Woman of an age??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WillyNilly

Registered Shopper
Just back from my weekly shop and looked at the 24 hour review,
seen a bag I quite liked the look of so I clicked on the video to
see what size it was as I don't like small bags only to hear Glen say
it's for a woman of an age, well that's one bag I won't be buying.
He might just have well said this is a granny bag as that's all I can see
in my mind when I look at the bag now.
What a salesman not, engage your brain before you open your mouth
Glen or the only customers left will be grannies:eek:

I liked Glen in the past...but I caught some of the TSV presentation and he just yabbered and yabbered without pausing for breath, just talking at high speed, sounded all gibberish to me.....and the cardigan look, just not doing it for me, ok got that off my chest :D

glen campbell

the problem with glen is that he has turned in to a pre programmed robot like a lot of the shopping tv presenters ( qvc + iw )
i feel that if you were to take his advice, every piece of clothing on the channel would be suitable for every body type but it's just not so. this rubbish would be ok if we the customer didn't have to pay the delivery and return costs of some dreadful item that he convinced us , was made for our body type / age

TOO MUCH HARD SELL AND NOT ENOUGH HONEST ADVICE ( imo ) :mad::mad::mad:

the problem with glen is that he has turned in to a pre programmed robot like a lot of the shopping tv presenters ( qvc + iw )
i feel that if you were to take his advice, every piece of clothing on the channel would be suitable for every body type but it's just not so. this rubbish would be ok if we the customer didn't have to pay the delivery and return costs of some dreadful item that he convinced us , was made for our body type / age

Good post. I agree 100%!!

As I've said before, can't stand the man, he's a total fake, takes the p... out of qvc goods when with his mates in the pub, never had any official training as a "fashion expert" ie never attended college etc had a failed shop many years ago in Leeds and used sweep up hair in Vidal Sassoon in Leeds light years ago could go on but must restrain myself, he just not worth getting my blood pressure up for!!

As I've said before, can't stand the man, he's a total fake, takes the p... out of qvc goods when with his mates in the pub, never had any official training as a "fashion expert" ie never attended college etc had a failed shop many years ago in Leeds and used sweep up hair in Vidal Sassoon in Leeds light years ago could go on but must restrain myself, he just not worth getting my blood pressure up for!!

Go for it Looby ! Saves me putting it in writing :)

thank you fruitopal, I do feel soooo much better for getting it off my chest, so to speak!

I am definately an 'old woman' agewise but I would not even consider buying that bluddy awful bag. It looks dated and old fashioned to me and I think they are offloading old stock.

I agree! So many times the presenters will say that a top will make a large bust look smaller but make a small bust look larger. Sorry but I just don't get that.

It also makes me think they are taking the proverbial when they show something that obviously is for "a woman of an age" and try to make out someone like Pippa would wear it. Then Ann Dawson comes along and shatters the myth by saying she has ordered it for her mother -in-law!:D

They obviously can't get rid of the yellow bag that is today's TSV - it must have limited appeal. He has praised it uphill and down and to be honest he talks non stop crap - maybe they should lock him in a studio with AY and they could yak away to each other.

b******t bingo springs to mind...

He and his cardie should be consigned to the dustbin in my opinion!

He adds nothing to any shows that he's in. And since when has trouser been singular?

Loved the colours of the bag, but couldn't bring myself to buy one!

What got me was that they never showed the inside of the bag except to flash the flashy lining. Thought if I put anything in a bag that size, I would never find it again...I have trouble with my Travelons!!!

It wasn't the cardigan that got me...but the attempt at the beard to match the greying hair. I'm all for not colouring hair, but the look aged him 20 years!!! Didn't think the grey whistle test worked for fashion!

I liked Glen in the past...but I caught some of the TSV presentation and he just yabbered and yabbered without pausing for breath, just talking at high speed, sounded all gibberish to me.....and the cardigan look, just not doing it for me, ok got that off my chest :D

I agree Claudia! I liked Glen in the past,now he just jabbers his way through the fashion hours, making very little sense.

What drivel he talks! This is what he said (gabbled) about a bag early hours on TSV night:
.........soft grain of leather coming through there
.........floral lining coming through there
.........credit card section coming through there
........modern hardware coming through there
............you can see all the colours coming through there
...........a splash of yellow pebble-finished leather coming through there

I usually enjoy "handbag" shows but this goballoon is a joke. I had to switch off.

Glen Campbell........P45 coming through there.

Urgh I can't bear to watch him, he comes over as a complete fake Imo.

What drivel he talks! This is what he said (gabbled) about a bag early hours on TSV night:
.........soft grain of leather coming through there
.........floral lining coming through there
.........credit card section coming through there
........modern hardware coming through there
............you can see all the colours coming through there
...........a splash of yellow pebble-finished leather coming through there

I usually enjoy "handbag" shows but this goballoon is a joke. I had to switch off.

Glen Campbell........P45 coming through there.

LOL That tickled me. :SUE: :pPC:

I'd always suspected this by looking at the stuff he wears himself! Rolled up jeans, white pumps and a pink jacket? Purleeease!

And as for his thing about "women of age". This annoys my mum something chronic and totally puts her off buying anything he tags with it. It's been said here before but he's no teenager either! Age had got nothing to do with it and just offends when mentioned. And he seems programmed to say "5 to 7 working days" at random intervals, even when totally out of context!

Sadly, we turn him off now if he appears on screen.

Latest posts

Back