Help with Lock & Lock again please?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I know I've asked this before and I'm sorry for asking again but I'm still confused!

I want to get some Lock & Lock and I can see on QVC's website that the polycarbonate ones don't stain, but there are so many different types of others too, that I haven't a clue which ones to go for. I'm not that bothered about ones that don't stain.

Also, a lof of people have left reviews saying that their lids broke so that has left me feeling a bit put off.

And....if you Google Lock & Lock, a lot of the products that are shown, for instance these on Amazon, look completely different. I understand that there will be containers out there based on the Lock & Lock system, but if they say Lock & Lock in the description, are they the genuine article? :55:

Links:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000AN4CC/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

This one looks completely different to the Lock & Lock on QVC.

So does this one:

https://www.the-emporium.co.uk/productdetail.php?productid=201231

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks,

Carrie :1:

Oh isn't that interesting. Maybe it's simply not a registered trademark so generic use is allowed? Or maybe qvc just have specific sets made for them to sell?

Also, a lof of people have left reviews saying that their lids broke so that has left me feeling a bit put off.

I've had a couple of TSV sets and been quite happy with them. Would not return to a regular type lid now.

Think you can strain them if you force but if you have them sitting squarely and close/open evenly from both sides at the same time (rather than one side and then the other which seems to make it harder) they seem fine.

The only other place i have ever bought lock & lock is Lakeland and they are the same as the QVC ones i had from before. I think through the years there have been some modifications made for example the bright colours have been added and the stain resistant ones you mention - basically the original and in my opinion the best are the ones on the QVC website which show very little colour in the seals (almost navy blue) if you understand what i mean!!

I know I've asked this before and I'm sorry for asking again but I'm still confused!

I want to get some Lock & Lock and I can see on QVC's website that the polycarbonate ones don't stain, but there are so many different types of others too, that I haven't a clue which ones to go for. I'm not that bothered about ones that don't stain.

And....if you Google Lock & Lock, a lot of the products that are shown, for instance these on Amazon, look completely different. I understand that there will be containers out there based on the Lock & Lock system, but if they say Lock & Lock in the description, are they the genuine article? :55:

Links:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000AN4CC/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

This one looks completely different to the Lock & Lock on QVC.

So does this one:

https://www.the-emporium.co.uk/productdetail.php?productid=201231

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks,

Carrie :1:

The ones in those links look genuine to me, the label on the top and inserts in side look just like the ones on Lock & Lock that you seen in John Lewis, Frasers, Debenhams etc.... QVC tend to have them without the labels and inserts.

I have so much Lock&Lock that they are spilling out of the cupboards. The only problem I've ever had with them is that I can not resist them. They are brilliant and I would happily recommend them to anyone.

I agree with Sazza in that the ones in both links look genuine. I have the Bacon Box (free gift from Lakeland Limited years ago) and it's brilliant. I really have far too many Lock & Lock containers so I don't intend buying any more but I've never had a problem with them.

I've bought several Lock n Lock packages from QVC, they are better than most similar type brands in that they don't warp so easily BUT my hubby has managed to rip the lock down flaps off quite a few off them, no matter what Malcolm & his 'its been flapped a trillion times' machine says.

John Lewis are selling some Lock & Lock at 20% off with free P&P in their online sale today.

Thankyou for all your replies. :)

NIKKID, why in your opinion are the ones with the slight blue colour in the seals the best please?

Kitee, thankyou for the info about John Lewis's sale, will have a look this afternoon. :)

Just in case anyone has this issue:

When the first polycarbonate sets were sold there were reviews saying they were difficult/impossible to close. I worked it out that the silicone seals were not completely seated in the recesses. Apart from using a blunt knife to press them in, the best way I found was to sit the box with its lid (flaps open) upside down on a hard surface and get someone strong to press down on the base. That will push the silicone strips fully into the recess and you can then close the flaps.

clemenzina

Thankyou for all your replies. :)

NIKKID, why in your opinion are the ones with the slight blue colour in the seals the best please?

Kitee, thankyou for the info about John Lewis's sale, will have a look this afternoon. :)

Perhaps i was just unlucky but i had a set of lovely looking coloured ones but they just did not perform to the same standard as the others. The clips broke on some within a few months of buying them. I would not say i was particularly hard on them either as i was still to a degree keeping them as "good".

I have bought two lots and I think its great.Trouble is I have loads in the freeezer and need to use up whats in there as I have hardly any left in the cupboards!!
Never had any trouble with it at all.
Great for taking snacks to work and the smaller ones are ok for the kids lunchboxes,my kids take fruit in theirs.There are 1001 uses for lock and lock!

I have been receiving e-mails to inform me of new posts on this thread but when I've come here there haven't been any!

The latest e-mail told me that Queenie had left a reply but it isn't here! Very strange, can anyone shed some light on this please or am I going mad?

Many thanks,

Carrie :)

they say they don't stain, but I have a few that have gone yellow with curry and red with tomato stain, when I have put them in the microwave it has also made a stain and a rough mark

Latest posts

Back