YBF eyebrow pencil

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iamasmall

Registered Shopper
just taken delivery of my ybf eyebrow pencil (at hiked up price) and this is like a different product from the models prefer.

the colour is exactly the same, no question, but the texture is way off. the new one really drags the skin.

i cannot live without the colour cos it does suit, but the dragging, i know i am not imagining it because i still have an inch on a models prefer.

by comparison its like a nice pen versus a cheap felt tip.

sad thing is i cant return it cos i am desperate for the brow fill

I ordered two of the YBF eyebrow pencils but I still have the models prefer on the go. I will have to have a try of the new ones. How disapointing if they aren't as good as the old type.

Me too, I think the MP was a far better pencil. I've ditched my ybf pencils, I'm finishing off the little bit I have left of my last MP one and I'm going to switch to smashbox brow tech when that's done. I liked the convenience of the MP pencil though, it's a pain to have to use the brush for the smashbox when I'm in a hurry and it's not as easy to travel with either.

I also like the SB browtech for the most time but do use the MP pencils when in a hurry. Hope someone will give us some suitable alternatives if the new YPF ones are carp????? I like having the brush on the other end too as it makes it really quick.

it is the convenience factor with me too, i am the worlds worst 'getter upper' and generally cut it more than a bit fine in a morning to get to work on time, so brow tech would not fit in with my schedule.

though if anyone has any foolproof 'get my but outta bed in a morning' tips i would be glad.

my alarm has the snooze button hit atleast 10 times :-( and i realy hate this part of my self cos everyday i know i am doing it

I don't know whether it would be of any use to any of you, but Rimmel do an eyebrow pencil with a brush at the other end, and it comes in lots of colours. It's very suitable for me when I don't have time to browtech, and I've lost brows due to medication, so I'm a bit picky about products. I never used the MP one so don't know exactly what is required.

No wonder I sold all my MP pencils in the drop!

Oooh - you got me on a mission there - I've got some MP eye and lip pencils (not even sure what there is) that I've never even taken the tops off - just gone and fetched them. If there's a demand for them I might as well try and pass them on to someone who wants them - thanks for that!

Is it the automatic eyebrow pencil? Are they all one colour? I can't see anything about what colour and I don't want to wind it to find out.

I've found one automatic eyebrow pencil, one automatic liner - not sure if one side is black eyeliner and one side lipliner - does anyone know if that is possible? - and two double ended liners - one sugar raisin lipliner and chocolate eyeliner and the other spice lipliner and black eyeliner.

Sorry - gone off topic
ooops.gif
ooops.gif

I don't know whether it would be of any use to any of you, but Rimmel do an eyebrow pencil with a brush at the other end, and it comes in lots of colours. It's very suitable for me when I don't have time to browtech, and I've lost brows due to medication, so I'm a bit picky about products. I never used the MP one so don't know exactly what is required.

We don't require much, only the holy grail of eyebrow pencils! :54: Now thaty you mention it though, I have read good things about the Rimmel one so I'll check that out. Love Rimmel prices too!

I'm really disappointed to hear this. I've been using MP pencils for many years now and don't know what I will do when my current stock runs out then :(

Don't really like SB browtech in comparison so keep me posted too.

though if anyone has any foolproof 'get my but outta bed in a morning' tips i would be glad.

my alarm has the snooze button hit atleast 10 times :-( and i realy hate this part of my self cos everyday i know i am doing it

I was so like this, then instead of hitting snooze continously I set my alarm for 30 mins later and had only a couple of snoozes. That extra 30 mins of 'proper sleep' made all the difference. I found that I would tend to wake up once and properly rather than feel groggy from lots of disturbed 10 min dozes.

Suzywoozy has a point maybe you're not ready!

Alternatively it has just become a bad habit and when I was struggling with really early mornings once I put my alarm on the other side of the room to stop me sleepily hitting the snooze repeatedly.

Thanks Yolanda - I will put Rimmel on the shopping list for the weekend and have a look to see if it is as good. The MP one was a twist up one which was quite soft inside - some pencils are a bit hard and 'scratchy'?? Fingers crossed.

That's a shame that YBF pencils are not the same. Luckily, I bought 2 sets of Models Prefer in June, just before MP got phased out. The are really great, the "holy grail" of an eyebrow pencil.

But since I've got so many Smashbox eyebrow techs unused from previsous TSVs (4), I decided to use them every day and keep the MP pencils in my makeup bag for just retouching or travelling.

After using brown tech for several months, I got used to it and now it takes me just 2 minutes to get my eyebrows done, to perfection, almost the same time as the pencil.

So I think it's really worth persevering with brow tech, particularly if you've got a big stash to go through, it lasts for ages. I've been using my first pot for almost 9 months, and there's still some left.

thanks for the waking up tips.
i do get enough sleep the problem is two-fold one i am lazy particularly on cold winter morning, and two, i have the most wonderful dreams that i dont like to leave, i mean not mind blowing its just like having another existance in dream world, everynight without fail i have life like dreams, but i am alway me in the dreams just a much younger me.

my dad said recently even as a very young child it was difficult to wake me.

annoys hubs though that i can't get up because i start my day stressed cos i am running late always, add a very stressful job into the bargain and by lunchtime i am ready for a siesta, lol i wish

i know life would be so much better if i got up at first buzz, i would feel better and look better cos i would take more time to get ready, plus i would have time for a breakfast ratherthan a quick coffee and a mars bar at 10

Latest posts

Back