Why do i bother with this channel?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
What a nightmare i'm having! On Tuesday i placed my first order for ages, my payment was taken but in my order history the item was showing as "payment taken" but not changing to invoiced, so i called CS and was told that its either because there is a glitch in the system or the item is faulty but there is no way of knowing what the problem is and the order had to be canceled and i would be refunded and i needed to call back in a few days to see if the item had bounced back into stock and if it had i could reorder it! I said thats all well and good but you have my money, she said she would see if her line manager could hold the item for me.
Then a few days later i received a call saying the item was still showing as out of stock and they had no idea what was happening with it!
Great thats really helpful! low and behold yesterday it was previewed as a show stopper at the being of an hour, so i called CS and was told to go through and bid on it again, which i did but after pressing 1 and # i went through to CS instead of the bidding line but it was sorted and my order was placed for a second time and my money was taken for a second time, i was assured it would be fine this time, but NO my order is showing as "payment taken" again and not invoiced so it looks like it has hit the same glitch again!
What a joke it is a one of a kind item so it can't be faulty as it went back on air, i have just held for CS for 10 minutes with no answer!
I am at a loss what to do next i'm livid i've been charged for an item twice (not a cheap item) and it looks i'm still not going to get it!
Now CS has been moved to Liverpool i don't know who the CS manager is (when i asked the lady didn't know either) i've tried to email Percy but i received an out of office email, so i don't know if hes left!

Sorry about the rant but i'm livid!

Not surprised you're livid Gemcherub, I'd be ready to combust. :mad: What an almighty cock up, I hope someone with some sense and clout at TJC reads this and steps in to sort it out and QUICKLY!! :pPC:

Not surprised you're livid Gemcherub, I'd be ready to combust. :mad: What an almighty cock up, I hope someone with some sense and clout at TJC reads this and steps in to sort it out and QUICKLY!! :pPC:

Thanks PPC but i doubt they even read hear any more!
They are far to busy cocking things up!

I really hope you get satisfaction with this order. If it's any consolation I was about at the end of my tether once regarding an order from TJC and was about to take my custom elsewhere...however, they came up trumps with a HUGE apology and a free pair of Iliana earrings thrown in! Stick with them and give them a chance to put things right, if it hadn't been for their apology and perseverance to put things right I wouldn't have stuck with them but since then I have continued to shop with them with no problems what-so-ever. Hope you get it sorted, gemcherub :)

I have asked them in the past for Press Releases etc but no reply, IMO they just can't be bothered. Did get a newsletter from them on Friday about Octillion Weekend, looked like it was put together by a three year old, although having said that a three year old would I am sure have better design skills.

I have never understood The Jewellery Channel, everything about it IMO is wrong and could be tweaked so easily but they just never appear to want to listen to customer comments.

What a nightmare i'm having! On Tuesday i placed my first order for ages, my payment was taken but in my order history the item was showing as "payment taken" but not changing to invoiced, so i called CS and was told that its either because there is a glitch in the system or the item is faulty but there is no way of knowing what the problem is and the order had to be canceled and i would be refunded and i needed to call back in a few days to see if the item had bounced back into stock and if it had i could reorder it! I said thats all well and good but you have my money, she said she would see if her line manager could hold the item for me.
Then a few days later i received a call saying the item was still showing as out of stock and they had no idea what was happening with it!
Great thats really helpful! low and behold yesterday it was previewed as a show stopper at the being of an hour, so i called CS and was told to go through and bid on it again, which i did but after pressing 1 and # i went through to CS instead of the bidding line but it was sorted and my order was placed for a second time and my money was taken for a second time, i was assured it would be fine this time, but NO my order is showing as "payment taken" again and not invoiced so it looks like it has hit the same glitch again!
What a joke it is a one of a kind item so it can't be faulty as it went back on air, i have just held for CS for 10 minutes with no answer!
I am at a loss what to do next i'm livid i've been charged for an item twice (not a cheap item) and it looks i'm still not going to get it!
Now CS has been moved to Liverpool i don't know who the CS manager is (when i asked the lady didn't know either) i've tried to email Percy but i received an out of office email, so i don't know if hes left!

Sorry about the rant but i'm livid!

im sorry to hear about this, if u used a credit card u can claim the money back to ur account as long as u go to the disputes team, if u paid by debit card, then u will need to contact the bank and log a complaint against j w and contact the trading standards officer local to u as soon as possible, then inform j w that u have contacted the trading standards officer and u will be filing a civil court action if the money is not credited to ur account in 5 working days , trust me its good practice to so this, as im sure u know companys soon do it to us if WE dont pay on time for somthn , and send email to head office of j w with all item and payment dates with this info and propose ur action u wil take unless the matter is dealt with , it gets the wheels turning so please try it

im sorry to hear about this, if u used a credit card u can claim the money back to ur account as long as u go to the disputes team, if u paid by debit card, then u will need to contact the bank and log a complaint against j w and contact the trading standards officer local to u as soon as possible, then inform j w that u have contacted the trading standards officer and u will be filing a civil court action if the money is not credited to ur account in 5 working days , trust me its good practice to so this, as im sure u know companys soon do it to us if WE dont pay on time for somthn , and send email to head office of j w with all item and payment dates with this info and propose ur action u wil take unless the matter is dealt with , it gets the wheels turning so please try it

Thanks for your reply.
I have no problem getting my money back they refund it immediately, i just want my item or someone to help not just say i don't know why it happened or where the ring is? Bring back Kavita and Percy thats what i say lol

I really hope you get satisfaction with this order. If it's any consolation I was about at the end of my tether once regarding an order from TJC and was about to take my custom elsewhere...however, they came up trumps with a HUGE apology and a free pair of Iliana earrings thrown in! Stick with them and give them a chance to put things right, if it hadn't been for their apology and perseverance to put things right I wouldn't have stuck with them but since then I have continued to shop with them with no problems what-so-ever. Hope you get it sorted, gemcherub :)

The trouble is the first time it happened i was told i had to be refunded and basically they couldn't help then instead of looking out for the ring to bounce back into stock and holding it for me, it was just left to be rescheduled and went back on air! and when i told them they made me bid on it again, i don't think they know how to solve it.
The same thing happened to me last year the item wouldn't go to invoiced so Percy did it manually for me no problem!

I have not ordered from them since last year. I had a similar problem with them, I ordered 2 different 3 piece sets, one arrived but the other didn't although both payments had been taken from my account. I rang them several times only to be told that it failed inspection, I asked why the money was still taken for it and they said that is the way their system is set up. I was not happy and it took me 4 weeks to get my money back.

I googled TJC and at the time and found ST.com, thats how I came to join here.

I don't think I will ever order from them again, I have been tempted but alas with this still in my mind, their carp CS and their constant selling of Burmese rubies I am never that tempted.

I did want a 3 piece set for my friends daughter but I am finding better items elsewhere.

Update

Just got through to CC and spoke to a lovely lady called Hannah who was so apologetic, she took all the details of whats happened and said she will pass it personally to the floor manager who will call me tomorrow.
The floor manager is Kevin Valentine, so now i feel a little more confident as i know some of you dealt with Kevin when he went to help out CC in London (which has now gone) all cc is now in Liverpool

Update

Just got through to CC and spoke to a lovely lady called Hannah who was so apologetic, she took all the details of whats happened and said she will pass it personally to the floor manager who will call me tomorrow.
The floor manager is Kevin Valentine, so now i feel a little more confident as i know some of you dealt with Kevin when he went to help out CC in London (which has now gone) all cc is now in Liverpool

Thats good to know its being dealt with gemcherub and also good to know a name thats been around for a while.

I am waiting for a chain from them as the one they sent me with my iliana pendant broke been disputing this since 27th dec so waiting to see if it comes through next week if not will email the name above thx for the info mags

glad to hear you're getting somewhere, but, didn't KV leave TJC under a bit of a cloud after the charity doo that 'wasn't'???

Yes i forgot about that!
I think he ran the call centre in Liverpool where the phone bids went to, but when Kavita left the customer service centre in London he went there to help out, then returned to Liverpool, but now customer care has all moved to Liverpool and all the staff are new.
I'll have to see what he says and hope he can help because no one can!

Hi GC

I was reading your thread earlier and was going to mention Kevin Valentine, in case he was still the Manager up in Liverpool.
He hasn't posted on here for a long time (I don't think) but he was certainly very helpful in sorting out folk's problems.

I wish you good luck with your purchase and hope it all gets resolved quickly. And knowing your excellent taste in jewellery,
I'm sure its a fabulous piece....hope we get to see some pics of it one fine day. :)

fingers crossed you get it sorted soon gemcherub :). Would be nice if TJC did come on here and help us out from time to time

Not a word from Kevin, but the item has gone to invoiced now in my order history so i don't know if someone sorted it for me or the glitch has gone!
A call would have been nice though at the very least after all this unnecessary messing around but what can you do if a company just doesn't care?
Thank you all for your nice messages.

Latest posts

Back