Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yong Kim "fashion"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yong Kim "fashion"

I've never seen such a load of shapeless and miserable-coloured clothes. The fabric looks rubbish, hems are uneven, button plackets pull and the so-called crinkle garments just look creased. The items that should be cut on the bias aren't, so they don't hang properly and items that should be cut with the grain are not, so they pull and twist around the body.

To top it all, they are expensive (imo).

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that I have an awful lot of Yong Kim pieces, and I wear them all the time. They're incredibly comfortable, they hang beautifully and wash well. They make me feel casual but not frumpy. I can see why they're not everyone's taste, and may seem expensive, but I get so much wear out of them, they're worth every penny. This is one fashion line I'm very grateful to QVC for bringing us.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a quick look and I do think the colours are very dull and uninspiring.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

There's quite a few pieces I like but they're too dear for me at the moment.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I havent succumbed YET, its always a timing issue ( I'm off to Florida in 2 weeks for my twice yearly hols there)

I LOVE this range of QVC fashion, and I think the prices are very reasonable. I buy an awful lot of Elisa Cavaletti clothing which is 3 times the price, but I wear them so much it I feel I get my moneys worth

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ERICS MUM View Post
    I've never seen such a load of shapeless and miserable-coloured clothes. The fabric looks rubbish, hems are uneven, button plackets pull and the so-called crinkle garments just look creased. The items that should be cut on the bias aren't, so they don't hang properly and items that should be cut with the grain are not, so they pull and twist around the body.

To top it all, they are expensive (imo).

It takes all sorts, but I'm with you on this fashion, I would spend my time trying to iron out the creases, and if I saw anyone wearing the clothes I would have thought that they had slept in them... a great big no,no from me.
    Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I like some of the designs and think it's very "lagenlook" but I haven't succumbed. I think it can look great worn in the right way. I have one or two "lagenlook" pieces but they're fairly tame and usually bought at either TK Maxx or Sahara or independent boutiques ... the latter two only in the sale!

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I actually quite like some of her stuff - but cannot see where the prices come from.

However the main reason,I haven't bought any of her stuff is because I wear a 16 top and a 14 bottom.I fear the clothes would make me look HUGE - I try to keep in mind,that they look "sweet" and "elfin" on little Pipa - but I'd look like a hippo

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

This range appeals to people who like the lagenlook, which has a huge following. I personally don't like lagenlook clothing on me but I think they are the style of clothes that always look much better when seen in real life.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't we just say "layered"?