OPI - T Caller - was it Grotbags?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
:D

anyone hear the lovely tcaller Ethel in the OPI hour just now?

She was extolling the virtues of the brand and Ali asked her which colour she was wearing at the moment.

Lovely Ethel paused and said 'erm...it's called Green Witch Village I think...'

Ali and OPI lady smiled gently and said 'ah yes, Greenwich Village...' :D

So there you go, possibly another celeb endorsement - Grotbags wears OPI ;)* .

*(disclaimer - she may actually not, ethel from bristol might actually just have been barmy) :D

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:
grotbags used to scare the living daylights out of me!i used to hide behind the sofa:mysmilie_17:
as a child that is not recently

:D

anyone hear the lovely tcaller Ethel in the OPI hour just now?

She was extolling the virtues of the brand and Ali asked her which colour she was wearing at the moment.

Lovely Ethel paused and said 'erm...it's called Green Witch Village I think...'

Ali and OPI lady smiled gently and said 'ah yes, Greenwich Village...' :D

So there you go, possibly another celeb endorsement - Grotbags wears OPI ;)* .

*(disclaimer - she may actually not, ethel from bristol might actually just have been barmy) :D

You could be onto something there Cavegirl because if memory serves me correctly Grotbags used to wear a green lacquer and Grenwich Village is green. AY just loves a celebrity endorsement as well! x

Who is\was grotbags???

I only saw a tiny fragment of the OPI show last night and they were presenting the Alice In Wonderland collection. AY (who I don't mind as a rule) was absolutely unbearable rambling on about Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter and celeb nail varnish. It was absolutely awful; meaningless drivel in the extreme.

grotbags_381806a-1.jpg

This is Grotbags, Almerinda - stalwart of Rod Hull and Emu programmes during the 80s, I think her make up and nail polish were more Constance Carroll than OPI tho :D ....

Oh lordy!! How on earth did I miss her!!! I remember Rod Hull and loved Emu. Hate to think of him all dusty and alone in a cupboard somewhere now that Rod's gone.....
I remember two witches from the TV of my childhood. The one from "Chorlton and the Wheelies" whose terrifying-ness was diluted a bit by Chorlton referring to her as a "little lady" in a Lancashire accent.
The other was Witchypoo from an American programme called Puffnstuff. Something about a boat and a flute. Loved that but it scared me. Not as much as the "Singing Ringing Tree" though.

This is Grotbags, Almerinda - stalwart of Rod Hull and Emu programmes during the 80s, I think her make up and nail polish were more Constance Carroll than OPI tho :D ....[/QUOTE]

She definately needs to book an appointment with Shavata........actually she reminds me a bit of one of the IW presenters.

Oh lordy!! How on earth did I miss her!!! I remember Rod Hull and loved Emu. Hate to think of him all dusty and alone in a cupboard somewhere now that Rod's gone.....
I remember two witches from the TV of my childhood. The one from "Chorlton and the Wheelies" whose terrifying-ness was diluted a bit by Chorlton referring to her as a "little lady" in a Lancashire accent.
The other was Witchypoo from an American programme called Puffnstuff. Something about a boat and a flute. Loved that but it scared me. Not as much as the "Singing Ringing Tree" though.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I would have thought that Rod Hull would have made a provision in his Will that Emu be buried with him. It would only have been fitting. But then I suppose he did die rather suddenly and accidentally. I've always wondered with Emu was up on the roof with him at the time! - I know I need to get a job, I spend too much time thinking about banal stuff!

I also remember Fenella the witch from Chorlton and the Wheelies. Does anyone else remember Evil Edna the witch from Willow the Wisp?

I see Grotbags favoured black polish rather than green too! x

Rod Hull appeared to be quite psycho and hate emu so I doubt if he wanted his company in the ever after. Joe Lynch did the voice work on Chorlton and Kenneth Williams on willo' thereby proving my theory that good vocal talent is worth its weight in platinum and flawless diamonds.

I think Toby Hull, Rod's son, has Emu now but I haven't seen him on TV for ages.

I remember all the shows mentioned! What about 'Pipkins' with Pig and Hartley ... or 'Rainbow'?! Ahhhh happy days. :mysmilie_17:

I think Toby Hull, Rod's son, has Emu now but I haven't seen him on TV for ages.

I remember all the shows mentioned! What about 'Pipkins' with Pig and Hartley ... or 'Rainbow'?! Ahhhh happy days. :mysmilie_17:

Loved Pipkins in general and loved Geoooooorge from Rainbow. I was really for too old to watch them but I did anyway.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I would have thought that Rod Hull would have made a provision in his Will that Emu be buried with him. It would only have been fitting.

:mysmilie_1848: There are laws against cruetly to animals, and burying one alive, would certainly be illegal as well as immoral:mysmilie_1057:

Thanks goodness he's still alive and being taken care of:mysmilie_697:

Fenella from Chorlton and the Wheelies was the scariest thing ever on TV, I was terrified of her. She still scares me now!

I liked Fenella, well tbh I liked Reilly and Claptrap but those spiker things she used summon were creepy.

The Singing Ringing Tree.

I can recall conversations about this with people who must have thought I was barmy as they denied any knowledge of it. Of course it could have traumatised them more than me so much so that they wiped it from their memories.

I was fascinated to find, however, that there is a whole cult movement about it now and I was so not alone in being scared witless by it. It made such a profound affect on me that even though the name escaped me until I luckily came across it on the internet a few years back that I could quote whole sections of it off by heart. I tracked down a DVD of it recently and sat enthralled at what had terrified me as a kid. That bliddy little troll thing coming out of solid rock was a real terror and the giant fish frozen in the pond, and that darlin white horse buried in the snow........... stuff of nightmares.

As for other witches that were scarey. In my Daughter's day she was completely terrified of Zelda from Terrahawks, and my lovely nephew who now stands 6' 7" once answered the door, my Mum (his gran) had popped next door for 2 mins whilst he was watching tv, and said to the caller. 'Do you know where my Nanny is cos Grotbags is on the telly and she scares me?'

I always think Norris Cole on Corrie sounds a bit like George from rainbow..... I wonder?

Don't watch soaps so I don't know the actor but I know Roy Skelton voiced George from Rainbow. I liked Zippy best, George in a hairnet and curlers just freaked me out.

Don't watch soaps so I don't know the actor but I know Roy Skelton voiced George from Rainbow. I liked Zippy best, George in a hairnet and curlers just freaked me out.

Me too!!!! :mysmilie_696:

Latest posts

Back