shame on you, people who hate basso and yet eat meat and wear leather

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BenFonTorres is a TROLL.

They only appear on threads to p*ss off and just love to be in the middle of a fight. If the said fight is going quiet they rush in with another comment to get it going again.

Some of us have been watching this behaviour for awhile and know the routine. Which by now boring and totall predictable.

You're funny and I don't mean,ha ha!

It's BenFongTorres by the way.:)

The personal attacks have to stop or we will have no option but to close the thread!!!!

Please get back to topic, thank you!!!!

The personal attacks have to stop or we will have no option but to close the thread!!!!

Please get back to topic, thank you!!!!

Yes,thank you.

As for me being a troll,nothing could be further from the truth,I contribute to threads as banal as 'what is the best mascara?' and ones like this where I have a strong,firm and unbending position,if people don't like the fact that I fight my corner tenaciously,that is just too ****** bad.Avert your gaze.

I see that Yazrose has started a thread,I would hope those committed to that cause will rally behind her in whichever way you can,I'm all about ACTION,even if I don't believe in your cause.However,ACTION is worthy of respect.

I'm still not really understanding this, I post with no desire to fuel the fighting!! Just wanted to get that established :mysmilie_697:

Surely Dennis Basso buys his furs, he isn't out there skinning animals, alive or otherwise. I explained earlier about the auction houses and the mixed lots so why do certain members here still get so extra upset at him? Am I missing something, does he like to actually skin the animals himself for his goods, only I don't see why he attracts this much anger and has been nicknamed 'butcher Basso'.

Plus QVC are only retailing faux fur items, they are not going to concern themselves with his other activities because they are not illegal.

Plus where do you draw a line, ok, some of you obviously go the whole hog and wont wear leather and avoid any products with animal derivatives ect.....but others, do you research every item, what about a nice designer handbag, I've read many posts along the years where someone has bought a designer bag or shoes, even if you've bought a canvas one, should you have avoided it because the same brand use leather or exotic skins in their higher end items? I believe this is what the OP was getting at?

I'm still not really understanding this, I post with no desire to fuel the fighting!! Just wanted to get that established :mysmilie_697:

Surely Dennis Basso buys his furs, he isn't out there skinning animals, alive or otherwise. I explained earlier about the auction houses and the mixed lots so why do certain members here still get so extra upset at him? Am I missing something, does he like to actually skin the animals himself for his goods, only I don't see why he attracts this much anger and has been nicknamed 'butcher Basso'.

Plus QVC are only retailing faux fur items, they are not going to concern themselves with his other activities because they are not illegal.

Plus where do you draw a line, ok, some of you obviously go the whole hog and wont wear leather and avoid any products with animal derivatives ect.....but others, do you research every item, what about a nice designer handbag, I've read many posts along the years where someone has bought a designer bag or shoes, even if you've bought a canvas one, should you have avoided it because the same brand use leather or exotic skins in their higher end items? I believe this is what the OP was getting at?

Exactly! We do what we can, the best way we can.I don't know the provenance of everything I put in my mouth. Setting aside the pros and cons of consuming animal products, how do you know that some ingredient in your breakfast cereal, for instance, hasn't been tested for safety on animals or that the cereal base hasn't been harvested using slave labour, because most of these things are traded by auction and come from all over the place.I've yet to meet a sick person who has refused treatment on the grounds that animals may have been used to test ingredients in their pills and potions - and they undoubtedly have. What do we do about animals that spread disease, mosquitos, tse-tse flies etc, is it cruel to kill them or are they not cuddly enough to excite our compassion.........
I spend a great deal of my time rescuing and looking after abandoned animals. I also eat meat and wear leather shoes. I make no apology for this, neither do I feel that one thing cancels out the other.
Threads like these are important. They make us think and this is often uncomfortable for us. I have learnt much from them and from links I have been directed to that further my knowledge.No-one should feel browbeaten or uncomfortable for having less strident views, though.

What makes you so sure that humans are more important than animals?
Humans are not at the top of the pecking order, we are at the bottom, if all the bees die we wont have food.

Animals locked in a cage have no voice, they rely on us to be kind to them and show them respect.
Humans have a choice, we either respect each other (which we don't) or we fight and treat each other with utter contempt (which we do).

You make a very point about Haiti, but the powers (humans) there have been fighting and killing each other and treating their people like they don't deserve to be on this planet for.............how many years?

The difference is: We have a choice of how to treat all living creatures, animals make a choice about who they can trust.

Wether you want to belive it or not, humans have and will always be at the bottom of the feeding order.

Beautifully put.

hey BFT i'm sick of all the Ban Basso threads too but what sticks in my throat more is your desire to wind people up and the obvious thrill you're getting from it !!! :confused:

Ahhhhhhh but some of us think we do,been here before have you ? :)

BenFonTorres is a TROLL.

They only appear on threads to p*ss off and just love to be in the middle of a fight. If the said fight is going quiet they rush in with another comment to get it going again.

Some of us have been watching this behaviour for awhile and know the routine. Which by now boring and totall predictable.
Very predictable :rolleyes: and the pathetic attention seeker will get himself banned before too long anyway. Ignore the twat.

You're funny and I don't mean,ha ha!

It's BenFongTorres by the way.:)

So are you in your own way. I don't see you as a troll BFT, more the type stirring a cauldron of something vegan and laughing manically.

I certainly would love to see a banner condemning the foul practices of the fur trade and please remember British research found that some high quality faux furs when analysed contained a percentage of real animal fur.

I would love to see a day when food is produced ethically and no other way.

I would very much love to see countries (China is not alone) that have practices such as sweatshops and even worse coerced if necessary into changing their ways.

Action at grass roots , yes by all means but I really do wish political pressure could be exerted and I am doubtful that will happen unless colossal pressure is applied to what are supposed to be our representatives not our masters.

Very predictable :rolleyes: and the pathetic attention seeker will get himself banned before too long anyway. Ignore the twat.

Yes,you'd love that wouldn't you? unfortunately it's not going to happen,why?because I haven't said anything which crosses the line,the only thing I've done is shine a spotlight on the in-action and incessant hot air,if you don't like that,I'm DELIGHTED.

Lovely language by the way,very UNCOMMON and not at all UNPLEASANT

Joker!

So are you in your own way. I don't see you as a troll BFT, more the type stirring a cauldron of something vegan and laughing manically.

I certainly would love to see a banner condemning the foul practices of the fur trade and please remember British research found that some high quality faux furs when analysed contained a percentage of real animal fur.

I would love to see a day when food is produced ethically and no other way.

I would very much love to see countries (China is not alone) that have practices such as sweatshops and even worse coerced if necessary into changing their ways.

Action at grass roots , yes by all means but I really do wish political pressure could be exerted and I am doubtful that will happen unless colossal pressure is applied to what are supposed to be our representatives not our masters.

Hi Vampy,well I don't see myself as particularly stir-ry,like I said I will ALWAYS,ALWAYS fight to the death and those who don't like it,don't get in the arena with me,seemples.However,if being 'stir-ry' mobilizes people into action then that is a good,I think there is an irony in Yazrose' thread which will not be lost on some......

I co-sign the rest of your post.:)

Last edited:
I can never understand why people think that one kind of cruelty matters and another kind doesn't. Anything which causes pain, distress, or suffering, to any living creature is abhorrent and should be deplored. I have never been able to get my head round the argument that human life is the only life that matters. If a natural disaster of epic proportions occurs, nature doesn't discriminate between one life form and another, they all perish. I'm sure that had the dinosaurs been capable of arrogance, they would have been the most supremely conceited creatures who ever lived for the 150-odd million years they dominated the earth. Don't see many of them around now though, do you? Well, unless you count Jeremy Clarkson and Jim Davidson and a few others. There have been waves of extinction throughout time, and, at some point, human life will become extinct too. I suppose my point is that surely the planet would be a better place to live if we showed even a basic respect to other life forms. I judge countries on how they treat their most vulnerable, and, for me, animals, unable to voice their suffering, will always be a part of that equation of vulnerability, along with, and not exclusive of, the most vulnerable human members of society. I saw for 40 years how my mentally ill brother was treated in a so-called 'civilised' society, and it was not edifying in any way. Suffering is universal and not limited to the dominant life form at the time, and it seems to me that it is somewhat limiting to just focus on one aspect of pain. Frankly, anything, or anyone, struggling and suffering pain and exploitation, is liable to put a crimp in my evening.

Totally agree Yolanda. Suffering ,cruelty and pain imposed on any sentient being is abhorrent to me too and I can't understand how people can be so discriminate in their views. I don't/can't distinguish between animal and human suffering. Just because it tears me apart to see an animal suffering doesn't mean I don't feel exactly the same for a human. How can people compartmentalize pain and say one is worse than the other? Pain is pain. I'm afraid I'm a tad suspicious of people who don't empathise with animals. If you can't feel any living creature's distress there's something lacking.

Perhaps the overwhelming response Yaz got for her request for help to organise a protest says it all about some of the loud mouths on this forum. Yaz I admire your principles and wish you luck.

I can never understand why people think that one kind of cruelty matters and another kind doesn't. Anything which causes pain, distress, or suffering, to any living creature is abhorrent and should be deplored. I have never been able to get my head round the argument that human life is the only life that matters. If a natural disaster of epic proportions occurs, nature doesn't discriminate between one life form and another, they all perish. I'm sure that had the dinosaurs been capable of arrogance, they would have been the most supremely conceited creatures who ever lived for the 150-odd million years they dominated the earth. Don't see many of them around now though, do you? Well, unless you count Jeremy Clarkson and Jim Davidson and a few others. There have been waves of extinction throughout time, and, at some point, human life will become extinct too. I suppose my point is that surely the planet would be a better place to live if we showed even a basic respect to other life forms. I judge countries on how they treat their most vulnerable, and, for me, animals, unable to voice their suffering, will always be a part of that equation of vulnerability, along with, and not exclusive of, the most vulnerable human members of society. I saw for 40 years how my mentally ill brother was treated in a so-called 'civilised' society, and it was not edifying in any way. Suffering is universal and not limited to the dominant life form at the time, and it seems to me that it is somewhat limiting to just focus on one aspect of pain. Frankly, anything, or anyone, struggling and suffering pain and exploitation, is liable to put a crimp in my evening.
Yes,I agree with you to a degree,however the "anything,which causes,distress to any living creature is abhorrent",can't really say I'm on the same page with you there. Why because I kill insects all the time,even though the majority of them are an important part of our ecosystem,I will not hesitate to snuff out their pesky lives,if they are bothering me.
Things like mosquitoes,roaches,midges,...wasps,I just stay out of the way of,however if I had a chance to kill them en masse,I would.
Of course there are things I wouldn't dream of harming,like bees and spiders because they are useful and just doing their thing.So I just do my best to not impede anything they are getting on with,or find some way to usher them outside if it gets too much for me.

I'm mostly anti-fur because the quality of faux is so good,there's actually no need for real and even though I haven't eaten meat for 20 years,I will always buy leather bags and will most likely always buy them,because when you buy one good leather bag,you only have to get one every 10 years.I do like Stella McCartney's vegan shoes though,very stylish,but the majority are out of my price range.
So we all have an acceptable line,I reached mine years ago,it's not going to change much at this juncture.

Perhaps the overwhelming response Yaz got for her request for help to organise a protest says it all about some of the loud mouths on this forum. Yaz I admire your principles and wish you luck.

Co-sign!!:mysmilie_1928:

I wear silk and thank my lucky stars for it as it is so kind to my rotten eczema infested skin but the silk worms haven't exactly got the greatest of existence which I do feel bad about. I have tried the synthetic alternatives (disaster) and do wear plant fibres but for warmth and non irritation the damn silk wins by a country mile :(

Yes,I agree with you to a degree,however the "anything,which causes,distress to any living creature is abhorrent",can't really say I'm on the same page with you there. Why because I kill insects all the time,even though the majority of them are an important part of our ecosystem,I will not hesitate to snuff out their pesky lives,if they are bothering me.
Things like mosquitoes,roaches,midges,...wasps,I just stay out of the way of,however if I had a chance to kill them en masse,I would.
Of course there are things I wouldn't dream of harming,like bees and spiders because they are useful and just doing their thing.So I just do my best to not impede anything they are getting on with,or find some way to usher them outside if it gets too much for me.

I'm mostly anti-fur because the quality of faux is so good,there's actually no need for real and even though I haven't eaten meat for 20 years,I will always buy leather bags and will most likely always buy them,because when you buy one good leather bag,you only have to get one every 10 years.I do like Stella McCartney's vegan shoes though,very stylish,but the majority are out of my price range.
So we all have an acceptable line,I reached mine years ago,it's not going to change much at this juncture.

Well, that's fine, BFT, if that's the way you want to live, it's your call. I'm simply stating how I feel and how I live my life, and I couldn't give the tiniest mouse-sized shite whether people follow my way of thinking or not.

Latest posts

Back