Dear God!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
Have you seen that awful Salvador Dali style 'jewellery' that's on just now? And the price of it!! :11:
They must think we button up at the back.

I think the worst one was the freaky elephant with legs like the war machine things from 'War of the Worlds', positively creepy! *shudders*

They're atrocious!! I worship Dali and the tall elephants are a classic image from the Last Temptation of St Anthony. That stuff is vile and crazy in price. :64:

That is so wrong on many levels!
Who the hell has decide the viewer will want that load of sh**e :33:

They're atrocious!! I worship Dali and the tall elephants are a classic image from the Last Temptation of St Anthony.

I'm not much of a Dali fan to be honest so had to google it but the originals (still kinda creepy, sorry!) look nothing like that hideous jewellery which makes a mockery of them!

When it comes to art we're all unique in our tastes and vive la difference.
When it comes to tatty baubles we all seem to unite :D :64:

Actually now I think of it the deformed beast is a replica of a gold sculpture, so is the crowned heart. Damned if I can remember the names of them though. :64:

I LOVE Dali and was really looking forward to this range when it was first on QVC. What a disappointment. The items look really cheap and nasty. Bet Dali is spinning in his grave!!

I LOVE Dali and was really looking forward to this range when it was first on QVC. What a disappointment. The items look really cheap and nasty. Bet Dali is spinning in his grave!!

They say he loved money, an anagram of his name being avida dollars, but I can't imagine he would want to be associated with such tat. :64:

Oh dear...

I liked the elephants, and I was given the hand earring for Christmas.

He did design them, after all...

Aha! I saw a bit of that show last night and wondered if there would be a thread.
What an insult! While we might not all like Dali's art, those pieces of jewellery were sooo cheap looking - except they weren't cheap.
What about a nice Pre-Raphaelite range made of Bacofoil and plastic smokey quartz?

The lips and teeth scared me

and that was just the guest presenter:54:

I caught some of the show and couldn't believe the prices when there were no real precious metals or proper gemstones involved...daylight robbery...

I do like Dali's art, but I'm afraid it doesn't translate well into costume jewellery. (And I was gobstruck at the price of it as much as anything).

Latest posts

Back