PDA

View Full Version : The Morning Show

ERICS MUM
12-07-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't like it :(. Its too "bitty", going from one thing/one guest to another, too much handover between presenters, there are too many disruptions.

Linda

Claudia
12-07-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't like it :(. Its too "bitty", going from one thing/one guest to another, too much handover between presenters, there are too many disruptions.

Linda

The items must do well though, because everytime I try and watch some of the items on the video on the website they only have one or two items, one time they had none!! .....I think it's kinda gimmicky though the whole "morning show" idea, trying to make it into a tv programme rather than what it is, a high pressure selling machine :D

bags
12-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I find Dale and Debbie have been a bit over the top and hyper.
Simon and Kathy have much more relaxed friendly banter between them.
Shame Julian :) and Claire have only done one show as yet.

prophette
12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I find Dale and Debbie have been a bit over the top and hyper.
Simon and Kathy have much more relaxed friendly banter between them.
Shame Julian :) and Claire have only done one show as yet.

I must've missed that one...

:love::love::love::love::love:

bags
12-07-2008, 11:21 AM
I must've missed that one...

:love::love::love::love::love:

Yes he's done just the one show. :(

Yesterday don't know if anyone saw he popped up in the Northern Nights hour think it was with Suzie and Dale.
He was in the building with the work experience students bet they were having fun ;) with Julian lucky devils. :)

prophette
12-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Yes he's done just the one show. :(

Yesterday don't know if anyone saw he popped up in the Northern Nights hour think it was with Suzie and Dale.
He was in the building with the work experience students bet they were having fun ;) with Julian lucky devils. :)

I saw that - and promptly asked my DS15 if he wanted to do work experience at QVC next summer!!! :mutt:

Sadly, he just sighed and shook his head... :d'oh: :d'oh: :d'oh:

bags
12-07-2008, 11:25 AM
:) Yipee !!!!!
Have just checked Julian's down for Monday's morning show.
Set your boxes / video's Girls if you can't tune in. ;)

bags
12-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I saw that - and promptly asked my DS15 if he wanted to do work experience at QVC next summer!!! :mutt:

Sadly, he just sighed and shook his head... :d'oh: :d'oh: :d'oh:

What a shame and my daughter said well I'm not traveling all the way down to London for work experience.
You think we could have brought them up differently with all the QVC that's on. :D

Miriam
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I just don't get the attraction of Julian! I find him really smarmy! It's so lucky that we all have different tastes!

As for the Morning show - well at least they're trying something different! Not quite This Morning though is it?

Mrs James
12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
No,they need a music slot and an agony aunt.....

Miriam
12-07-2008, 12:29 PM
And a psychiatrist who plagerises other people's work!:rolleyes:

WillyNilly
12-07-2008, 12:37 PM

And if they will play requests, mine would be Fleetwood Mac
Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies
Only the words would be Tell me lies
Tell me great big lies Tell me more lies

Miriam
12-07-2008, 12:43 PM
And a psychiatrist who plagerises other people's work!:rolleyes:

I spelt plagiarise wrongly! Sorry! I did learn to write proper like at school, honest mate!

Makes me look as though I was dragged up!:D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
12-07-2008, 02:54 PM
i acutally like the morning show

mimi
12-07-2008, 04:41 PM
The only thing that annoys me about it is that they have to drive home the point it's a morning show thats being shown in the morning and because it's morning the presentsers have to be flicking nonchalently through newspapers or have a coffee mug clamped in their hand...yes, I think I can work out thats it's morning by looking at the clock.

Fallen Angel
12-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Only seen one show, usaully busy that time of the morning anyway. I'm sure they have done some sort of show like that before years ago. :think:

bags
12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Only seen one show, usaully busy that time of the morning anyway. I'm sure they have done some sort of show like that before years ago. :think:

I don't know of morning shows before but when Julian and Claire did their one & only show, Julian made a comment it took them both back to years ago. :confused:

mermaid
12-07-2008, 06:35 PM
They have done the morning show before - must have been 5+ years ago, I would think. I used to like it, you got lots of bits from the days programming. It was more 'chatty' then though. More like a sort of breakfast show with a few products thrown in. QVC is so into the hard sell these days, it's not as good.

bags
14-07-2008, 08:57 AM
It's about to start

bbelle
14-07-2008, 09:01 AM
It's about to start

Hoo-ray!! :D And Claire is wearing the Lola Rose TSV.

Mrs James
14-07-2008, 09:12 AM
just spotted that BB....Might fancy that dependant on price. :)

bags
14-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I see the croc's back in Tuesday's morning show.;)

margaret43
14-07-2008, 11:44 AM

Watching Kathy is agony.

Lemonsqueezy
14-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I don't get it either,apart from 2 presenters and a bit of jumping from one thing to another....it's still hard sell as usual!