Multiple Return

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RedorDead

Registered Shopper
I was a little cheeky recently and send back 3 items all at once. One item was clothing (in one of those large grey plastic bags) and two items of jewellery in those white jiffy bags. Anyway, I completed the returns slip and sealed the white bags and popped them into the grey bag along with the item of clothing and paid one postage. Do you think I'll get my knuckles rapped by customer service? :D

Yep, me too. As long as the right paperwork is with the right item what can they do? Even if they do rap your knuckles it'll be too late, and you've saved your cash.:)

If you look at the returns label they have a different department number, J for Jewellery, B for Beauty etc. I have returned more than one item in the same parcel but I've never mixed items from different departments.

Do they log returns by scanning the bar code on the returns label on the outside packet? Did you put all the returns labels on the outside? My only concern would be that they might miss that you've returned the jewellery items in the jiffy bags inside the main parcel if that is all they do and you would only have one proof of posting form. However, if you can't return things like this then they should tell you to put each return in a separate parcel. The only thing they say is to use the label to address your parcel. Hopefully there won't be a problem for you.

If you look at the returns label they have a different department number, J for Jewellery, B for Beauty etc. I have returned more than one item in the same parcel but I've never mixed items from different departments.

I never noticed that. I guess I presumed they actually open the bags/packets although I must admit they dont seems to always read whats written on the label.

I do have a feeling that they scan the outside label and that's the item that gets refunded :(

I think we've had threads about this in the past - some people have been lucky and had the refund for multiple items, some have had to argue it out with customer services:mad:

Hope it goes smoothly for you Red

I think you are right Jantac, there have been quite a lot of threads about this in the past.
I don't think QVC like you doing like that! Saying that, I have also returned more than one item in the same parcel but made it clear on the outside of the package. I didn't have any problems with refunds.

I'm sure if you give CS a call and tell them what happened it'll be fine!
If they tell you off, just plead ignorance and remind them that the customer is always right!

yes there have been lots of threads in the past about multiple returns, it has been said that QVc don't like it.

yes there have been lots of threads in the past about multiple returns, it has been said that QVc don't like it.

You are right we have had threads about it in the past. The problem is that QVC scan the barcode on the front of the package and that instigates the refund of that item so if you include other items inside they don't know it as they only work from the barcode on the label.

You are right we have had threads about it in the past. The problem is that QVC scan the barcode on the front of the package and that instigates the refund of that item so if you include other items inside they don't know it as they only work from the barcode on the label.

Having read the threads about this in the past if I do a multiple return I make sure each item is in a separate envelope/bag with the return label on it. They all then go into another envelope/bag with a hand-written address on it.

Having read the threads about this in the past if I do a multiple return I make sure each item is in a separate envelope/bag with the return label on it. They all then go into another envelope/bag with a hand-written address on it.

What a good idea. thanks !:eek:

That's a great idea, thanks Janey

This is what I have done many times,and have never had a problem with QVC over it.
I did once return 2 items in a bag with a pre-paid label (very cheeky but I wanted to see if I would get away with it!) The refund happened ok but I did get a letter politely asking me not to do it again:eek:

I returned something to QVC last month and had thrown away the original box it came in by mistake, so I asked if I could return it in the BE TSV box and they said yes BUT I was not to return 2 different items in the same packaging (I was keeping the BE TSV - I just wanted to see if it was okay to use the box as it says return in the original packaging ... I think). I didn't realise this was because of the Department Codes so thanks for that.

I asked once about returning more than 1 item in a parcel and was told it was for "insurance purposes" because if the parcel does not arrive back at QVC they will in almost all cases, after seeing your proof of posting,refund or replace the item.But if you have put 2 or 3 items in the parcel then maybe they would be a little more reluctant to replace and advise you to claim from the post office.If you have not paid the right postage to cover the value of items inside(special delivery or similar) then you may end up out of pocket.

Latest posts

Back