Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ojon leaving QVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    Totally agree about the smell of it for me it was the hair restorative stuff that was the worse. lucky i only bought a try me and was small sizes.Made no difference to me hair wot so ever
    I could not get on with the restorative stuff the smell was off putting,also shampoo & conditioner I could'nt get the bloomin stuff out the bottles.

2.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I must be really odd as I love the smell of the restorative treatment & often put it on before I pop in to the hairdresser for a blow dry,none of the girls there have ever commented on it either though I agree it's a real 'Marmite' smell.I happen to love it.

I find it really conditioning though am still using the old formula.

I do agree re the shampoo & conditioner,you wouldn't want to have dexterity problems trying to get it out of the bottle.

4.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I love the restorative conditioner the best of its type imo. the shampoo and conditioner smell devine when used with the conditioner. oh well its stock up time

6.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    Totally agree about the smell of it for me it was the hair restorative stuff that was the worse. lucky i only bought a try me and was small sizes.Made no difference to me hair wot so ever
    I thought I was alone on this one, after reading all the rave reviews. I used all the stuff under sufferance because of the price, but it did nothing for my hair except leave it with a dreadful smell.

8.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

It's sold in Boots now as well (the dreaded high street). And apparently Liz Earle stuff is coming too (in their magazine there was a feature about it). Once it gets into Boots with a decent sized stand I doubt brands need QVC anymore...

10.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I have never understood why companies pull out of QVC here when they are still on sale in the USA. Molton Brown is still shown over there and I expect Ojon will continue over the pond.

12.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ojon leaving QVC?

My guess is that the size, scale, taxation laws, exhange rate etc and more all combine with the result that QVCUS may as well be treated (as it really is) as a completely different entity than QVCUk. They may both have the name QVC but they may as well be seperate companies. The powers that be at Molton Brown and Estee lauder have probably decided that selling on QVCUs is good for their business but QVC UK is not. Also the perception of QVC in the UK is a that it's a bit naff whereas QVC US is not seen like that. It's so well established over there it is not viewed negatively, and the client base is enormous so EL and MB can't afford NOT to sell through them.

Personally I went off Molton Brown around the time they pulled out of Q because I just got bored. I have never been a fan of the EL brands with the slight exception of Bobbi Brown. I do not buy these brands elsewhere so It does not matter to me whether they sell on Q or not. The difference for me with L'Occitane is thay I would be loyal to the brand if they decided to pull out of Q. I would buy from their stores and other places, as I do now.

I use Ojon colour sustain but I doubt I would buy it elsewhere. I also use L'Occitane shampoo so will probably stick to that.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

14.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

That is what EL did with Aveda(they bought the company and about a year or less later gone from QVC), to be honest if you love Ojon the UK site had brilliant deals on regularly. At the minute spend 40 and get full size shampoo and conditioner worth 40!!!! Free shipping usually.

House of Fraser Belfast sells it and we are getting the brand in Boots next month(along with a Liz Earle and Smashbox counter).

I do like the brand, in fact using the Colour range at the moment. Wonder if Living Proof will fill its spot???? They are on QVC US. No nasties and a very good range. I swap my Ojon use with it and Bumble and Bumble Color Minded.

Yes, I a hair care tart!!!!!
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrJude View Post
    It's sold in Boots now as well (the dreaded high street). And apparently Liz Earle stuff is coming too (in their magazine there was a feature about it). Once it gets into Boots with a decent sized stand I doubt brands need QVC anymore...

I agree, who would pay the ott p&p if you can get it in the high street, imo qvc rarely do unbeatable deals nowadays ...
    Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrJude View Post
    Liz earle is already is some Boots stores already, only 6 stores so far thou , not sure if they will be in every store, would be nice coz Boots do tend to have some good offers 3 for 2 etc