New clock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Rocks & Co have just introduced a clock that they sometimes bring in on quantity auctions, so that auctions can time out before the full quantity sells. Previously, the auction had to keep going until the full quantity sold, and so sometimes the price dropped ridiculously low if it just wasn't selling. So no more below-cost super-bargains now, I suppose...

I've seen the future and it has a clock...
They're all doing it now, and none of them started with it (unless TJC did, I didn't see the channel until its brief visit to Freeview!). Although Rocks.tv don't have an actual clock, they might as well have.
To be honest, although I've been tempted by the jewellery, the web prices always seemed too high and apparently they no longer do silver, so I doubt I'd have been a customer anyway.
Hey ho, at least I managed to get in on some bargains around the jewellery sellers before they all saw sense!!! Too good to last I guess!

I've seen the future and it has a clock...
They're all doing it now, and none of them started with it (unless TJC did, I didn't see the channel until its brief visit to Freeview!). Although Rocks.tv don't have an actual clock, they might as well have.
To be honest, although I've been tempted by the jewellery, the web prices always seemed too high and apparently they no longer do silver, so I doubt I'd have been a customer anyway.
Hey ho, at least I managed to get in on some bargains around the jewellery sellers before they all saw sense!!! Too good to last I guess!

Yes I remember getting some great bargains from TJC in the early days and I've bought a few bits and pieces of their silver range recently as the prices are much better than Rocks & Co's who don't do silver anyway. Even Price-Drop TV have a clock now so times must be hard in shopping tv land.

Just goes to show how observant I am - I thought they had always done a mixture of Falling Price and Timed Auctions!!!

Just goes to show how observant I am - I thought they had always done a mixture of Falling Price and Timed Auctions!!!

They did, Klos... but now they've introduced the clock to the fixed quantity auctions, too. They bring in the clock after the auction has started, if they don't think they're selling quickly enough. To some extent it speeds the auctions up, but it also spells the end of silly bargains!

Thanks for explaining that Miss Magpie I thought I was going mad! To be honest I think their prices are high nowadays although I only flick over for a nosey and don't actually watch anymore so it could just be timing. From what I've seen though, as an example, what used to be around £39 is now around £69 which is quite a hike especially in the current economical climate.

Thanks for explaining that Miss Magpie I thought I was going mad! To be honest I think their prices are high nowadays although I only flick over for a nosey and don't actually watch anymore so it could just be timing. From what I've seen though, as an example, what used to be around £39 is now around £69 which is quite a hike especially in the current economical climate.

I think that is the fundamental problem. Certainly in my own business we are trying make sure prices are kept as low as possible, and the lower end lines that we do are taking over the unit at the moment! People still want to treat themselves, but they don't have the disposable income that they had a year ago so they spend less on their treat. We still have the mid and higher end lines, but they are not what is selling so we don't have as many of those lines in stock right now.

If I had dumped my lower end lines (in Rocks and Co case, Silver lines) and just bumped up the prices on the higher end lines, there is no way my little retail empire would be able to stay open passed Summer!

Latest posts

Back