IT problems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

moonie

Registered Shopper
Can someone please at rocks tv, grab the bull by the horns and sort ur computer and servers out? the whole thing is turning into a hit and miss event. If u do manage to log in,(40 mins is my personal best),refreshed twice, found the chat box, got it to work eventually and then watch as your chat fails to appear,ur feeling rather frustrated. then ur buy button vanishes and u have to start all over again....if you can, and if you cant, you get a message from your browser telling you thats rocks server cannot respond to, or too many people are on the site and it can't cope.it cant be a browser problem, i've tried 4 now and the outcome is the same, it's not adobe, its not cookies, its not f5. ITS ur IT problem rocks, come on,sort it out please!!!!!!!!:33:

Hello moonie and welcome to the forum. I think you have a valid point about IT issues. I think several of us are not regular buyers anymore because of connection problems. If I run the live stream I find I am constantly having to refresh if I manage to stay connected in the first place. I seem to have connection problems anyway but it is far worse when viewing rocks. I often cannot load either rocks tv or coloured rocks on IE and although usually ok on firefox it often won't log me in but tells me I am logged in. I have to shut the system down and reboot to sort it.

It must be a nightmare running a live stream but these faults are costing them business. I only buy about once a month now as I haven't the patience to keep fiddling. Sympathy with the Rocks IT Guys definitely, I'm sure they are aware of the problems and are trying to sort them but it's not getting any better as yet. I'm sure John will reply at some point, he's good like that. :D

Just a small hint as I sometimes have problems logging in to another site, is to make sure you clear your cookies before every visit. Pain in the you know what but it works for me :)

Can someone please at rocks tv, grab the bull by the horns and sort ur computer and servers out? the whole thing is turning into a hit and miss event. If u do manage to log in,(40 mins is my personal best),refreshed twice, found the chat box, got it to work eventually and then watch as your chat fails to appear,ur feeling rather frustrated. then ur buy button vanishes and u have to start all over again....if you can, and if you cant, you get a message from your browser telling you thats rocks server cannot respond to, or too many people are on the site and it can't cope.it cant be a browser problem, i've tried 4 now and the outcome is the same, it's not adobe, its not cookies, its not f5. ITS ur IT problem rocks, come on,sort it out please!!!!!!!!:33:

Andy/Andrew is the IT guy at Rocks, can't remember if is e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected], go into Live Chat or e-mail [email protected] and ask them to confirm their IT guys e-mail address and e-mail him and explain your issues and I am sure he will try and help you get things sorted.

I use IE and have not had any problems I use High quality and then F5 before I start viewing.

Just a small hint as I sometimes have problems logging in to another site, is to make sure you clear your cookies before every visit. Pain in the you know what but it works for me :)

I have to do this all the time too but just for rocks site!

Hi y'all,

Don't misunderstand me, I adore the Rocks site, its ethics and all the people involved with it. I like most of the jewellery along with the chat, it's like being at a sales party, but I really don't think it should be down to us to keep adjusting our computers, changing browsers, refreshing constantly, clearing cookies every time we've popped into another site, etc. Many's the time I've been near to screaming pitch, and have just had to log off. I see from chat that people are persistently rebooting and, I don't know if its's still the case, but this used to be murder on the hard disc

I'm no expert, but I do know that these problems appear to be unique to Rocks and really need to be sorted, for both parties. Maybe its a little ambitious to be offering so much activity on one screen at this stage in the technology. When you're new to the site it's an irritation but one that most of us are prepared to battle with. However, once it all becomes a bit familiar and there's less of the fear of missing something (human nature) then one is more inclined to just give up.

I see from chat that several people are frequently rebooting and, I don't know if it's the same for the later models, but this used to be murder on the hard disc.

When any of you from Rocks read this, which I know you do, you know I still love ya.

Argey x

can't login either over the last days, I get kicked out or doesn't allow me to login. I have a basket to check out this weekend, but I don't think I will be able to do so.

Tia the same for me i cant log in i just get kicked out as well and i used to buy a lot from rocks.What i dont understand is it is completely random and pot luck when i do manage to log in.

re IT

thanks for all your comments,guys,good to see that im not the only one practically dying of frustration! Seriously though, i agree with argy, its not our responsibilty to faff about with all this computer stuff, so lets hope someone from rocks reads this, and all your comments ,and gets it sorted, so that we can carry on shopping from a fab company

I haven't been able to get on in days which is a shame because I like to have it on in the background to look for new items but the server just keeps logging off.

It appears that I could be alone in this but I've never had any problems logging on and staying on and sometimes its been on the full 12 hours !! ... not that I'm sat in front of the PC all that time, I'm usually just listening whilst doing other things.

I live in a village with no cable and sometimes in the evenings/weekends my broadband connection runs slower than usual and this has affected some other sites but never had any trouble with Rocks.

civovy - welcome to the ST forum! :))

I must admit, I've never experienced any problems either. In the early days I couldn't join in chat but that was soon resolved. I use an Apple Mac with Safari and, like you, it's on most the the time Rocks is on. We're the lucky ones, I guess.

Hello everyone,

Sorry to hear that some of you are having problems. We made a slight background change to the login page on Monday, can you let me know if it has made any difference?

Feel free to email me with full details at [email protected]

Kind regards

John

It's very strange that some have probs and others don't.

I'm on IE and from Day One I've been able to log on, watch, chat and check-out my basket without any problems at all.
Would be better for my bank balance if I couldn't! :D

Latest posts

Back