Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up



    Create and Craft welcome new presenter Jenny Cleary to the channel

    Peterborough based Create and Craft TV is pleased to announce that Jenny Cleary is joining the award-winning presentation team. Jenny has been working in shopping TV for fifteen years both in the UK and abroad, and is now set to join the Create and Craft team from the end of July.

    Jenny is no stranger to Ideal Shopping Direct, having begun her career in shopping TV as a demonstrator on Create and Craft’s sister channel, Ideal World. She has since worked for several other Shopping TV channels including Gems TV, Jewellery Maker, TSC Canada, HSN USA and QVC in the UK.

    Commenting on her new role as presenter for the channel, Jenny said: “It's always been a dream to join Create and Craft as a member of the presentation team, and I'm over the moon to finally have the opportunity to call it my home .....

    Read More




    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 12
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      West Midlands
      Posts
      1,473
      Post Thanks / Like

      Angry My Glenn Lehrer ring

      Just received my ring and there is a chip on the underside rim of the gemstone that reflects right through the gem, great quality control!
      What a HUGE disappointment but to be honest I am not surprised as I said to my husband whilst watching the show a few times that I thought I saw a chip, as a small chip on the underside rim reflects through the top of the gem and looks bigger!
      Back it goes! :(
      Last edited by gemcherub; 28-02-2012 at 10:59 AM.

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      23
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I thought I saw chips in the gems too but they didn't mention it - it's a shame. Hopefully you'll be able to get a better quality one next time.



    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Lancashire lassie
      Posts
      774
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      What a bummer!!



    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      somerset
      Posts
      738
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      What a shame, are you going to try and get a replacement ?
      other than the obvious disappointment having the chip in it what was your opinion of the ring had it been in perfect condition.In other words would you have kept it and what stone did you go for ,I am interested because I have a ring and pendant in amethyst waiting to be delivered and I so want to love them.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      48
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Good God Gemcherub you must be so disappointed ... so much for well cut gemstones!!! You would think that quality control, at least on the Glenn Lehrer rings would be tighter, and if I was Glenn I certainly wouldn't be happy!

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      West Midlands
      Posts
      1,473
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by gemgem View Post
      I thought I saw chips in the gems too but they didn't mention it - it's a shame. Hopefully you'll be able to get a better quality one next time.
      If you saw the chips and I saw them then why didn't the presenter or Glenn see them and stop them being posted out? Quality control has always let gems down.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      West Midlands
      Posts
      1,473
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
      What a shame, are you going to try and get a replacement ?
      other than the obvious disappointment having the chip in it what was your opinion of the ring had it been in perfect condition.In other words would you have kept it and what stone did you go for ,I am interested because I have a ring and pendant in amethyst waiting to be delivered and I so want to love them.
      It was a lovely cut gem (other than the chip) but to be honest the ring wasn't for me I really wanted to own the cut but haven't yet seen a gem I really want but I heard next time he is doing some in Garnet, Peridot and aquamarine so may try again then!
      But if you love Amethyst I'm sure you will love them.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Fareham, Hampshire
      Posts
      2,012
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Things must be bad if the one they were showing on TV had a chip in it. Either they are blind or trying to pull as fast one. Seems like many years since the birth of Rocks where Steve would all but tell you how much he was making on something, when something was not the best quality but the price would reflect that etc. shame really.

      PJ
      Calling all Mike Mason fans: Mikes autobiography "Hair today, gone tomorrow" will be exclusively sold on Bid soon. Written with his own crayons this is a warts and all tale of an electrician come good. The front artwork is done by Stephen Gayford and the audiobook is read by Sally Jaxx. You don't have to download it, just email her and she wil start reading it wherever she is, you will hear just fine.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      946
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      A chip? OMG that's really not good. GC could yours have been the one that was shown on TV do you think or is the chip in a different place? If it's in a different place then it's disgraceful because the only reason for buying one of these rings is the cut - and that means the cut has to be perfect! Amethyst is NOT an expensive stone and you can pick up massive carat weights for next to nothing. Even top of the range amethyst is still relatively cheap so having a chip on this makes it a VERY expensive amethyst. I'm sorry GC because I know you were looking forward to seeing it.

      Forget the chip for a moment, what was the ring like? Did it feel substantial? One of the things I've noticed about the cut is the outside circle of the gem looks good but then there's an inner circle that appears to be like a window (I know it's not but at least that describes what I see) so, devoid of faceting and flat and then you have an inner circle of faceting with the diamond set in the centre. Does that describe it accurately? Did the Amethyst have blue flash or was it quite pale?

      Sorry, so many questions!

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      West Midlands
      Posts
      1,473
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Meeshoo View Post
      A chip? OMG that's really not good. GC could yours have been the one that was shown on TV do you think or is the chip in a different place? If it's in a different place then it's disgraceful because the only reason for buying one of these rings is the cut - and that means the cut has to be perfect! Amethyst is NOT an expensive stone and you can pick up massive carat weights for next to nothing. Even top of the range amethyst is still relatively cheap so having a chip on this makes it a VERY expensive amethyst. I'm sorry GC because I know you were looking forward to seeing it.

      Forget the chip for a moment, what was the ring like? Did it feel substantial? One of the things I've noticed about the cut is the outside circle of the gem looks good but then there's an inner circle that appears to be like a window (I know it's not but at least that describes what I see) so, devoid of faceting and flat and then you have an inner circle of faceting with the diamond set in the centre. Does that describe it accurately? Did the Amethyst have blue flash or was it quite pale?

      Sorry, so many questions!
      No the chip I saw on air was on a topaz yellow gold ring, the ring did feel substantial at only 3 grams, my amethyst was no where near as nice as the one on air, it was paler and no blue what so ever, it didn't look windowed in the centre circle but was paler.
      Hope yours is better x
      Not having much luck with my gems at the moment :(

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Hosted by Lodge Information Services Ltd