC they are profiteering big time on this. Forget what we pay as individuals at the post office - I have a courier contract and there are significant savings buying in bulk. QVC's must be very low both courier and Royal Mail. They also have economy of scale savings on the rest of their packaging costs ie boxes and staff costs.

I agree - as I have said on here many times: Most companies charge around £2.50-£3 for a small order and if you order over say £50 it is free p&p. With qvc it is around £5 per item and if you buy two different items it is £10 approx. This is such a rip off especially when they are such a big company and as such should get good courier rates.

a year or so ago i ordered a temptations set from QVC it cost nearly 20 quid (the set itself cost only 25 lol) in p&p and took 10 days to arrive. a month or so ago i ordered 2 radiators, 3 taps, 2 chrome wastes, 3 pop up plugs and a shower unit from an Ebay seller and the lot was delivered in 2 days and for the grand total of 15 quid

I ordered some candles from Yankeedoodle the other day - 3 large jars, a shade and plate and some samplers - free p&p, 2 free gifts (an electric plug in and 2 samplers and jar) if I had bought similar from qvc it would have cost £15!!!

I can buy my Smashbox from Just Beauty Direct and if I buy a couple of items it is free postage and packing plus a free gift - off qvc it would be £10 - £15 for 2-3 items.

Amazon give free p&p over £5!?!?!?!?

QVC really do need to take a look at others companies if they want to stay competitive/

but when you question qvc-which I have-they always say that p&p helps to cover the cost of items returned under the 30day mbg. Unfair I know,but I know plenty of people who abuse returns,keeping what they want from it and returning the rest. That isn't the spirit of the offer at all and must cost them a fair bit.

but when you question qvc-which I have-they always say that p&p helps to cover the cost of items returned under the 30day mbg. Unfair I know,but I know plenty of people who abuse returns,keeping what they want from it and returning the rest. That isn't the spirit of the offer at all and must cost them a fair bit.

Yes I have no doubt P&P pays for cost of returns. So these are the people whose accounts should be banned promptly rather than penalising the rest of us. What do you mean 'keeping what they want from it' because I thought the entire package had to be returned surely. In my eyes that would be simple theft.

In that case then my mum is being robbed blind by QVC.
Being housebound she orders alot from them and I mean alot, nothing ever gets returned as they have always been items she wants or wants to give as presents.

The exception being SouthWestern silver earrings that she bought for me and are faulty, I rang QVC and they sent out a "free" P&P returns label. If what you say is true SuziQ then their CS shouldn't say it is a "free" returns label AND they should do something about the unfair P&P charges my mum has suffered all these years.

In that case then my mum is being robbed blind by QVC.
Being housebound she orders alot from them and I mean alot, nothing ever gets returned as they have always been items she wants or wants to give as presents.

The exception being SouthWestern silver earrings that she bought for me and are faulty, I rang QVC and they sent out a "free" P&P returns label. If what you say is true SuziQ then their CS shouldn't say it is a "free" returns label AND they should do something about the unfair P&P charges my mum has suffered all these years.
That's the way these things work though. What you pay in Tesco covers the costs of whatever shoplifters pinch. When you pay for car insurance some of your premium goes to cover claims where an uninsured driver is to blame. At least with QVC you have a choice whether to shop with them or not.

Latest posts

Back