illiana question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemdreamer

Registered Shopper
Does anyone wear an 18ct gold ring every day? was wondering if anyone could tell me how they wear as the golds softer than 9ct.

I wear my 18 ct wedding ring all day every day sometimes with another 18 ct ring alongside it. They do sit flush though so it's not a problem.

thanks jan, so you don't have any probs with scratches etc? got my eye on a diamond 18ct ring, but want to wear it all the time. never owned 18ct in a ring before :)

They do get unnoticeable scratches if you know what I mean, very very fine, with day to day wear but that doesn't bother me, I've also got some second hand diamonds in 18 ct. I think jewellers can re-polish gold jewellery to get rid of the fine scratches.

For day to day wear my rule is as low a profile as possible, no claws preferrable, I really like Art Deco styles.

I do waffle don't I?

I hope I've made a little bit of sense, LOL.

Forgot to say that if you do indulge, enjoy!

Thanks Jan, slight scratches don't bother me, so sonds like 18ct would be fine for me to wear daily. I love art deco too! thanks for your help :)

18k gold scratches about the same as 9k gold. Although technically it's softer, you won't notice a huge difference in how it wears over time.

seen this ring - 434351. is £99 a good price. sorry to keep asking so many questions, i just don't know much about this kind of thing :)

the other ring is 278590 and its £160

https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=434351
https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=278590

Hi gemdreamer

I think both rings are good value for money - over 3 gms of gold in the shank and diamonds as well. I suppose it's down to personal preference as to which style you prefer and your budget of course.

If it were me, I'd go for the Iliana ring. It's 18 ct gold, has a higher diamond carat weight and the diamond grading should be SI and G-H in colour. I think the design is so pretty too. :love:

Good Luck and if you decide to buy one, please can we see a pic?

Oooh, love both designs but personally I'm a yellow gold gal.

Thanks for posting the proper links Melusina, couldn't work out how to do it since they changed the website.

Both lovely rings - I actually think I prefer the design on the 9k one, but bear in mind it would be difficult to resize that one.
That said, TJC are in my VERY bad books just now, I do hope whichever you choose you don't have the aggravation I've had with them.

gemdreamer,

I like both rings and think that they are both a very good price:)

The Iliana represents slightly better value I think because there is more diamond weight,18k gold and a guarantee of SI diamonds,though the design is more traditional.I saw the other one on tv yesterday and it did look lovely when presented too.

The Iliana you could wear with another ring,like an eternity band whereas the 9k one would be better worn alone.

Difficult choice whichever you make,but I think you will be happy with either.

PearlyQueen hit the nail on the head. If you go for the baguette/round brilliant bypass ring, it can't be re-sized (don't listen to them if they say it can).

Also, I've seen non-Iliana and Iliana baguettes from TJC and wouldn't personally buy them. They tend to be highly included - unless you're very lucky. For the price they're asking I doubt they will be.

Iliana diamonds used to be good (no idea about the quality now) so I'd be tempted to pick that one.

Don't know if you've already made a decision yet Gemdreamer, but having just seen the links that Melusina kindly provided,
my vote would go to the Illiana ring.
Did you say it was just £160......for 0.50 ct of SI diamonds? mysmilie_1456

Even spread over 7 stones and way over 3gms 18K gold, I think its an absolute bargain!

I would definitely go for the Iliana ring usually anything below £299 for 0.50ct is a good price, but when they have a clearance some of the items are last of stock and item code 278590 is a very very old stock code, the new stock codes start with 58****, the items i have with a 27**** stock code are from 2006 so if you see a ring you like you need to go for it as it may be last of stock!
Keep us posted on what you buy, happy shopping x

Hi all, thank you for your posts. Just a quick update, well, i decided to buy the iliana ring and clicked to buy it online, but it just wouldn't work! Never had probs before online so not sure why it didn't work. Anyway, I rang customer care and they said the items not in stock, so guess i won't be getting that ring then. He did say they will prob have more in stock?

Hi all, thank you for your posts. Just a quick update, well, i decided to buy the iliana ring and clicked to buy it online, but it just wouldn't work! Never had probs before online so not sure why it didn't work. Anyway, I rang customer care and they said the items not in stock, so guess i won't be getting that ring then. He did say they will prob have more in stock?

Mmmmmm this sometimes happens when you post up on this forum. People see things and if it's a good deal and people say "yes, buy it, great deal" it's gone when you come to get it.

Sorry you've lost out but hope you get it when it comes back in but looking at the item number I'd query what CS said. Give them another ring if you can be bothered.

Thanks meeshoo, perhaps i should wait till after i have brought an item before posting the item number etc in future. I am disappointed i missed out, but if it doesn't come back into stock then hopefully i'll find something equally as beautiful anyway. Thanks for you help :)

Gemdreamer sorry to hear you missed out on your ring but I'm sure you'll find something as nice again.
just to let you know my mums wedding ring is 22ct yellow gold and she wore it everyday for 45years and when she died she wanted me to have it and wear it so i had to have it slightly enlarged to fit and the jeweller reshaped it as it was quite oval and i have worn it ever since thats now 12years with no problems and after all we buy it to wear and enjoy so dont worry to much about whats gonna happen in the future just enjoy wearing something you really love hope you soon find your special ring

Latest posts

Back