TSV - GT Express

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissTibbs

Registered Shopper
Well, well, well...they've resurrected this item. I bought the original one years back (not from QVC) and, although it was a good idea, it was very poorly made - the non-stick coating came off after a few uses, it was a real pain to clean and, in short, it ended up in the bin. Like many others, I kept saying they should have made it with removable plates, and so they have. I wonder if they've improved the non-stick coating?

I am a teeny weeny bit interested, as I am a kitchen gadget freak, but my past experience with it puts me off. Anyone else going to go for it?

Well, well, well...they've resurrected this item. I bought the original one years back (not from QVC) and, although it was a good idea, it was very poorly made - the non-stick coating came off after a few uses, it was a real pain to clean and, in short, it ended up in the bin. Like many others, I kept saying they should have made it with removable plates, and so they have. I wonder if they've improved the non-stick coating?

I am a teeny weeny bit interested, as I am a kitchen gadget freak, but my past experience with it puts me off. Anyone else going to go for it?

I had an idea this may be the TSV so, unusually, I waited up until the preview last night. I have been watching the previous model on infommercial and liked it. I am pleased I waited as this looks like a much improved machine at a better price.
I ordered mine this morning and can't wait for it to arrive!
I saw the spatula alone in morrisons for £3.00.

I was watching preview last night and i didnt know QVC sent stuff out for customers to test they had 2 t-callers that they sent it too.

I bought one years ago - the 'non-stick' coating came off on the first use. It was one of the worst products I have ever bought so hopefully they have improved it. I still wouldn't buy one again though.

I bought one of the originals too - and the non-stick came of within a couple of uses - then everything stuck and was difficult to remove. Didn't watch the presentation as just thought oh another load of carp, but if it has removeable plates and the non-stick is better then maybe it could be alright. Would not tempt me to buy another though.

I am a teeny weeny bit interested, as I am a kitchen gadget freak.
Agree on both counts. I like the look of this and particularly the thing for baking small batches of individual cakes/pies etc.

On the other hand, it would just be ANOTHER gadget cluttering up the kitchen...

I got the original version from the QVC outlet shop for £4.99.......that's the right sort of price in my opinion.......

Does do nice ommelettes(sp???) though....

Well, I have NO willpower whatsoever!!! I've ordered one. If it turns to cack, it's going back.

Graham, yes, I did do sausages in my last one. I really liked the idea of my last one because, with a young child, I was able to make her some nice meals which didn't involve turning on the oven. We also made breakfast in it a few times and I also made myself a few small meals at lunchtime etc...all this before I finally gave up on it due to not being able to clean it properly and the non-stick coming off.

I decided to give it another chance. Am I a sucker or what??

Yes!!!

But no worse than the rest of us who spend all day watching things then give in. The power of shopping telly.

I ordered the old one when they were clearing the stock off cheaply & was so unimpressed that I sent it back as faulty without even using it. The non stick was scratched on receipt, which was my excuse for sending it back & getting my p+p refunded, but it was really poor build quality full stop. What really drove me batty though was feeling I'd been lied to about the "recipe book". I don't call "open cake mix & put in pan" a recipe! Worse than that they hadn't bothered to translate it out of American into English. I simply didn't know what some of the ingredients were! I mean, what on earth is a "refridgerator biscuit"!

My recommendation would be if you fancy something like this buy a Remoska from Lakeland instead. Yes, it's a lot more money but you do get what you pay for. Mine is never out of use, which is more than I can say for my oven since I got my Remoska! (Also Lakeland deliver for free on an item that amount & will still let you try it out then return it if you change your mind.)

Wow when I glanced at the TSV I just thought it was a bit of a gimmicky way of cooking that took up yet more space in the kitchen but you guys seem to like the idea.

I have one of the early George Foreman grills taking space. Gave up using it for grilling because cleaning too boring but it remains in almost daily use because it makes the best toasties ever!

So what would I cook in one of these? Can see point if cooking for one or two maybe but my children would laugh if I cooked just six cakes in this!

Also it would stand out like a sore thumb in that colour....

What really drove me batty though was feeling I'd been lied to about the "recipe book". I don't call "open cake mix & put in pan" a recipe! Worse than that they hadn't bothered to translate it out of American into English. I simply didn't know what some of the ingredients were! I mean, what on earth is a "refridgerator biscuit"!

LOL - I thought the same thing when I first saw it. It wasn't adjusted at all for the UK market. I knew what the stuff was, because I grew up in the US, but of course, you can't buy that stuff over here in the UK - not easily OR cheaply. The refridgerator biscuits they are referring to are a bit like a savory scone - in the south, where I grew up, everyone lived off them. Normally you make them from scratch, but you can buy them already made and you just keep them in the fridge and then cook.

I also had one of the original ones and mine also went in the bin as the none stick came off after a few uses, although it did make good omeletes, thats all I ever used it for, last night on the launch I noticed that the toad in the hole she cooked seemed to stick and leave a bit on the plates, so it does not look as though the none stick is any better than the last time to me, as I would not have thought that should have stuck, so I will not be chancing this again.

Did anyone else think that the base of several things that were cooked looked badly burnt? Was this a problem with the previous model?

Has anyone on here ever been given something to try like the t callers yesterday or are we all blacklisted?

Well, this has had very poor reviews on the website. Lots of complaints about the poor quality of the non stick, difficult to wash, americanised cook book and weights, poor cooking etc.

Not a good buy then, it seems.

Latest posts

Back