Vacuuming Robot Roomba

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Snoopy

Guest Shopper
I have a major issue with this description surely vacuuming implies suction ? the thing has no suction what so ever it just sweeps bits up into an inbuilt pan with little brushes.They keep going on about how easy it is and how it does a better job than your "big" vacuum cleaner but it can't do as it leaves dust skin debris and particles in your carpets.

So good to hear that you are domesticated Snoopy and do household jobs such as brushing/vacuuming the carpets. Your hints and advice on goods is much treasured. ;)

What I can't get over is, my normal sized dyson fills up quickly and has to be emptied often, so how on earth is that tiny thing going to cope with everyday living? Talk about gimmicky!

I agree Diane ok we have a huge dog here but the amount of dust i have to shake out of our Vax's filter is unreal,that's why i have an issue with Ideals description of this product all that dust stays in your carpets.

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47

Just for info!

Hmmm for some reason the link is not coming up as clickable but will work if you copy & paste it in to a new window. :)

Last edited:
Oh ye of little faith!!!

Guys, I don't know how it works BUT it does!!! I bought one last week (not from IW) after reading Mia's glowing report here and I'm definitely not disappointed. I've got two large dogs, including a Dalmatian who sheds constantly and it's brilliant at keeping my home hair-free. You should see the tiny particles of skin, dirt etc it collects in it's filter. It's saving me hours of tedious vacuuming on pale hard floors where I can't really see the cr@p that's lingering. I didn't expect it to cope with the rugs but it does a more than adequate job on those too. I still use the Oreck (best vac in the world for pet hair IMO) for rugs a couple of times a week and rotate the Roomba around the home so it does one room per day... :thumbsup:

As you know from my previous postings I have said more than enough about the wonderful Roomba! I love it. I have a mixture of carpets and wood floors and all are cleaned beautifully right up to the edges. I clean the ground floor in one go and after a recharge I set it to work on the first floor. I have a large open plan ground floor comprising 6 areas and it works its way round leaving it all very clean. DH says he has never known the house to be so clean - he was sceptical in the beginning but now admits this was one of my very best purchases. :)

BTW - so glad you are happy with it prophette!

Last edited:
I have just tuned in to IW and they are demonstrating one of these but although it is the same make it is a different model to the one prophette and I have bought. This is the silver ours is the 530.

Big thank you to Mia and Prophette

Hi - I read this thread last week and on the glowing recommendations and descriptions ordered the 530 through Amazon (Barmey). It was delivered yesterday and I tried it ysterday evening and can't believe how good this is. It whizzes around the room There is a gap of about 3 - 4 inches at the bottom of my sofa which is too heavy to move often and it goes underneath and cleans. As you said don't know how it works but it does - all around table legs, from rug, to carpet to hard floor to rug . Brilliant! Money I shouldn't have spent but glad I did :rolleyes: thank you

Glad to help, Mollie! My little guy's cleaning under the furniture in the hall as we speak... :thumbsup:

Given mine a rest today but he was busy yesterday. Isn't it great how it cleans under sofas and beds! :)

I want one! after reading such great reviews on here. Got a great big heavy Vax not that long ago though,so might have to wait a bit. I remember watching the show and one caller had about 5, good on her. Cleaning is such a thankless boring chore.:D

I really want one of these. August 1st I am moving into a converted chapel which has all the original oak floors. The ground floor is really big and I think this would be the answer. Hmmmmm- wonder if I can squeeze a bit more out of my savings for this?

I really want one of these. August 1st I am moving into a converted chapel which has all the original oak floors. The ground floor is really big and I think this would be the answer. Hmmmmm- wonder if I can squeeze a bit more out of my savings for this?

It sounds ideal for you. My ground floor is large and open plan and it somehow goes everywhere. Go on buy one!;)

It sounds ideal for you. My ground floor is large and open plan and it somehow goes everywhere. Go on buy one!;)

Oye - I am telling my bank manager about you madam!!!:D

Seriously, seriously tempted. Just looked at the IW website but can't see it - how much are they selling them for?

I got mine from Costco, the 530 model,with VAT it was £165,best thing i have ever bought,and can't believe how quiet it is.
debbiex

Latest posts

Back