Please help - what would you do?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PearlyQueen

Liverpool Supporter
Following on from my "little" rant earlier this week, I have a dilemma now.
As I said, an unwanted/not ordered item was being delivered to my home address, where there won't be anyone to collect it. During my discussion with the CS Supervisor, she reckoned if they attempted to deliver and left a note I should just not re-arrange delivery and the item would be returned to them, so I wouldn't have to try to claim back return postage as well.
Well, I got home yesterday to a letter saying they'd tried to deliver and I need to contact them.
So should I bother?
I know the CS lady told me not to - but I can just foresee that the company will deny all knowledge of my conversation and the ring will get lost in the system and I'll never see my money again. (Can you tell I've lost faith in TJC?)
I dunno what to do...
HELP??!!

Can you call the company and explain the item in question should never have been ordered and it needs to be returned to the sender?
Thats probably what i would do but not sure how much it will help!

Can you call the company and explain the item in question should never have been ordered and it needs to be returned to the sender?
Thats probably what i would do but not sure how much it will help!

That's what I'd do too. I'm wondering if you don't contact them, then they'll just try and re-deliver it in a couple of days?

I hope you get it sorted PQ. It's just a big hassle and no doubt puts you off from buying from them ever again!

I wouldn't personally risk it. TJC's system are all over the place and I wouldn't take the chance that they'd marry up the advice they've given you with what actually happens.

Personally I'd arrange delivery, send back by special delivery and include a letter in the parcel stating what's happened and expressing stating you expect them to refund you the whole amount PLUS postage. If you do it this way, you have proof that you've sent it back and they've received it.

I know it's more faffing but I wouldn't trust them to get it right.

Meesh, that's exactly what's been worrying me, I think I'll just book a redelivery and brace myself for a big fight over the postage. I know it'll only be about £12, I expect I'll spend that much on hold waiting to sort it out, but I can be a bit pigheaded when I know I'm right (always??? lol).
I don't trust them not to deny everything when I follow their advice.

Latest posts

Back