Philosophy is so boring now.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
I am finding this Philosophy hour so boring. Products we have seen so many times before. The american woman is even wearing the same cardi she wore on the last visit here and Ann Dawson looks like she is dressed for a funeral. Yawn yawn. Bring back Lee.

I am finding this Philosophy hour so boring. Products we have seen so many times before. The american woman is even wearing the same cardi she wore on the last visit here and Ann Dawson looks like she is dressed for a funeral. Yawn yawn. Bring back Lee.

Was just thinking the same. The American woman is very boring and "beige". Was just going to buy the Purity but then I heard Ann(I have just RAN out) Dawson cadging hers off the presenter. So I changed my mind.

i'm bored with this range now too :( I used to like all the smelly shower gels but in reality, they felt no better in the bath than cheaper N-spa options from Asda. And tho' i like the smell of Pure Grace....the fragrance lasts all of half an hour on me. I've never felt to urge to re-purchase any particular item.

Totally agree, there are loads of shower gels and other bits that they sell in the US and they need to get them here. I have heard the spiels so often I can do them myself. Switched off due to lack of interest.

I have a few Philosophy products that are staples with me but sadly QVC UK has a very watered down selection of products compared to US so we are simply not seeing anything new really.

will never be the same without lee. he was my fav guest presenter.this woman has a personality like old dishwater never watch it now. shame.

I agree with you all. Lee added that certain something to the shows. Even though products were always the same old same old, Lee always managed to liven up proceedings. The new woman is OK but I think Lee is an impossible act to follow. I personally will not be watching any more of the shows unless I'm having trouble sleeping!!

I agree with you all. Lee added that certain something to the shows. Even though products were always the same old same old, Lee always managed to liven up proceedings. The new woman is OK but I think Lee is an impossible act to follow. I personally will not be watching any more of the shows unless I'm having trouble sleeping!!

I soo agree with you I've even cancelled a tsv auto delivery I had in protest of Lee going, still cant find out what happened there! If you read these posts Lee "let us know" and put me out of my misery

Philosophy is so boring now

I soo agree with you I've even cancelled a tsv auto delivery I had in protest of Lee going, still cant find out what happened there! If you read these posts Lee "let us know" and put me out of my misery

I agree with all the comments - think it possible that Lee was bought off big time and had to sign a secrecy agreement. would love to know more.

Both QVC and the invisible Christina have shot themselves in the foot. there used to be a run of Philosophy programmes every few weeks, and like you, I found Lee really explained the products so well. Now, this Robin is only flying in once a month. she flew in for ONE HOUR? seems incredble. perhaps she is going on to Germany.

Still miss Molton Brown, going to be reduced to buying their shower gels again, they really are the best IMO.

Talking of the philosophy tsv auto-delivery - I just spotted that the next one is showing as in process. Err...can anyone remember what was in this one? I've completely forgotten what "flavours" were going to be in the auto-deliveries.

Yep - boring now. Couldn't care less about Lee really to be honest (sorry!) but the products don't really inspire now. There are so many nicely fragranced shower products in the shops nowadays that are much cheaper. When you add on the price of delivery from QVC too, it's just not worth it.

Am on a bit of an economy drive as far as beauty products are concerned and I've really not missed anything yet.

I agree with all the comments - think it possible that Lee was bought off big time and had to sign a secrecy agreement. would love to know more.

It is, of course, possible that Lee left of his own accord, that he moved to another company or opted for a change of direction, rather than there being a conspiracy just because customer services aren't elaborating on the business of another company.

I liked Lee, but even his 'spiel' got a bit tired after a while. I'm enjoying a new face for a change.

he seemed like a nice guy,used to like watching as he was enthusiastic about the products...wonder who he works for now??
didnt watch yesterday,am being good and not spending,got to start being frugal for the holiday this year!
got a few bits from philosophy,like the bath stuff but to be honest I like any bathstuff!!

I liked Lee, but even his 'spiel' got a bit tired after a while. I'm enjoying a new face for a change.

I found Lee entertaining at first but yes admit that once you had watched a few shows you started to feel like you could finish his sentences.

For me it was just about the products and particularly the TSV's when the dollar rate was good and the value really attractive.

Talking of the philosophy tsv auto-delivery - I just spotted that the next one is showing as in process. Err...can anyone remember what was in this one? I've completely forgotten what "flavours" were going to be in the auto-deliveries.

I couldn't remember either as I never intended to go past December!

Just got this from a post by Sazza on the original TSV thread from August.

Auto Delivery of the TSV is 227 062, you get it every 90 days.

Next time in November it will be Cinnamon Buns then February Mimosa and then in May it is Melon Daquiri.

Before I discovered QVC my favourite bath product was clarins eau dynamisante shower gel-absolutely gorgeous. I don't really understand how I got wooed away from it,as molten brown and philosophy never had anything to match it (although I do love all 3 liz earle shower gels and bought 3 when they were on the no p&p offer on her site last month.) My son bought me the clarins for Christmas-and I absolutely love it again. It lasts such a long time and skin feels fantastic after using it-can still smell the lemony smell hours later. It's around £12 and can be bought tescos,superdrug as well as boots debenhams etc so no p&p-I know what I will be using from now on!

On the subject of Lee-didn't realise he wasn't around anymore as I don't tend to watch much QVC these days. He was camp but entertaining and enthusiastic-I think philosophy have lost an asset. I wonder if he sensed the company was going downhill-at least in UK-and has jumped as a career move?

Lee was a fantastic spokesperson for the brand and the proof of that was that there were always several sell-outs during his presentations. He was enthusiastic and actually knew his stuff and it used to irritate me when Ali Young kept interfering and wittering on about celebrity this and prestigious that, literally.
I find the American rep to be bland and far too earnest for a UK/Irish audience, and the shows are now dull and dreary and I won't be tuning in anymore.
It's also disgraceful that we are treated as the poor relation of QVC U.S. with a tiny stock of Philosophy stuff compared to the U.S site. Naturally, we're bored at seeing the same limited number of items over and over.
I wish QVC would realise that they have a seperate audience here and make some kind of effort to appeal to us. I'm particularly thinking of the 'fashion' they peddle which seems to be aimed at an audience in the American boondocks. Of course I don't include the stunning Nina Leonard tsv we recently had which was...well, I just can't find the words at the moment, but i know they'll come to me once the medication has kicked in.

Latest posts

Back