INTRODUCING THE CRAFT CHANNEL THE NEW HOME OF CRAFT TV

If you're looking for exciting, must-have craft products from leading brands, inspiring demonstrations and how-to techniques, look no further. Coming soon to a TV near you, the craft TV channel that everyone has been waiting for is about to make its entrance on UK television.

The new home of craft and hobby shopping TV, The Craft Channel launches in mid September and will be broadcasting seven days a week from our studios in Acton Park, west London.....

READ MORE

Thread: colour change andesine

Post Thanks / Like

Default colour change andesine

just wondering ....why would Gems tv sell over 1 carat of this in a solitaire for 54.00 when it apparently commands over 1,000 dollars a carat. Surely we arent comparing like with like? Or do we take with a pinch of sat these wild price comparisons?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't type now, too busy watching the flying pigs out of the window!

Post Thanks / Like

From what I read natural colour change Andesine is pretty rare and suspicion is that "natural" in a lot of cases means treated by irradiation etc. I have seen alleged colour cahnge Andesine over a carat on sale in the US for less than $100.
    Baby it's cold outside!

Post Thanks / Like

There was an enormous hoo-haa in the US about andesine a few years ago. Most andesine is irradiated as Mr Jones has said. It's not an expensive stone and many don't have a great colour change. I bought about 50 to look at and ended up keeping 1.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a colour change andesine from the old Gemstv a few years back( it was with the usual hype about rare rare rare and I got sucked in like you do ) the stone in daylight is a very dark green with flashes of almost neon green which I like, but to see any change of colour I have to shine a torch on it then it goes a reddish colour ,though as I dont keep a torch handy when I wear it I just pop it on when I want to wear a green stoned ring I do like the design and the cushion cut so I'm not unhappy with it I dont think its what its all hyped up to be thats all.