Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Presenter

Post Thanks / Like

Am I mistaken but didn't Victoria Burton/Norris marry a producer on Rocks and Co? Isn't that a conflict of interests.In the old days, I used to be an avid Rocks TV fan but when I flick through Rocks TV, Gems TV and disappointingly now on Gem Collector(and that will probably start selling tookaloon soon at a clearance price!) , it is all the same old same old jewellery . And don't get me started of the unacceptable delay on refunds. (good luck to those who may return things back at the end of January and will probably get a refund in March). The presenters with Coloured Rocks with the exception of Matt & Barry..........fry my brains and are very 'economical with the truth' and so take us all for fools . So although I haven't bought from Rocks and Co , I watch them because the jewellery isn't so same old same old and I can watch John Scott & Gerri Lee

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, can I just say hi to everyone. I have been viewing this site for a number of years now and only just joined as I wanted to make some of my opinions on this subject be known.

Back in the old Gems TV days, I was lucky enough to be invited up to the studio in Redditch and meet not only Steve Bennett but also Theo Van Dort and a number of the presenting team including Nick Davies, Steve Ashton, and Victoria Norris (Burton). The reason for the visit was to try and find out more about a career in front of the camera unfortunatly at the time being early twenties, it was thought I would be to young to be taken seriously, (as im 30 next year might be worth trying again!!!)

Anyway to stop rambling the reason I wanted to post was because of the negative comments towards one Victoria Norris. As I mentioned above, I was lucky enough to meet Victoria and she was an extremely pleasent and lovely young woman, who couldnt do enough to help me whilst I was there. She was very down to earth, extremely gracious and very talkative, but also very intelligent.

When you go on air in this genre of television you have to be first and foremost a salesman, its no different to when you go to a car showroom and the salesman walks over and tries to force you into purchasing a top of the range model which you dont need and cant really afford, its like going into PC World and having a member of staff hassle you to buy a top of the range PC, its what they do and what they are paid to do. Victoria is no different she is paid to go out there and "sell" the jewellery that the Bennetts give her to sell. Does she have her own style of course she does and there is nothing wrong with that. If all presenters on Rocks / Gems came out and presented in the same style then we all would be complaining saying that the show is boring.

So what if Victoria made some comments concerning Gems products when she left, its business, its what you do in this world (whether you like it or not). She had to put her own product (that being Rocks and Co) ahead of any personal feelings she may have had towards Gems TV.

Now bear in mind that this would not impact Steve because of the fact that he left the company before Vicky did. What I can confirm is that Steve and Theo both said to me back in that meeting, that when Vicky came on air the sales did spike up, and thats because shes popular with the viewers.

We all make mistakes in this world, we all do things in our careers which we may not be proud of, but we dont go on a public forum and attack someone for doing it, we really should give the girl a break.

It takes a lot of guts to go back to a company which you previously worked for, let alone go back to one which you have criticised. But if Steve Bennett and the rest of the Gems TV can welcome her back then surely we can do to.

I do wonder if I will be flamed for this post and this may be my last post here on the forum, so thank you for reading and I welcome any comments.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

So was the story of Victoria and her hubby going to America put out there as a smoke screen to trick her ex employees?

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Calling all Mike Mason fans: Mikes autobiography "Hair today, gone tomorrow" will be exclusively sold on Bid soon. Written with his own crayons this is a warts and all tale of an electrician come good. The front artwork is done by Stephen Gayford and the audiobook is read by Sally Jaxx. You don't have to download it, just email her and she wil start reading it wherever she is, you will hear just fine.

Sponsored Links