Skagen not up to scratch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RedorDead

Registered Shopper
:confused:

Even though I promised myself not to, I gave in and bought the Skagen TSV. I already have 4 from them and I've always been more than happy......UNTIL now!

Could it be that the reason they had so few of them is because they are old stock. Mine arrived today and the clasp and a section of the mesh strap are badly tarnished, (kinda reminded me of the episode of Friends when Monica's boxes of her childhood treasures were left in her dads garages - she got the Porche as compensation). and they have no more to replace it with. QVC - You owe me a Porche and my money back!

RedorDead; (kinda reminded me of the episode of Friends when Monica's boxes of her childhood treasures were left in her dads garages - she got the Porche as compensation). and they have no more to replace it with. QVC - You owe me a Porche and my money back![/QUOTE said:
:D LOL You made me laugh! So funny. Yes, you should definately ask for Porche.

But, it ain't funny to get a tarnished watch. :( Must be quite disapointing.
You may also find soon that the battery gets flat like it happened to my Skagen BCC watch, not last year's but the very small one with a pink strap. It happened just after my 30 day MBG expired. I sent it to Skagen service centre in London and they sent me a bill for £15 to replace the battery :eek:.

Evidently they have loads of stock in the States sitting in their warehouse for years. :rolleyes:

:confused:

Even though I promised myself not to, I gave in and bought the Skagen TSV. I already have 4 from them and I've always been more than happy......UNTIL now!

Could it be that the reason they had so few of them is because they are old stock. Mine arrived today and the clasp and a section of the mesh strap are badly tarnished, (kinda reminded me of the episode of Friends when Monica's boxes of her childhood treasures were left in her dads garages - she got the Porche as compensation). and they have no more to replace it with. QVC - You owe me a Porche and my money back!

Awww that is a shame that the TSV is not the quality you would have expected. :(

When I heard the term gold tone I thought oh oh!!!! The gold tone will wear off no doubt, didn't think about tarnish so soon.

SCW might be new to QVC but could be old stock for Skagen.

I looked on the Skagen site when the TSV was on and they had the
same watch but with a silver coloured strap so maybe they could not sell
the gold tone and sent it to QVC to flog.
Looked much better in the silver tone. The price was £70.

Mine arrived on Wednesday and I couldnt believe it was so quick, but my excitement was short lived as when I took it out of the box to try on I soon realised that the fastener was not working correctly. I phoned the service centre as I knew QVC had sold out but they were not very helpful so Im afraid its going to be winging its way back to where it came from.

I swear I heard it said more than once that the fastener was tested 5000 times. Very strange?

Another winging it's way back to QVC...loose clasp and tarnish...I love Skagen watches...had this been the first it would most likely have been the last.

Les x

The fact that three of us here all had the same tarnish/clasp problems suggests to me that this is infact old skagen stock and QVC should be pulled up for not doing the Quality tests they so often preach to us.:(

I tried to find the same watch on Amazon.com and UK (just for curiosity) and although it shows the watch, everyone site I looked at said it was out of stock. kinda says it all.

Skagen TSV not been shipped!

Hi ya everyone, received a letter from QVC today saying "we are experiencing a quality problem with this item". :confused: It could take up to 30 days or they could cancel, all very well but i sent a postal order and paid extra!

Ooh wonder what the quality problem is, does anyone know? I received mine and am disappointed in the dull colour of the strap, other than that I like it, and I've thrown packaging away, doh.

Ooh wonder what the quality problem is, does anyone know? I received mine and am disappointed in the dull colour of the strap, other than that I like it, and I've thrown packaging away, doh.

Mine went back - badly tarnished clasp and strap plus clasp doesnt close properly.

Dont worry if you dont have the packaging, they will still take it back if its damaged or faulty.

They do bring old stock over from usa. If it wont sell here then they ship it out to Germany and then Japan.
Imagine that ? a huge boat floating around the coast carrying qvc stock ?:eek:

Hi ya everyone, received a letter from QVC today saying "we are experiencing a quality problem with this item". :confused: It could take up to 30 days or they could cancel, all very well but i sent a postal order and paid extra!

Hooray (i think) Skagen TSV has been shipped, 2 days ago
i wonder if it will be worth keeping when it eventually comes by
snail mail lol:rolleyes:. I hope so after the very very long wait Yawn;)

They do bring old stock over from usa. If it wont sell here then they ship it out to Germany and then Japan.
Imagine that ? a huge boat floating around the coast carrying qvc stock ?:eek:

Do they? I didnt know that. If it looks like old tat it going back:)

this type of shennanigans shows QVC up big time. palming off 3rd rate goods with all the whistles and bells as a TSV.

naughty

Do they? I didnt know that. If it looks like old tat it going back:)

Id doesnt look like old tat, thankfully. Its perfect, no tarnish and the clasp
works! What a long wait though, came 2ND CLASS for some reason:mad:,
Hayho, worth it in the long run i suppose:D

Latest posts

Back