Does Anyone Buy Gale Hayman?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
Happy Sunday! Does anyone buy this brand and if so, what's it like? I'm always a bit dubious and the reviews on the site are mixed. I've often wondered if any of it's any good considering how the presenters rave about lip lift? I have today's show on silent and I suspect they've put a few too many shimmery products on Tanya/Taneka/Amika/Anneka whatever her name is....... she looks like she'd glow in the dark if left to her own devices.

I have bought a few kits and the lip lift when they were on easy pay and a few TSV's in the past. I would say it is not a bad make and I have had no problems with it. I have gone on to other products now have not bought anything for a while but if something caught my eye I would happily buy it

I have bought a few kits and the lip lift when they were on easy pay and a few TSV's in the past. I would say it is not a bad make and I have had no problems with it. I have gone on to other products now have not bought anything for a while but if something caught my eye I would happily buy it

I'm the same as you loveheart, bought the liplift and I also bought the 24/7 moisturizer which was great. I think they've changed the name now and added spf 15 to it. The texture was very good for under makeup. It seemed to have a bit of spackle

added to it as it dried matt and you could put your makeup on straight away. Here are some sights that sell it cheaper than QVC and the p&p is about £1.95. :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...ex=aps&hvadid=3114755599&ref=pd_sl_6k4sb2vt_b

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/br...t=1&datasource=fragrancedirecten&setpagenum=1

Last edited:
The liplift is great and keeps my lips in perfect condition. I don't rate any other of her items though.

I swear by the lip lift and would not be without it, although I do not like the tinted formulars. Have used some of the skin care and was happy with using it.

I had wondered about the lip lift. I have about 15 different lip balms/products and never seem to find one that actually does what it's supposed to i.e. make me look like Angelina Jolie!! I live in hope......

I have just bought a make up compact with eyeshadow etc - very good quality.

I had wondered about the lip lift. I have about 15 different lip balms/products and never seem to find one that actually does what it's supposed to i.e. make me look like Angelina Jolie!! I live in hope......

I can only recommend it, I have very dry lips in the winter, they even used to crack and there was nothing I had not tried. The liplift got rid of it, and I have not had dry sore and cracked lips for years now. :59:

I have no idea why QVC keep Gale Hayman, perhaps they own the brand? You get the same old same old stuff. Other brands have gone but they keep pushing old Gale.

But you can buy it much cheaper online from a number of places. The only item I liked was lip lift but not enough to keep buying and not move to other brands.

http://www.directcosmetics.com/results/advman.cfm?ctype=FR&range=Gale Hayman

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the Gale Hayman range since I bought the trio of the liplift, lip buffer and 14ct gold liplift. Firstly I was surprised at just how small they were (prob due to them being at a try me price) the liplift actually made my lips drier then ever and the lip buff did nothing to help.

Don't let my experience put you off buying tho hun as there are probably plenty of peeps on here who have no probs with using the range.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the Gale Hayman range since I bought the trio of the liplift, lip buffer and 14ct gold liplift. Firstly I was surprised at just how small they were (prob due to them being at a try me price) the liplift actually made my lips drier then ever and the lip buff did nothing to help.

Don't let my experience put you off buying tho hun as there are probably plenty of peeps on here who have no probs with using the range.

A few people have said in the reviews that it was smaller than expected so I wonder if they're all like that, not just the try me? Which seems a bit of a swick when you see they're now trying to sell them for £19.50 a pair. Everything on QVC has been marked up a couple of quid over the past few weeks and I may be daft, but not that daft. Allegedly.

The liplift are only 2.6g I don't think they make it in a bigger size but I am sure someone will know.

The liplift are only 2.6g I don't think they make it in a bigger size but I am sure someone will know.

I remember years ago watching a Gale Hayman hour on QVC that the liplift looked a lot bigger, more like a normal lipstick and it sold for around £11. I'm not sure of the weight at that time and as I very rarely use make up these days am not sure of the weight of a lipstick now.

I sound so sad!!

The liplift is in a very small bullet and, IMO, is way overpriced for what it is. I have never been tempted by the range as, to me, the packaging looks cheap and nasty and makes the products look like something you would get for a couple of quid at a car boot sale. I also get annoyed when Ali Young talks about it being a 'prestigious' brand, it is nothing of the sort, and I don't even think it's stocked by QVC US.

Actually - you're not the only one, I had a fairly horrific reaction to the lip lift when I used it, all the skin on my lips and the surrounding area right up to under my nose burned off when I used it for the first time. It just went bright red, peeled and felt very sore and itchy for about a week. The only thing that calmed it down was using a good old slathering of Vaseline and leaving it to sink in. I had a lipstick too, which I didn't react to but it just wasn't anything to write home about - the colour made me look washed out and it didn't last at all.

On the other hand, my mother loves lip lift and uses it every day without any problem and she's had some eyeshadows/mascara which she said were nice.

It must just be me who's a funny b****r:1:

I have tried a few of her items over the years but only repeated the lip lift which I really like. Use it daily and lasts quite a long time. It's a bit marmite in the reviews!

animal print what more can i say, to my mind the kit i bought 3 years ago was rubbish. absolute tat, i would say it is the kim and co of the cosmetic world, the lipstck and lift made my lips sting like billiyo

if you look carefully gale hayman is often sold in pound shops

I have never tried the range - and silly as it may sound, I never will while it is packaged like a market stall pick five for a fiver brand, and while the presenter looks like she's been on the beer all night.

Hmmmmm, I'm thinking it's a mixed bag of reviews of which all are appreciated, thank you. I do have sensitive skin though so maybe I should mull it over some more before venturing down the lip lift path, just in case.......:33: I was after a bit of a pout as opposed to something that makes my lips look like I borrowed them from a sunburnt kissing gourami which knowing my luck, would be the case by the sounds of things.....

Latest posts

Back