Gtech

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Thye Gtech Sweeper really is a fantastic machine, amazing how much dust it picks up, I paid £50.00 for mine, great price on QVC only £34.28, works so much better than the other one that did made by another company.

This does look good Graham - have been thinking about getting one of these for a quick clean up. I had the original karcher one from qvc about 15 years ago but it wasn't awfully good and now I have lost the charger. So it is time to invest in a new one. Thanks.

Thye Gtech Sweeper really is a fantastic machine, amazing how much dust it picks up, I paid £50.00 for mine, great price on QVC only £34.28, works so much better than the other one that did made by another company.

Would that be the company with 15% off on the front page of ST.com? :D

Thanks I couldn't agree more Graham.
One of my better purchases from QVC in fact with lab puppy it's great to nip round with twice a day.
Then when a load of pressies such as parts of shrubs from the garden get brought in it out it comes and whips bits up a treat.
Don't know what I'd do without it have it on charge ready all the time.
For Christmas I bought one off ebay cheap for an Aunt she loves it.

I bought a Gtech for £50 from Lakeland and it's brilliant for picking up cat hairs and stray litter. It's so light it's easy to wizz around too quickly with it, but it picks up better if you move it slower. This one is an excellent price.

But does it do stairs???

I hate doing stairs with either an upright or a cylinder - Much prefer a handheld, but not found one with enough suck to get all the pesky little cat hairs out of the corners.

Another G tech fan here - we have 2 cats & its amazing the amount of hairs it picks up ! I have 2 boys & its also excellent for the trail of crumbs they leave behind - I rarely use my dyson now .

xxx

Don't overcharge your G-tech battery!

Thanks I couldn't agree more Graham.
One of my better purchases from QVC in fact with lab puppy it's great to nip round with twice a day.
Then when a load of pressies such as parts of shrubs from the garden get brought in it out it comes and whips bits up a treat.
Don't know what I'd do without it have it on charge ready all the time.
For Christmas I bought one off ebay cheap for an Aunt she loves it.

Hi,
In the handbook, it says do not leave on charge for more than 24 hours. Unfortunately, I read this after I had overcharged it several times and had to replace the battery, which costs £10.95. It also says you should discharge the battery completely once a month and then recharge it fully as it prolongs the life of the battery. My machine is back to fully operational now and is really good, but it should not be left on charge permanently. The result of overcharging the battery is that it does not hold a charge for very long at all. My husband, who is a Science teacher did explain the Science behind what happens to the rechargeable battery if it is charged for too long, but I didn't follow it too well - something to do with chemical changes inside the sealed battery and loss of electrolyte.

I just thought I should warn people buying one of these machines to read the handbook more carefully than I did initially......

:33::33::33:

Hi,
In the handbook, it says do not leave on charge for more than 24 hours. Unfortunately, I read this after I had overcharged it several times and had to replace the battery, which costs £10.95. It also says you should discharge the battery completely once a month and then recharge it fully as it prolongs the life of the battery. My machine is back to fully operational now and is really good, but it should not be left on charge permanently. The result of overcharging the battery is that it does not hold a charge for very long at all. My husband, who is a Science teacher did explain the Science behind what happens to the rechargeable battery if it is charged for too long, but I didn't follow it too well - something to do with chemical changes inside the sealed battery and loss of electrolyte.

I just thought I should warn people buying one of these machines to read the handbook more carefully than I did initially......

:33::33::33:

Thanks for that I'll leave it off charge then.
Most of the time it's more or less discharged as I'm using it that much.
Just done the stairs even though they were done Thursday evening with the dyson, it's picked up nearly a tray full of carpet fluff and dog hairs.

But does it do stairs???

I hate doing stairs with either an upright or a cylinder - Much prefer a handheld, but not found one with enough suck to get all the pesky little cat hairs out of the corners.

See my earlier post well worth a try you need to fiddle the handle and take the front clear shield off.
If like me your bothered with pets during cleaning with my lab puppy doing his Andrex impression.
I can easily hoover when I'm in on my own without the bother of him running off with and chewing the cable

Hey Graham.. thanQ soooo much for this post....

yep-yes- indeedi,,, on your personal recommendation (yes, I trust you) so I went for this item, I never saw it on air BUT hey you made it sound like heaven..
so went for it... .. and I have to say YES....IT IS!!

my goodness it is soooo needed in my house! ThanQ Graham

hehe still like my swivel sweeper too tho! :1:

I got mine too - thanks Graham. My house is sooo clean now - I have to keep having a wizz round with it, even at the sight of the slightest bit of dirt. It is so light to do the stairs and just to take upstairs for a quick clean.

Definately another trend you have started here.

I have a Gtech Graham, and I love mine too. Its fab for picking up budgie feathers and seed.

Latest posts

Back