The wonderful Katherine & Rocks CS

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mothy

Registered Shopper
Sitting comfortably? bit of a tale here.

Back in August, I bought a tanz/diamond ring. This was a considered purchase (almost £200), and bought specifically as an xmas/baby gift for my bestest friendest, who lives in Australia & was due to give birth to our 3rd godchild in early dec. OH & I were due to spend 5 weeks with them over xmas/new new year, whch was subsequently cancelled due to a family bereavement.

The ring was part of a larger order at the time, and I only had a very brief look before it was put away. 2 weeks or so ago, OH and I decided to simply post the ring to her, as it was unlikely we were going to be visiting anytime soon. OH saw the ring for the first time, and immediately noticed one of the diamonds on the shoulder had a chip in. (I should have gone to specsavers!!)

The ring was unworn, and still had the original 'Rocks' item tag on, but given the timescale involved, I wasnt hopeful of a refund (it sold out long ago) but thought it was worth sending Katherine an email.

Oh me of little faith!! Back came an almost instant email. No problems said Katherine...send it back..full refund including the P&P. There was no hestiation, no questions, and no drama. The refund was back in my account 6 days later.

Happy? like a pig in poo sorta happy! Sadly, I no longer buy from Rocks, but this is simply because of techie probs checking out..IE...I cant, much to my frustration!:17:

This is the only problem I have ever had with quality, having bought (and spent!) lots. To me, it speaks volumes about company ethos that a customer who has bought nothing for 3 months can have a 7 month old problem sorted as quickly and easily as this has been dealt with.

Massive thumbs up and a big thank you to Katherine & all the CS team. Jaffa cakes en route!!:4:

I'm pleased you got your refund Mothy, but where was the quality control in the first instance :WHO KNOWS: for Rocks to sell a ring with a chipped diamond?? :pPC:

All hail the Mothster (Argey bows and tilts dangerously close to the ground).

Although I love them all, I think Katherine is the heart of the company, anyone having dealings with her will be more than satisfied.

Love
Argey x
:21:

I'm pleased you got your refund Mothy, but where was the quality control in the first instance :WHO KNOWS: for Rocks to sell a ring with a chipped diamond?? :pPC:

Hi Pinkpuss,

Have you seen the thread "item photos" on the jewellery channel forum. If not, please have a look, its such bad quality control that its hilarious.

Argey :54:

I have to agree, Katherine is brilliant at sorting out problems without any hesitations but don't forget Tony he also has a hand in helping to sort any problems out. They are the best.

Christine

Yeah..I hear that PPS, I have seen a few threads with people being less than happy with QC. Thankfully, its not a problem I've had before, and seems to be a lot of the 'newer stuff' thats bought in.

Given the sheer volume of items they must dispatch daily, there is bound to be some things not up to scratch, but I agree that perhaps they can/should be checked more carefully. I'd be interested to know the % of items returned as 'faulty' simply out of pure nosiness!:9:

That said, no one is perfect, and in an ideal world everyone would always 100% happy with every order, however, I firmly beleive that it isnt just that problems occur, but also how thay are handled that counts. Having seen some shocking tales on here re very inferior CS for various other companies, I still think, IMHO, Rocks CS cant be beaten. If they can bring the QC up to the same, consistant high standards, then I think they'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Not to mention less work for them!:4:

That's great to hear Mothster:1:.......how are you btw?(note to self.....must email more!!!):54:

As you quite rightly say, a measure of a company is how they deal with problems,we do not live in a perfect world,never have and never will,but Rocks CS comes up trumps again.

Well done to Katherine,Tony and all the CS crew and thanks to Steve and Sarah for bringing us Rocks in the first place:59:......even though they have made me a pauper!!!!!:9:

I think that you would be very hard pushed to find a nicer person than Katherine working in the world of shopping telly.

Mothy lovely to see you post! I agree Katherine is a lovely person and ALL of rocks CS are great!

A lovely and friendly team! Shame as my CC has had bashing ever since rocks started :)

Katherine is a true gem.

I wonder what sort of fight you'd have with some of the other channels? I bet your money wouldn't have been refunded quite so quickly.

Just a thought - if you loved the ring, could Rocks have not changed the diamond for you?

Having recently spent two days at Rocks TV HQ for the Rocks Academy, what really impressed me was how genuinely happy everyone seemed. Even down the finance guy, John Winspear - I only spoke to him for about 30 seconds on the stairs, but he was just an exceptionally nice, friendly chap.

The whole place just radiated a warm, positive attitude, and IMO it's impossible to fake that. Is it any wonder the CS is so great?

Katherine is a true gem.

I wonder what sort of fight you'd have with some of the other channels? I bet your money wouldn't have been refunded quite so quickly.

Just a thought - if you loved the ring, could Rocks have not changed the diamond for you?

Not even sure I'd have got a refund elsewhere Meesh, given the 7 month timescale. It certainly wouldnt have been as simple & easy as Katherine made it.

As for changing the diamond, it didnt even occur to me to ask. The ring was bought as a gift, and my friend was/is unaware of this. She has long yearned for a peice of tanz. With almost £200 to re spend, I'm sure I'll find something equally as gorgeous.:4:

Latest posts

Back