Question about Clearance Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dazzler!

Guest Shopper
I have gone on waitlist for a couple of items of jewellery. When I went on the waitlist, it said they were Anniversary price, now when I look to check just in case they have become available, they now show as Clearance Price, but still waitlist. Does anyone know, Does this now mean I wont get the items? Thanks

When I went on the waitlist, they were Anniversary prices as the items went to air but then a few days later changed to clearance although the prices are the same. I will just have to wait and see I guess.

This is just speculation on my part, but... I think when QVC 'sell out' of items and then go to 'waitlist'...people on the 'waitlist' will get sent any returns. This is even more likely if the item is in 'clearance' as you can be fairly certain they will not be re-ordering that item just to sell it at a reduced price.

I have very occasionaly gone onto waitlist and if I do get the item it either comes without the original box or wrapping (as in a Lola Rose necklace) or is damaged (as in a gold chain TSV necklace)...as I say it is only speculaton on my part but I would bet good money that if you do get sent the item it will be because it is a return and you'll just have to hope it was sent back because the person didn't like it or it was the wrong size rather than used and damaged. Good luck! :D

This is just speculation on my part, but... I think when QVC 'sell out' of items and then go to 'waitlist'...people on the 'waitlist' will get sent any returns. This is even more likely if the item is in 'clearance' as you can be fairly certain they will not be re-ordering that item just to sell it at a reduced price.

I have very occasionaly gone onto waitlist and if I do get the item it either comes without the original box or wrapping (as in a Lola Rose necklace) or is damaged (as in a gold chain TSV necklace)...as I say it is only speculaton on my part but I would bet good money that if you do get sent the item it will be because it is a return and you'll just have to hope it was sent back because the person didn't like it or it was the wrong size rather than used and damaged. Good luck! :D

Thanks Snuggles for that. Hopefully if I do get a return its one that has just been quickly tried on and it is too big for them or to small and not been worn, or even one that some one has on cheque hold or has cancelled.
They can't have made many pieces as they were new items to air as well.

I seem to remember that someone on here said that there has to be ten of an item in stock to trigger waitlist orders to be sent.

I went on waitlist for a Leighton Denny kit and I am 100% sure I got a returned item. However this was only sent when the item had come back into stock to be shown on air. So I think that I was just at the front of the queue so I got the returned one rather than new stock rather than them sending out returns as they come back in.

I've been on 'waitlist' for some items only to have most orders cancelled even though the products did come back into stock! I had trouble with an order I placed for some Liz Earle items on 'Last Clicks' - it was accepted, showed "In Process" and then promptly got cancelled and I only found out by checking Order Status which I thought was disgusting.

It doesn't sound too promising for you Dazzler but I hope I'm proved wrong and your goods do eventually turn up.

I've been on 'waitlist' for some items only to have most orders cancelled even though the products did come back into stock! I had trouble with an order I placed for some Liz Earle items on 'Last Clicks' - it was accepted, showed "In Process" and then promptly got cancelled and I only found out by checking Order Status which I thought was disgusting.

It doesn't sound too promising for you Dazzler but I hope I'm proved wrong and your goods do eventually turn up.

Thanks Busy. Nothing ever is very promising for me lol.

Just rang Customer service and spoke to a very nice man who said there is a chance they may be back in stock as I ordered when they showed at anniversary price. so he said he was keeping his fingers crossed for me bless him. you never know.

My last waitlist item arrived last week, I was begining to think it was never coming back as I orderd in the first week of January, but it was brand new in pakaging and with tags and stuffing.I think if you get waitlist goods quickly they are more likely to be returns.

I've been sent the wrong item on a few occasions - and it's always when I've ordered from Clearance / Last Clicks. The thing that arrives is invariably similar to the thing I've ordered, eg a gold and topaz ring instead of gold and tanzanite. I always wonder if they just rummage around in a big box of odds and ends looking for something that vaguely matches the description!

I've been sent the wrong item on a few occasions - and it's always when I've ordered from Clearance / Last Clicks. The thing that arrives is invariably similar to the thing I've ordered, eg a gold and topaz ring instead of gold and tanzanite. I always wonder if they just rummage around in a big box of odds and ends looking for something that vaguely matches the description!

oh dear- never had that happen. sorry to hear that

These items were not actually in the clearance last clicks range, they actually aired on a show on QVC with Anniversary prices as new stock, and then sold out at anniversary price on air so i went on the internet and it said waitist and it was showing at anniversary price so I have gone on waitlist, but two days later the anniversary price now says Clearance price, but the price still remains the same.

Dazzler, I noted that a lot of Gem Day Price, Anniversary Price items were already in Clearance before the Gem Day, Anniversary, etc. When the presenter says 'After midnight, it will go back to QVC price', I think 'No, it won't' - and it doesn't. Which might suggest that your item was already in Clearance, and won't be restocked, unfortunately. But if they said it was new stock, that's baffling.

Maybe somebody found a unopened box at the back of a cupboard? (Probably JR's.)

Hurrah update - I managed to get both of the clearance items I went on waitlist for, they became available on cancellations. One has been shipped today and the other one will be on its way. really glad because these two are bargains and you cant turn down a bargain especially Suarti!

Its arrived my Suarti bracelet. Its 687803. OMG Its a wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad that I moved Heaven and earth to get this piece. A good reduction as well. I dont want to take it off.
It has cheered me up.

Latest posts

Back