White Eyeliner?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
I was watching one of the makeup shows recently (though can't for the life of me remember which one) which said if you put white liner on your lower eye it really makes the eyes 'pop'. I have to admit, whatever they put on the model did make her eyes look good. Anyone know which brand/item I'm talking about?????

Might've been redwood...they have an optical eye pencil. Someone else I believe has a light blue one...can't remember who though.
I use a light pinkish white, less stark than the white but does the same job, bought from boots.

Les x

Ariane Poole also does one, I received it free with an order.

Truth, in real life you notice a white line. Someone I knew used a white pencil on the inner rim of her lower eye. When talking to Joy all I could see was this white line standing out.

I use the benefit eyebright and really like it
You can use it on the inner eye corner, below the eyebrow..... it is very versatile and gives you a more awake look. I will not be without this white pencil!

Try it in the shadows round the corners of your nose too Tia, it really brightens!

Don't buy Mr Frosty from Benefit, it's horrid, it's lumpy and cloggs the lashes, it's good for under the brows and corners of the eye, I think they do 'normal' one though.

tia, philosophy girl, i use eyebright i love it, its not as ovious as a pure white on the inside of the eye, has anyone tried powderflage?i have it dont know if its just me that im doing something wrong but it is total crap for me thaught as eyebright works so well it would be as good but its not!

Try it in the shadows round the corners of your nose too Tia, it really brightens!

Thanks for the tip PG
I was always told that the cover shadows around the nose, you need a colour a tint darker than your foundation, as this will make look your nose smaller
Pale colours make your nose look wider
I don't know how true this is???

It's a brave person who does the white eyeliner look - best kept for the studios, film world etc. Looks very odd on everyday folk:52:

It's a brave person who does the white eyeliner look - best kept for the studios, film world etc. Looks very odd on everyday folk:52:

I am quite an everday woman lol, but I use it wisely and looks good and very natural on me. Just a little under the eyebrow and in the corner of eye (no not the entire eyelid as you use a khol pencil, that would be a bit OTT)
:13:

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. When I'm going out I do use an eye brightener in the inside corners, LG Eye Wonder, but the one I was asking about is like pencil that goes on the inside of the lower lashes. However, being one of those everyday folk maybe I should just forget about it - don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb!!

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. When I'm going out I do use an eye brightener in the inside corners, LG Eye Wonder, but the one I was asking about is like pencil that goes on the inside of the lower lashes. However, being one of those everyday folk maybe I should just forget about it - don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb!!

lol topaz, take it from an ordinary woman:BLING:, you can do it on the inner reem in the eye, but a slight layer only. You can use it instead LG Eyewand if you want it less sparkly. Also the corners of the outer eye can be "perked up" with it. I really love the pencil, it is not bright white, it has a slight hint if pink in it

I did a search on the QVC website (which is probably what I should have done in the first place and not bothered you all) and I think the product I'm thinking of may be the Mally Eye Brightener Wand No. 225595. It's got mixed reviews so think I'll give it a miss!

I bought a cheap one from Avon (creamy/pink white, not stark) and use it discretely for a bright eyed look. At 53 less is more!

Linda

I`m sure it was Mally as she was putting it on Aneka and because she was being very chatty and bubbly as she usually is so wasn`t as careful as she should have been and I`m sure Aneka`s eyes were just about to start to tear as she finished.

tia, philosophy girl, i use eyebright i love it, its not as ovious as a pure white on the inside of the eye, has anyone tried powderflage?i have it dont know if its just me that im doing something wrong but it is total crap for me thaught as eyebright works so well it would be as good but its not!

I think powderflage suucess depends on skintone. I'v got very pale neutral toned skin and it works well on me. I thin it would look really un-natural on a darker or warner skintone.

When I first got it I thought it was rubbish, then I stopped using their brush and started using my BE max cover concealer brush with it. It works much better now and really brightens. I think their brush is so rough that it removes more powder than it puts on! Not sure I'd repurchase this though, I'll see how I feel when the pot finishes.

Thanks for the tip PG
I was always told that the cover shadows around the nose, you need a colour a tint darker than your foundation, as this will make look your nose smaller
Pale colours make your nose look wider
I don't know how true this is???

Ha ha! Maybe people laugh at my crazy wide nose behind my back!! :1:

thanks pg i thaught that too about the brush, ive got the be concealer brush so ill try it with that, im no way dark skin tone so ill keep trying

Many decades ago I tried white pencil inside the lower lashes - but the poorly eyelids I was born with are naturally reddy-pink around the rims and very sensitive, it made them go crimson and my eyes watered like heck.

Don't worry about me girls ;) in my heyday I managed to do a superb Twiggy, only subtler, using brushes :) Nowadays it's just MMU foundation and soft mascara.

Thank goodness non-pink eye shadows are reappearing on the market :51:

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back