Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I refuse to let Julian Ballantyne go...!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes your spot on, Catherine, Craig and Debbie so say buy every product they sell.

And then youve presenters like Simon and Charlie, who have both been given hours with there names in the title, Simon has his DIY projects, and Charlie his Gem hours.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

if you don't toe the party line you are out! Charlie and his incredible love of gems and how he used to underestimate them wow! Catherine Huntley gushing for Britain regarding her love of everything that qvc sell and her adoration of "easy pays". Debbie flint just says it as it is you must buy at least three of these in her no nonsense manner. and craig rowes fiengned astonishment of all the goods that qvc sell being far superior to anything on the high street
    Likes Nora liked this post

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzydrury View Post
    And then youve presenters like Simon and Charlie, who have both been given hours with there names in the title, Simon has his DIY projects, and Charlie his Gem hours.
    Both Management brown-nosers I would think.
    Likes Jabbathehut , lynnonthelake liked this post

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

dont know what his colour has to do with it...but I loved JB....I think its such a shame that hes gone (if its true)
    Likes arthursmum, Anna liked this post

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowdottie View Post
    dont know what his colour has to do with it...but I loved JB....I think its such a shame that hes gone (if its true)
    I concur 100% re his ethnicity, although he isn't a fave of mine. In all waks of life, it is beyond me why some people feel the need to make everything about the colour of one's skin. When that colour is black. This is inverted racism. We live in such a multi - cultural/ethnic/religion society, that black - and I use this word after asking black friends of mine, how they would describe themseves - people cannot now accuse every tom, dick, or harry, of showing racism toward them. I see Jules as a presenter, not a black guy working in tv.
    Thanks rainbowdottie thanked for this post
    Likes holmca liked this post

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Q is a business just like any other so we the customers will never have a say in who stays or who goes. It`s the same in every workplace isn`t it ? Who`se to know that those who are leaving are actually leaving by choice for whatever reason and haven`t actually been pushed and have had contracts offered but have simply refused to sign them. I guess we`ll never know the full truth either way. Often people see themselves as being worth far more than they`re offered and the personnas we see on screen are probably 100% different than behind the screen.
    On my part I actually don`t care who goes or who stays. They`re just glorified sales people to me but I rarely watch the live shows and if I want to buy from Q then I shop online. Maybe Q have plans to revamp and are beginning with the presenters and maybe there`ll be more leaving as contracts come up for renewal, who knows and maybe some presenters will work for far less money than others, it`s all a guessing game.
    Likes marcusstone, AmethystRox liked this post

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your comments and for welcoming me to this forum.
    I just want to clarify that at no point was I suggesting that Julian's disappearance or ability had anything to do with the colour of his skin. It also makes me happy that people have commented on how they never really saw him as non-white, as it means that itís his personality that makes him memorable. Being mixed-race and also from (at the time) a virtually entirely white, working class, northern town (as I believe Jules did), I know I had to try much harder than the next kid to get noticed for the right reasons. As QVC studios are based in London, where almost 40% of the population is now non-white, I donít think Iím being entirely unreasonable in feeling slightly unrepresented in certain areas of TV.
    I am of an age where I grew up watching Julian on Saturday morning kids TV in the late 80ís and always found him an inspiration in my younger years when positive, mixed-race, male role models on TV were few and far between, so was pleased to see him regularly on QVC in more recent years. It was seasoned presenters like he and a few of the other long-standing ones that made me think QVC as a cut-above some of the other, more monotonous channels, for bringing personality and humour to the proceedings, rather than the ďsell, sell, sell!Ē attitude, like a pushy salesman in a department store.
    I welcome the fact that people have their own reasons for liking various presenters and I whole-heartedly agree that a personís ability to do a job should never be about race or skin colour, but for my story and my reasons, which I donít expect everyone to relate to, his colour played a positive part.

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

A lovely post Kermit and I'm sure Julian would be touched by your thoughts.

Julian! If you're reading this, let the dust settle, and then join us here for a natter, you'd be very welcome!
    Likes LadyM , dollydimple , boffy liked this post

Jude xx

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely miss Jules, but really, really hope that after 19 years on QVC, he's the one behind the move and that he's got better things to do.
    Likes loveheart liked this post

Do take a look at my Blogs - dipsdesigns.blogspot.co.uk for crafty stuff or dipsdelectus.blogspot.co.uk for beauty stuff

Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Julian has been on QVC for so long, almost from the start, and regularly at the weekend that it feels a bit strange that he's just disappeared. QVC are being discourteous to him and the viewers that watch and like him if they don't acknowledge his leaving, or give him a send-off or whatever - however his leaving came about. It makes nonsense of all that 'QVC family' they're always shoving in our faces too.