Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

Post Thanks / Like

I notice a lot of new, young very pretty models in shows now. I think this is a good thing. I'd love to see some replacements for certain presenters that have been built in with the bricks. Mwa ha ha....(stroking villainous moustache). Out with the old, in with the new.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

The Q has added an update on Debbie Greenwood's blog, confirming her departure from the channel. She is, apparently, leaving the business - somehow, I don't think so - to concentrate on other projects. Whilst it is good that the Q has finally deigned to acknowledge that she is no longer working for QVC, I feel that we are all right in assuming it was not in the best of circumstances. Quite a succinct, but terse, few lines. After being with QVC for 12 years, I think she deserved more than 2 1/3 lines to say goodbye. I'm sure the reasons for her departure will come out in the wash. Now we just have to wait for Julian's formal recognition of departure. He must have informed them of his intention to leave after Debs so, when contract issues allow, we'll know for sure - as if we don't already! - he is no longer an employee of the Q, not that he ever was, being freelance. Just brings it home, there is no loyalty in business these days.
    Likes May liked this post

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by louise66 View Post
    The Q has added an update on Debbie Greenwood's blog, confirming her departure from the channel. She is, apparently, leaving the business - somehow, I don't think so - to concentrate on other projects. Whilst it is good that the Q has finally deigned to acknowledge that she is no longer working for QVC, I feel that we are all right in assuming it was not in the best of circumstances. Quite a succinct, but terse, few lines. After being with QVC for 12 years, I think she deserved more than 2 1/3 lines to say goodbye. I'm sure the reasons for her departure will come out in the wash. Now we just have to wait for Julian's formal recognition of departure. He must have informed them of his intention to leave after Debs so, when contract issues allow, we'll know for sure - as if we don't already! - he is no longer an employee of the Q, not that he ever was, being freelance. Just brings it home, there is no loyalty in business these days.
    Similar msg is on Julians blog

After a long career as a QVC Presenter, Julian has decided to leave the business and focus on his other business interests. We wish Julian all the best for the future.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness. Can we stop debating and speculating now?
    Likes Tiddlywinks liked this post

I CHOOSE TO THINK THE BEST OF PEOPLE ...

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    Similar msg is on Julians blog

After a long career as a QVC Presenter, Julian has decided to leave the business and focus on his other business interests. We wish Julian all the best for the future.
    Just saw it - he didn't even get 1 1/2 lines. Bet he feels appreciated! Maybe we're being a little negative toward the Q; we don't yet know the whys and wherefores.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by louise66 View Post
    The Q has added an update on Debbie Greenwood's blog, confirming her departure from the channel. She is, apparently, leaving the business - somehow, I don't think so - to concentrate on other projects. Whilst it is good that the Q has finally deigned to acknowledge that she is no longer working for QVC, I feel that we are all right in assuming it was not in the best of circumstances. Quite a succinct, but terse, few lines. After being with QVC for 12 years, I think she deserved more than 2 1/3 lines to say goodbye.
    In general the shorter the valedictory message, the less amicable the parting; neither Debbie's or Juilan's message is particularly effusive. We may never know the background but it's now clear that (as we suspected) they, and QVC, has moved on.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

they will move on and good luck to them ...moral must be high....not

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Now we finally know where they're NOT.

But this thread can continue ad infinitum just like the title says, until we find out where they ARE.
    Likes lynnonthelake , loveheart , Akimbo liked this post

It's never too late to learn something new

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking - do the shopping channels read the posts in the likes of this forum??
    Last edited by thatu; 24-09-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes! I've spoken to back stage staff and they know all about us!
    Jude xx