Yet Another Exciting TSV coming our way......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Tomorrow - yes another load of Northern Nights bedding. How much more of this stuff is QVC going to try and flog for goodness sake? Some houses must be over-flowing with feather-beds, duvets, pillows, flannel/cotton sheets and duvet covers, throws, valances and shams in floral patterns, stripes or plains.......:33:

Plus, despite what Suzy says, they DO need ironing (well in my experience anyway) otherwise they look like you've been to bed in them!!!! :54:

Tomorrow - yes another load of Northern Nights bedding. How much more of this stuff is QVC going to try and flog for goodness sake? Some houses must be over-flowing with feather-beds, duvets, pillows, flannel/cotton sheets and duvet covers, throws, valances and shams in floral patterns, stripes or plains.......:33:

Plus, despite what Suzy says, they DO need ironing (well in my experience anyway) otherwise they look like you've been to bed in them!!!! :54:

They certainly do need ironing and then the creases don't come out, even if you steam press!, as for the flannel, there was bobbling galore and bits everywhere with every set I ordered. That was before I washed them as well! We would wake up covered in bits all in our hair.I do love my featherbed but surely you don't need a abundance of them.

I found the bobbling on the flannel terrible too. Like you, we were covered in bits and they were all over the carpet as well. In fact, I felt I was picking up bits all over the house as they stuck to socks, etc. Definitely won't be buying any more.

I sent all mine back busy, I thought they will be thread bare at this rate. And they felt like sandpaper on your skin. Brought all mine from Asda in the end £20 a set cheaper too.

After advice on here I recieved today a sheet from ebay. I have had trouble getting one deep enough to cover my feather bed. The one I recieved today is much more generous than the Nrthern nights I bought with the feather bed,and it has washed lovely (I always wash new bedding before using.) It feels lovely. Will have to see how it wears but at £8-can I really complain?

That sounds a good buy SuziQ. Must go and have a look on there - was it a private seller or shop you bought from?

By the way, I always wash my new bedding before use as well......:1:

I've never bought any Northern Nights things and I doubt I ever will. Matalan is good enough for me. ;)

I complained and returned a forever bobbled flannel set too. Ridiculous mess on carpet.

Regarding washing, yes only have to think for a minute the conditions it's probably manufactured in to want to wash before sleeping next to.

I've got a few sets of Northern Nights and really like it (not tried the flannel after the slating it gets in reviews). It washes well and the fitted sheets are nice and deep and still fit the bed after tumble drying. Two of my friends use The White Company which is quite expensive and not as thick as NN, so I'll stick with them I reckon.

i remember reading how cheap maufacturers use "filling fibres" to make fabrics look and feel heavier and consequently better than they actually are.
fibre fillers are like fabric dust and pressed into the fabric. when washed and used it get loose and you will find fluff everywhere.you are left with a threadbare fabric as the filling has shed out of the woven fibres.
i am suprised that qvc use companies that make this grade of fabric.its the sort of thing that you expect to get in dodgy markets that get bad exports from abroad and sell them to the unsuspecting public.
also there is a consistency issue here.the quality varies too much and there is too much choice. how many good feather beds and duvets do qvc sell.
most shops will sell a couple of down duvets with say a goose down and duck down filling. then you will get tog value(which northern nights refuse to say) and thats about it. too much confusion i feel.

Nearly afraid to pop my head up here but i like NN. So far have only tried the flannel which i admit was very fluffy for the first few washes but has settled down nicely. Yes it is a bit bobbly but after a 10 min spin in the tumble dryer its nice and soft again. Have ordered but not yet received the cashmere flannel try me so wont be getting the tsv but actually wish i had waited for it!!

Yes it is a bit bobbly but after a 10 min spin in the tumble dryer its nice and soft again.

Then you were lucky because this I would have found acceptable but mine never stopped shedding. I was patient and it was way past the 30 days when I finally got cross and demanded my money back. Apart from the annoying junk on the bedroom floor, considering this had to come from somewhere I started to wonder if there would be any fabric left eventually!

That sounds a good buy SuziQ. Must go and have a look on there - was it a private seller or shop you bought from?

By the way, I always wash my new bedding before use as well......:1:

Sorry for the slow response,it was the Mill outlet on ebay that I purchased from. 3 day delivery,cheaper delivery-puts QVC to shame!

I agree, not bought anything from QVC for a long time, they don't seem to have anything innovative anymore, the other day they had the grill which had been improved from before, but as I remember here on shoppingtelly.com members complained that stuff didn't come out as well as they should, another gimick I suppose, I used to love Indigo Moon years ago but even that is tat now, they used to have some pretty unusual tsv's, whats happened to Spanish Gold and Black Hills Gold, I loved their selections of gold.

I don't like NN featherbeds as the feathers peek out after few months and can sting at night.
But so far I have not been disappointed with the bedding
I have heavyweight flannel, which is great, and did not pile. Have washed and washed it, tumble dried...etc and is still as new. I must have been lucky with my 2 sets
I have a high TC duvet set, which is good quality and luckily the fitted sheets are very deep.
I received recently a sheridan duvet set, which was in sale, 600 tc, and it feels very soft.. but the fitted sheet is not deep enough for my matress and memory foam topper

Nearly afraid to pop my head up here but i like NN. So far have only tried the flannel which i admit was very fluffy for the first few washes but has settled down nicely. Yes it is a bit bobbly but after a 10 min spin in the tumble dryer its nice and soft again. Have ordered but not yet received the cashmere flannel try me so wont be getting the tsv but actually wish i had waited for it!!

I'm risking my head too, Nikki, I really like the NN range and we have it on all 3 beds. Mainly flannel but I have had it for many years and although eventually it does bobble a touch, it;s still really soft. I'm really pleased with it and think it's worth the extra few pounds.

I do have a set of the high thread count cotton as well and that is lovely.

Just my opinion!

Latest posts

Back