Gentleman Crafter goes on the road to raise funds for Mind Charity

John Bloodworth, also known as ‘Gentleman Crafter’, will be setting off on Monday 25th April on a one-man tour of all 92 historic UK counties, crafting with communities along the way in a bid to raise £20,000 in aid of Mind, a UK-based registered mental health charity.

Sponsored by Create and Craft TV, John will live and travel in a motorhome, visiting craft groups, organising workshops and sharing his crafting knowledge, all while promoting Mind.

John (42) has suffered periods of severe depression and anxiety disorder in his life and has found Mind to be a valuable resource in understanding his condition and finding ways to move forward in life.

He said: “A year ago I hit rock-bottom and suffered an extended period where my mental health difficulties began emerging as physical symptoms such as shaking, sweating and being short of breath.”

“Fortunately, I discovered the Mind website and was able to identify why this might be happening and different ways in which I could tackle these issues. I went to my doctor and, after a discussion about the options available, we agreed on a course of action. I was initially prescribed medication which would have the benefit of reducing my overall distress and thereby provide the space in which to seek further support from local talking therapy services. My recovery was then monitored by my GP who recommended adjustments as time progressed.”

Over a period of time, John reached a point where he could look back and understand what had happened to him… and now he wants to reach out and help others.

Read More




Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 237

Thread: Laura Geller TSV - 09/02/14

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Laura Geller TSV - 09/02/14

    There is a Laura Geller TSV on Sunday 9th of February.
    Thanks borednow, sharonk, Beketaten thanked for this post
     

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Woohoo, one day after my birthday. I think I deserve a Geller gift!
    Likes Mibbette , borednow, Marina liked this post
     



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's so close to the last one that it makes me think there won't be a B&B in it otherwise they won't sell much as people have stocked up on B&B in the last TSV in December. I wonder what the new pressed powder is like in the oval compact?



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I haven't used any of the stuff from the last one yet! That was 15/12 so less than 2 months between them. They do seem to be in a bit of a repetitive cycle at the moment, don't they?? Mally, Lulu, Emu etc seem to be on all the time as TSVs, which is fine if you like them...... I wonder if some brands just cannot make enough product for a TSv or if some do not want to do the bargain price that often. Or is the repetition q's choice?

    In case anyone hasn't noticed, there is an LG outlet show on tonight at 11.00. Mind you, they do not seem to give much of a discount in their outlets that I have seem.
     

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I could do with a new B&B, seeing the terracotta in the current one

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I ordered 5 of the last LG TSV, 2 for me and the rest for my sisters. Got charged for 5 but received 1, very disappointing. QVC did say they would refund - I must check that they have done it.

    So , looking forward to the next one, and wouldn't mind BNB. Would love to get a concealer. They had an anniversary special which had a BnB, huge spackle, concealer and kabuki brush at an insane price. Unfortunately I had a break from both the forum and QVC so missed it. I was gutted when I found out!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon-s View Post
    I could do with a new B&B, seeing the terracotta in the current one
    I wouldn't mind getting a spare one either as it's so worthwhile when in a set.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    In case anyone hasn't noticed, there is an LG outlet show on tonight at 11.00. Mind you, they do not seem to give much of a discount in their outlets that I have seem.
    I have checked all online LG and the prices are as I remember them, no outlet prices except 1 or 2 last clicks. Are they going to to do it the very last minute? I didn't think they were that efficient.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laura L'occitane Earle View Post
    I ordered 5 of the last LG TSV, 2 for me and the rest for my sisters. Got charged for 5 but received 1, very disappointing. QVC did say they would refund - I must check that they have done it.

    So , looking forward to the next one, and wouldn't mind BNB. Would love to get a concealer. They had an anniversary special which had a BnB, huge spackle, concealer and kabuki brush at an insane price. Unfortunately I had a break from both the forum and QVC so missed it. I was gutted when I found out!
    That's terrible Laura L'occitane Earle, what a disappointment for you, but I always look on the bright side, one set is better than none at all.
    Thanks Laura L'occitane Earle thanked for this post
     

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
    I have checked all online LG and the prices are as I remember them, no outlet prices except 1 or 2 last clicks. Are they going to to do it the very last minute? I didn't think they were that efficient.
    Have just been online and there are a number of items in the clearance section so I assume these will be the ones.
    Thanks Marina thanked for this post
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hosted by Lodge Information Services Ltd