Sheets for feather beds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SuziQ

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if you can get sheets with deep sides to fit feather beds from other places than QVC? I've never been that impressed with NN sheets for the price. I have been managing with one NN sheet for over a year-washing and getting dry the same day but desperately need to get some more,especially as I am going into hospital soon and when I come out will need to be very carefull for a few weeks. I think NN is overpriced but I'm worried about getting deep enough sides to cover the extra depth of the feather bed.

dorma sheets are quite deep and sheridan (my fav company.) australian 240 tc sheets fantastic and are a heavier weight so dont crease. also they are elasticated with a very strong elastic that does not lose its elasticity after several years of high temperature washing. i find the nn sheets shrink really bad even after cold washing and they do look a bit rough even when you iron them. the elastic has long since gone and i have not had it a year but as its fitted it does not matter. not pleased with the quality. hotel quality indeed i suspect it depends on what hotels you visit.

thanks for that. I never thought about using a larger size. There are a few shops local to me that do dorma seconds but wasn't sure if they would be deep enough. Thanks ladies!
Agree about the quality of NN-you would think they were highest possble qiality the way that Suzi woman bigs them up!

I use just normal duvet covers for my feather bed, they fit perfectly. I put it on top of the mattress with a fitted sheet. It's easier to shake it up every day, without removing fitted sheet every time. I'm quite lazy. :21:

I agree about the quality. Paid a lot for those special NN featherbed covers, and they shrunk in the wash and got very thin. Nightmare to squeeze the featherd into them.

sheridan (my fav company.) australian 240 tc sheets fantastic and are a heavier weight so dont crease. also they are elasticated with a very strong elastic that does not lose its elasticity after several years of high temperature washing.

Can I ask where you buy your Sheridan fitted sheets from Boffy?? I can only find duvet sets online and not sheets and pillowcases only. MTIA. :) :pPC:

Can I ask where you buy your Sheridan fitted sheets from Boffy?? I can only find duvet sets online and not sheets and pillowcases only. MTIA. :) :pPC:

PPC, go to www.dawsonsdepartmentstore.co.uk, they have a sale in sheridan bedding (400 and 1000TC!), you can buy sheets and pillowcases seperatly
If you use FEBOFFER, you get another 15% off

Many thanks Tia, just placed my order. :mwah: :pPC:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can get sheets with deep sides to fit feather beds from other places than QVC? I've never been that impressed with NN sheets for the price. I have been managing with one NN sheet for over a year-washing and getting dry the same day but desperately need to get some more,especially as I am going into hospital soon and when I come out will need to be very carefull for a few weeks. I think NN is overpriced but I'm worried about getting deep enough sides to cover the extra depth of the feather bed.

Hi SuziQ.
Have you tried doing an ebay search? I had the same problem when we bought a featherbed, and I found several sellers (quite a few have linen shops on there) with good quality sheets for sale. Cant remember who I got ours from in the end - but they are lovely and deep, were a fraction of the price of QVC, good quality, and have lasted and lasted. Have just looked and if you put Deep sheets into the search it will bring up quite a few.
Good luck - especially with the hospital visit too!!!
Love Joy x

many thanks tia. i normally buy my sheridan from fenwicks. you really cannot compare this quality with nn.its funny did not want to buy bedding but now spurred into action to get some decent stuff. many many thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back