I hate movies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
very american :42:. Why can't they say films? The Archos bloke is the worst.

I have a American cousin and she goes to the movies to see a picture, while I go to the pictures to see a film! As they say - two nations divided by a common language!

Being half American, half English, I often use both terms - movies/films. It's very frustrating and it annoys me - I wish I could just use one or the other, but I can't!

being old i would go to the flicks, my mum on the other hand would go to a picture house and see a nice picture

my kids go to the cinema to see a film

lol hubs would stay at home and wait for the dvd

dad would wait for the video

Anyone remember being an ABC Minor ? 6d for admission on a Saturday morning. I might be showing my age here :32:

Anyone remember being an ABC Minor ? 6d for admission on a Saturday morning. I might be showing my age here :32:

I remember cinema for 6d. We called it Saturday Matinee. Our ice lollies were a penny ( 1d ) Happy days!

Oh - Sat'day mornin' pikchas. Loved 'em. Must have been a blessing for our mums as well. A safe place to lose your kids for half a day. They'd probably wreck the joint now.

Latest posts

Back