Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah & Steve Bennett

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Sarah & Steve Bennett

Lets all have a go at kicking Sarah & Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Firstly I am a GEM collector--for some time,my partner is the Jewelry buyer.
    ALL I ever seem to see on here are comment's knocking Gems,Steve & criticising the presenters!!

What Sarah & Steve have done is bring Gemstones to the masses--Most of which if not set in silver would simply never,ever be affordable. I am sure because of the new system in place they and most of you as customers are losing out.It makes much more sense to sell 100 items at 10 than 50 items at 15.
    Steve has tried to give you all the best deal by simply making a little on each item,rather than a large amount on each-and now he has been restricted so has had to increase prices slightly because of comments made!!
    I as a Gemstone collector can tell you they DO bring you unusual stones,and are also continuing to strive to do so--and their prices for quality stones are EXCELLENT-especially as you know you are getting the real gem listed.
    The Knowledge of 99% of the presenters in IMMENSE,and On the one occasion we have sent an item back,it was dealt with really well!!
    As for Nik's hair-have you ever thought he still has the pride to want to look good for Angeline!!
    Price promise on Sale items-Sale is called a sale for a reason.The Bennett's are working their butt's off trying to keep a family business going & saving xx amount of jobs in the process-I brought a telly 3 weeks ago and it is 100 cheaper now-and oddly enough I cannot get my 100 back either!!

Keep up the good work Sarah & Steve from 2 longstanding customers -who unlike most people on this forum,appreciate the variety,rarity & extent you go to to bring us these little gems in precision gold/silver settings

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me for being cynical but someone saying all that in their first post here ..... Hmmmmm.

You are right Steve and Sarah are very passionate and care about the product and customers but I think and I stress this is my opinion not fact, that when they opened Rocks, they had a totally different attitude to selling. Steve and the other presenters were open and honest all most brutally so, stating for example when the gem in the ring wasn't the top quality but they wanted to bring that gem to people who could only afford a lower price point so there did have to be a compromise. The presenters never shouted and didn't use their bodies to try and encourage the men to buy for their other half.

Fast forward to now, we have shouty presenters, who claim every single gem is the best they have ever ever seen of it, the women show as much cleavage as possible and they use every cliche in the book, from using the much hated heartbeat background track, to pretending the item they are selling shouldn't be in the current sale but as they shown it they had to do it 'so take advantage'.

Maybe you are right about Nick's hair, but I can't help but feel it is vanity as he is on the telly. I am sure he would look much better cut short.

PJ
    Calling all Mike Mason fans: Mikes autobiography "Hair today, gone tomorrow" will be exclusively sold on Bid soon. Written with his own crayons this is a warts and all tale of an electrician come good. The front artwork is done by Stephen Gayford and the audiobook is read by Sally Jaxx. You don't have to download it, just email her and she wil start reading it wherever she is, you will hear just fine.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

HI PJ

I have no connection whatsoever with gems tv other than being a customer for the last 5 years!!
    So you can be cynical but my point of view is from a private gemstone buyer-who has noticed how the prices have gone
    up over the past couple of years!!!(I have a lot of paraiba that I brought a few years ago-but now it is far dearer than I can afford)
    I am not claimimg all of the gemstones in the silver settings are AAA quality--otherwise they would have AAA prices to go with them.What I am stating is Joe Bloggs would not be able to afford them-what I am stating is they have brought so many gemstones and knowledge to their customers!!
    I agree about some of the cleavage comments-that it is unnecessary-but did you ever notice this before the rule changes???

As for the screeching presenters-I think this is now 100% better than it used to be.

What I cannot understand some of the personal attacks on presenters--if you don't like someone why not just switch over.
    I have not posted before as before I have just observed-but some of the topics-like Gems network unavailable and price promise not honoured seem
    to be moaning for moaning sake-and I think life is a little too short.
    Surely the amount of returning customers to Gems speaks volumes!!!!!!

JP

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

JP, I agree with you that I would not expect quad a gemstones in a cheap ring, but the presenters need to be honest and not claim it's the best gemstone accented by amazing diamonds when you can see it is a poor quality gem (fair enough due to low cost) and what only can be described as gravel not has amazing diamonds. I am not silly I know if you want nice gems you have to pay, I am not expecting them to do a 'Ratner' and call it crap but they could be more honest.

Give you another example, Steve B was claiming the AAA tanzanite had a better colour than a AAAA one. Pish posh what a load of rubbish. One of the key things when grading is the depth of colour.

I agree being rude about the presenters is wrong but I don't think my post or the OP fell into that catgory when talking about Nicks hair, www were just saying, come on mate take the plunge and loose the TinTin look. I even went onto say the reason we love him is his personality.

PJ
    Calling all Mike Mason fans: Mikes autobiography "Hair today, gone tomorrow" will be exclusively sold on Bid soon. Written with his own crayons this is a warts and all tale of an electrician come good. The front artwork is done by Stephen Gayford and the audiobook is read by Sally Jaxx. You don't have to download it, just email her and she wil start reading it wherever she is, you will hear just fine.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Hi PJ

Are you a gem collector at all??
    I must admit I find the grading of Tanzanite very peculiar-sometimes you see items of Tanzanite on Gems with no grading that appear to be better quality than some AA graded items.
    I have one piece of AAAA & in my opinion the colour is not as good as some of my AAA.
    I think this is one whether you prefer a bright deep crisp blue or the deeper blue almost going towards purplish.
    Gems do not do the grading of the gemstones-I believe this is done by Tanzanite one & the GIT
    I agree the quality of diamonds in the past has been not brilliant in small pieces,but I think haven't gems now started to grade their diamonds?
    As you correctly said best of the best are not going to be set in small silver rings..

JP

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I am more of a watcher than purchaser but I do get the odd thing :-). Wouldn't lie to you and say collector though.

PJ

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I have and do occasionally buy from Gemstv,and what I find the most off putting fact is not the presenters,there are good and bad,but the poor quality,flimsy settings,I understand that gold is very expensive and so has been cut to the quick but silver is still relatively cheap and the settings of the silver rings I have bought have also been somewhat disappointing.
    So much so that when I see a gemstone I fancy I am unlikely to buy because I know what the finished product will probably be like.
    However Gemstv is not alone in this practice as Rocks&co have dire gold weights and now the last silver ring from TJC I returned as it looked flimsy and cheap.
    I for one would rather pay more for a pretty gemstone set in a more substantial setting.

Sponsored Links

Graham Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MYBUFFY View Post
    Gems do not do the grading of the gemstones-I believe this is done by Tanzanite one & the GIT

JP
    There is only one universally accepted official grading system for Tanzanite and in fact all coloured gemstones, that is the GIA system, yet we see time after time A, AA, AAA and AAA+ a totally made up grading.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    There is only one universally accepted official grading system for Tanzanite and in fact all coloured gemstones, that is the GIA system, yet we see time after time A, AA, AAA and AAA+ a totally made up grading.

Hi all

I found this website a few weeks ago, see the link you have explanation for tanzanite grades

http://www.lapigems.com/tanzanite_buying_guide.asp

Sponsored Links

Graham Guest

Folowing my post earlier today Steve sent me the following link http://www.anchorcert.co.uk/tanzanite.html , think this sets more questions than in answers like where did the AAAA+ come from that was offered in early June? Does that mean that all Tanzanite sold on GemsTV is sent to Anchor Cert? or is it done in house and does EVERYONE who sells Tanzanite use Anchor Cert? I asume not so in my opinion makes the whole thing about grading pointless.