Yankee Tarts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qvcAddict

Registered Shopper
Okay I am not a fan of the Yankee candles but curious about the tart warmers and wondering if I would like them.

Please can someone explain them to me :)

I like the tart warmers because I can swap fragrances quite quickly. They tend to last about 2-3 weeks whereas the jar candles last longer. Also, I had a bit of an accident with a jar candle wherein I didn't trim the wick and ended up with soot marks up our living room wall - we had to repaint the wall and I was told off!!

Basically you put a tea light in the bottom of the tart warmer and a wax tart in the top. Light the tea light and the tart melts releasing the fragrant oil inside. Easy peasy!

Make sure however that you buy a good standard tea light to put in your warmer though. IKEA and Prices' tea lights are great as they burn for about 4 hours.

Thank you Valm. I have a ceramic warmer that I burn oil in sometimes so like the concept and have a big bag of Ikea lights.

Sorry to ask a stupid question but does the tart disappear completely as it melts or are you left with mess to clean?

Also I was hoping that the smell might be stronger than the candles? I also remember watching on a show a long time ago and think the guest recommended breaking the tarts to burn what you wanted?

No the tart does not disappear, the scent goes from it, thats all.

You can pop the tart burner in the freezer or fridge for a while and it should pop out, if it doesn't then leave it to come back to room temp then light a tealight under it again for a few minutes keep pushing it a little and it will come loose and pop out.

the tarts have a strong smell for around 8- 16 hours depending on the fragrance.
i find that they are usually stronger than the candles but obviously dont last as long.
you will be left with some wax even if the smell has gone.
i have a yankee burner and it is strong hard wearing and burns the tarts well.
hope this helps. boffy.

I use my tart burner with yankee tarts in my small kitchen and the smell is lovely and quite noticeable. Not tried it in a larger room but I'm not sure the scent would be strong enough. I must try it.

Linda:33:

Okay I am not a fan of the Yankee candles but curious about the tart warmers and wondering if I would like them.

Please can someone explain them to me :)

Tart warmers are fantastic - you pop the tart into a silicone muffin case and they melt to a runny consistency - they don't boil or anthing, they just warm up gently - as they do they release the blended perfume oils into the room. They don't evaporate as this is an oil not water, but the perfume gradually fades

I really, really recommend the electric burner - no candles required and they use a directed low heat. I have about four of them and I have lost count of the number I have bought for friends.

And as for tarts - I have bought loads, off eBay, from the US, but you absolutely cannot go wrong with Darlene's tarts. I am not simply saying this because she is a forum friend - her tarts smell beautiful, come in the most tantelising (sp) aromas - the list of flavours is incredible whatever your preference. They are soy wax which is better for the environment too. You can just try one to see if you like it. They are a pleasure to choose (I Love looking at the list) and, most importantly, they have incredible burning length and they scent the house beautifully.

Yankee are nice but you MUST try Darlene's. No contest.

Thank you all for such informative advice. I guess I just thought well candles disappear so why not a wax tart!

I will give it a go :)

I love wax tarts/tart warmer as the smell is stronger and if you'd like, you can mix up different tarts then make your own flavour too. (I don't use any jar candles because of soot etc.)
My tart warmer is the same as this one.(electric warmer) I've bought it from our local Yankee Candle shop.
http://www.just-candles.net/details.asp?PID=9257
So easy to use and no mess. I love it! If you like tarts, you must have one!
I'm sure QVC sell them but can't find anymore maybe out of stock? :33:

Last edited:
I have the electic tart warmer too it is so much easier than burning the tea lights. I will also say that Darls Tarts are really lovely and such a huge choice of fragrances.

I do like to burn candles too as I like the 'latern' effect with them. But as you have to have the candle burning for at least 3 hours - if I am only going to be in for a couple of hours then I use the burner and tarts.

Darlene's tarts are SO much better than Yankee - they last ages and smell divine!

Whoever first thought of using the silicone cupcake cases for burning tarts - Thank you, fantastic idea!

Sorry to interrupt, but just wanted to say how much the title of this thread maks me chuckle. Thanks qvcAddict.

Argey
:59:

Sorry to interrupt, but just wanted to say how much the title of this thread maks me chuckle. Thanks qvcAddict.

Argey
:59:

Did you think she was referring to those of us like Yaz and me who love our Yankee candles and are 'Tart's'?????:lol:

Did you think she was referring to those of us like Yaz and me who love our Yankee candles and are 'Tart's'?????:lol:

What are you saying there hun????????????????????

hum HUM I want answers I tell ye!! ANSWERS!!!!

Thank you all for such informative advice. I guess I just thought well candles disappear so why not a wax tart!

I will give it a go :)

You actually physically burn a candle...whereas a tart is only warmed to release the fragrance.

Another recommendation for our Darl's tart...She's the Tarty One :54:

Les x

Can someone post me a link to Darl's tarts? Wouldn't mind having a look.

I like the sound of the electric tart warmer but have only seen it in one design which I don't like. I have two of the white heart designs. I tried one of the glass ones but unfortunately the bottom fell out of it because I used cheap tart warmers in it so beware of this.

My daughter now thinks it's funny to write messages in the dried tart within the burner that I leave on the landing.

Latest posts

Back