My new goodies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PearlyQueen

Liverpool Supporter
spinel001.jpg

Well sadly my second attempt at this ring design is as unsuccessful as the first. Still love the setting, but the amethyst is way too dark. Saw the garnet last night and I thought it looked the same, so unless it comes out with a paler stone I give in. It's not dreadful, but I have a ton of gorgeous amethyst rings and this just isn't as good.

spinel002.jpg

I'm a bit torn about this one. I love it of course, but... there's quite a lot of surface scratching on some of the stones. I was soooo disappointed when I spotted it, but no change of exchanging for another as it shows as sold out on CR. So it's keep it or lose it, I think I'll probably keep it though, I totally adore it apart from that. The colour in the iolite is stunning. Can't bring myself to go to full price for the garnet one on CR either, I did put it in my basket but balked at the last minute!

spinel005.jpg

This one is just stunning. I have the blue mystic version, which is absolutely fabulous too. See they've all sold out now, so I guess my collection grinds to a halt here!!! I was a bit surprised at myself, I really prefer the lemon quartz when it's the really pale shade, but this is very vibrant and I can't think of sending it back!

spinel008.jpg

These are really pretty, but not quite long enough for me - didn't hear a measurement on the site, or I'd have known better. I think I have to impose a minimum of 2 inches on myself in future.

spinel009.jpg

spinel018.jpg

spinel021.jpg

All too long so going back. To be honest, they're not exciting me anyway, don't think they'd have stayed either way. The blue MOP isn't nice - I found the same with some pink and some green in past orders, doesn't have any pearlescence as I expect with nice MOP, it's definitely just opaque.

spinel011.jpg

Not really convinced by this either, the main pearls are nice, so are some of the tiny ones, but some of the strong colours clash IMO. I'm sure the red isn't pearl, no idea what it is, but I don't like it.

spinel014.jpg

Another lesson I'm finally learning is that I like a bit of a focal point on my necklaces. The button pearls don't do that well enough here, it's more like just a string of pearls. Pretty pearls in fairness.

spinel017.jpg

This one's been almost purchased a few times, finally got one home for a look - though I must admit, I'd have preferred the garnet version. Having seen it though, the MOP isn't as nice as some of my other items, so I'm probably sending it back. Nice size, but it's just not singing my name.

spinel020.jpg

I bought this for the pretty green pearls really - then discovered they're shell pearls. I haven't had much luck with shell pearls in the past, so I just hope these are a bit stronger. I'm a bit "so what" about the howlite, but they work nicely together, overall I like it.

spinel023.jpg

I really like this. I fell for the ring in the past, but it was too wide for my finger and had to go back, so this has been on my wish list since then. I'm pleased with the size (bigger than the ring, I wasn't sure if it would be), it's not all coated with that horrible white finish, and the stones are absolutely beautiful. Only disappointment is that the one in the web pic has 2 red and 1 pink stone, this one is the other way round. I've been in touch with Katherine, she's going to check the stock in the vault on Monday to see if any of them do match the pic so I can swap. Good grief, that woman is a star!!!

spinel026.jpg

And finally... Another little stretchy bracelet, another departure for me, I don't really go for onyx. But I love the tactile stones and the black/white contrast so it's staying. Think I might wear it and the green one together as a set, not sure yet.

Wow PQ, lovely haul - shame about the non keepers. My iolite has scratches too, and like you I was loath to send it back. Got some of your haul coming too, nice to see them close up before they arrive - thanks. Enjoy your keepers.

hi Anne like the lemon quartz looks great on you
i also had the button pearl necklace and sent it back i didnt like them mine were very uneven and rough but i did keep the same pearl braclet in pink/peach pearls as that length fits me but i can see you have quite a little wrist
i always send stuff back if i'm unsure because i know i wont wear it and theres always something else just around the corner to catch my eye lol

Lovely keepers Anne, Shame about the iolite being scratched tho, i've had that situation also, but plumped for keeping in the end too.

I knew coming on here was a bad idea......I love alot of your new items there and some that are returns.........I must not log into Rocks....lol. Well done though

Wow PQ, lovely haul - shame about the non keepers. My iolite has scratches too, and like you I was loath to send it back. Got some of your haul coming too, nice to see them close up before they arrive - thanks. Enjoy your keepers.

Lovely keepers Anne, Shame about the iolite being scratched tho, i've had that situation also, but plumped for keeping in the end too.

I'm quite relieved to read both of these comments, I wondered if I was being a mad freak deciding to keep an obviously damaged item - it must be as nice as I think it is if 3 obviously sane people want it regardless!!! So thanks for keeping me company ladies, these sorts of things are what make forum bling buddies so valuable.

I'm quite relieved to read both of these comments, I wondered if I was being a mad freak deciding to keep an obviously damaged item - it must be as nice as I think it is if 3 obviously sane people want it regardless!!! So thanks for keeping me company ladies, these sorts of things are what make forum bling buddies so valuable.

Not at all PQ.. With 2 of my bigger stone bracelets there's been minor scratches and imperfections and due to what i've paid and the size/ impact i've kept them regardless. Perhaps others looking wouldn't notice them but i still knew they were there.

and me. The only difference is that, although I'm not a mad freak either, I think I've got one living inside me. :47:

Latest posts

Back