This Channel Is Dross

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rocky

Registered Shopper
I dont know what it is but this channel really peeves me off. The presenters seem to act like there speaking to 5 year olds. Cant stand it, Just my opinion of course :)

LOL - Am I the only person who loves this channel? It's definitely my favourite!

Some of the presenters I could take or leave, 'tis true; but a lot of the jewellery is stunning.

No Miss Magpie, you are not the only person who likes this channel. I love it to.
I've bought loads, and am still buying. As for the presenters, I think on the whole they do a good job. I'm sure we all have our favourites, but that just goes to show how different we all are. Variety is the spice of life. I say if you don't like it don't watch it..... that's why your telly comes with an off switch.

I dont know what it is but this channel really peeves me off. The presenters seem to act like there speaking to 5 year olds. Cant stand it, Just my opinion of course :)

I know what you mean. I only watch when the mighty John Scott is appearing. Other than that, I can't be bothered with all the 'fakery'. We're too grown-up for that kind of childish salespitch.

Most of the jewellery channels on the TV and internet are much of a muchness. "Dross"? Well I guess that's a personal opinion. Their presenters on the whole leave a lot to be desired but the same can be said of the other outlets.

My issue with Rocks is the dreadful cutting of the central stones. Why stick a Skoda in the middle of a ring with decent diamond accents? I don't buy from them (or any of the other channels) because I've found sources elsewhere where I get better value, well cut gemstones.

I've got to say that watching John Scott (who can never be described as dross) is a pleasure. If he were on 24/7 I might be tempted to watch again!

Skodas are good since Volkswagon got in on the act - honest! Maybe they should get into gem-cutting too! :54:

That's where your experience shows cos I don't think I would recognise bad gem-cutting except when it's glaringly obvious.

Apart from that, Rocks & Co seems very expensive to me in comparison with other channels.

My issue with Rocks is the dreadful cutting of the central stones. Why stick a Skoda in the middle of a ring with decent diamond accents?

Ha ha I like that analogy

Skodas are good since Volkswagon got in on the act - honest! Maybe they should get into gem-cutting too! :54:

Good one Calico! :)

That's where your experience shows cos I don't think I would recognise bad gem-cutting except when it's glaringly obvious.

It is glaringly obvious on Rocks & Co. Their gem cutters would do well in the double glazing business - windows galore!

Rocks and co have gone down hill abit for me, since they no longer sell silver and i personally like to wear gold and silver, and liked silver items as gifts for people.
The do have some bad presenters, but i guess all the channels have some nightmare presenters! The very worst from all the channels for me has to be rocks TV presenter, the mad banchee woman, she put me off for life! And whilst rocks and co have some really bad presenters, they also have the wonderful john scott which is their saving grace!

Apologies......its turned into a bit of a ramble!

:58: I can't quite put my finger on it as to just one reason why, but this channel doesn't really do it for me.

:33: Its probably an amalgamation of things.....

some of the presenters are not very watchable
prices do seem a bit high
iffy quality of some central stones as mentioned previously, although the designs are very nice
that irritating pounding tuneless beat when the price plunges (that really gets on my nerves)
and the usual rather bland studio setting, plain table, plain background doesn't sustain my viewing interest (it takes a large personality like JS to compensate for the blandness elsewhere)
my one experience of a very slow delivery / courier service

I am a bit disappointed that the channel is not as entertaining and interesting as it could be,
but hey-ho, this does save me some
money.gif
!

Having said all that I do enjoy seeing what other folks have bought from R&C, so I couldn't say it was dross!

Now...... :mysmilie_770.gif:...... and ......
bye.gif

:58: I can't quite put my finger on it as to just one reason why, but this channel doesn't really do it for me.

:33: Its probably an amalgamation of things.....

some of the presenters are not very watchable
prices do seem a bit high
iffy quality of some central stones as mentioned previously, although the designs are very nice
that irritating pounding tuneless beat when the price plunges (that really gets on my nerves)
and the usual rather bland studio setting, plain table, plain background doesn't sustain my viewing interest (it takes a large personality like JS to compensate for the blandness elsewhere)
my one experience of a very slow delivery / courier service

I am a bit disappointed that the channel is not as entertaining and interesting as it could be,
but hey-ho, this does save me some
money.gif
!

Having said all that I do enjoy seeing what other folks have bought from R&C, so I couldn't say it was dross!

Now...... :mysmilie_770.gif:...... and ......
bye.gif

:Applause: :Laughing1:

Latest posts

Back