ybf ~ I dont think even Staceys heart is in it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tricia ^^

Registered Shopper
Now I maybe wrong here ~ feel free to correct me (coz I know you will) but I am not convinced that even Stacey feels that confident about her products anymore. I felt that before when you watched her she would enthuse about every single item and sometimes tell a little about how the product was produced. Now I felt she was very rehearsed ~ reading from her q cards beside her ~ very odd ~ not comfortable. The only time she looked like her old self was when she spoke to Amica and Joy, who I believe she has known for a long time.

I preferred the old vivacious beautiful lady that appeared rather than Stacey of late.

OK so what do you lot think?

There was a terrible law suit between stacey and hubby and qvc america last year which you can read all about if you google. It seems as though when the case was settled there was a lot of issues over the name models prefer-which I believe she and her husband did own-and I was under the impression she owned ybf too but it seems not from what donna has posted so I stand corrected. There was a lot of argy bargy in the case about whether qvc promoted models prefer enough whilst they said she didn't promote-she countered with she was available but they didn't schedule her. Whatever,I think the brand was dropping off in the states and perhaps QVC wanted rid,I don't know. Perhaps the name change was to get away from the bad publicity,or they wanted a fresh start? Who knows but it certainly doesn't seem like the same brand anymore and as for the clothes.............................

I am going what has been said on the beauty boards in the US.

Its like Ojon who where owned by Derek but sold to Estee Lauder, he still fronts the brand. It does not mention on the web site EL own it now, Ojon's, Or even Bobbi Brown, MAC, Jo Malone all owned by EL yet in promos or everything it is not mentioned.

Is anyone else a bit worried they YBF are going to do makeup for child beauty shows?

oh dear thats not good i dont think the customers she has left are going to be too impressed with that, i noted she wasnt her usual self on the last shows

I noticed the same thing - I thought it was just me. She did not seem her usual vivacious self at all. She doesn't seem to have the same level of enthusiasm for the products as she did with MP. I watched one show where Claudia was presenting - Claudia seemed to me to have a less enthusiastic attitude towards it (although I have gone off Claudia of late) - Stacey did seem more like her old self when she was on yesterday with Alison Young, but still nothing like her old shows, which I used to very much enjoy. I think the products are too expensive and have too many bad reviews - the foundation especially. I loved many of her staple products, but I just can't afford to splash out £20 for a concealor trio when I'm only going to use one of the shades. Perhaps they would do better to offer more of her products on easy pay?

I actually enjoyed the shows better this visit than the last time. I guess she might have been nervous last time as it was the launch of YBF but the way they did not mention MODELS PREFER first visit was uncomfortable.

This time they mentioned it a lot, I actually enjoyed the shows. Can't blame Stacey for selling up really, probably did it at a good time too.

It must be like starting from scratch for Stacey and it will take time to get a full range available and for her to know all the ingredients in each one (remember how bad Lulu was at knowing her brand at the beginning). I can imagine that there are a lot of items in the pipeline (she said that herself).

My opinion is that ybf has been slightly rushed so people don't forget about Stacey/Models Prefer. Remember that the TSV launch of ybf was delayed because stock was held up (not the best start) and the application guides are only just available. If she'd just disappeared for 12 or 18 months, we would have all moved on to other brands. I think they've tried to get the popular things out there and hopefully the great value, product filled sets will return in time. I think ybf will get better.

I noticed the same thing - I thought it was just me. She did not seem her usual vivacious self at all. She doesn't seem to have the same level of enthusiasm for the products as she did with MP. I watched one show where Claudia was presenting - Claudia seemed to me to have a less enthusiastic attitude towards it (although I have gone off Claudia of late) - ?

I saw that one and thought Claudia was actually more enthusiastic than Stacey - she certainly spoke glowingly about the bronzer and the brow pencil.

Latest posts

Back