Twiggy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh is that her daughter?? I heard it on the radio and it's a really lovely version of "only love can break your heart". I wouldn't have known it was Twiggy until they said. I've seen pictures of her daughter and thought, like her mum, she was a model. Perhaps her daughter is a better singer than her mum. I won't buy the CD buy I might download that track.

I could hardly hear the singing as the voiceover drones on and on. Maybe this is to disguise the singing! Nothing against Twiggy but I'd rather listen to the originals.

I have nothing against people being successful in lots of areas if the talent is there so I agree with OP and BurlyBeaR....Twiggy cannot sing but was an icon of the sixties with her modelling. Not sure why famous people think that if they are good at one thing they must be good at everything they fancy doing.

I could hardly hear the singing as the voiceover drones on and on. Maybe this is to disguise the singing! Nothing against Twiggy but I'd rather listen to the originals.

Me too Ilovelulu. Think Twiggy should stick to what she knows.

Lovely Avatar picture by the way.:sun::happy:

I had no idea that Twiggy sang (or not, as the case may be!). I heard the promo and her voice is not strong at all. How many more would be singers are QVC going to launch on their long suffering customers.

PS. Bubbles looks surprised in your Avatar, did you catch her on the hop? Gorgeous puddy cat!

i can't remember exactly what the voiceover said but it was something like 'twiggy goes back to her roots, music'. since when was that how she started out.......

Thanks Catkins and Itchy! No the father in law took a pic and he timed it perfectly as she'd just had a treat so was licking her lips! I like to think she was actually sticking her tongue out at him as if to say 'Oi no pics of me bud until I've groomed abit!' lol. She's a character is my Bubs!!

I've always liked Twiggy. Even now she looks lovely & I don't think its been done with surgery, fillers etc.

She was a guest on "Something for the Weekend" yesterday, looking lovely and the subject came up. She stated she has had no work done at all but wouldn't rule it out in the future – but not fillers or injections, which she seemed very much against.

She looked fabulous, but it did make me realise just how accustomed we have become to seeing the so-called artificial perfection many others on our screens seem to seek these days.

I liked her in 'The boyfriend' as her somewhat reedy voice seemed to fit the part but must agree she should stick to modelling. I do remember her having her own series on tv years ago, however, in which she had various guests duetting with her so it must have paid off at the time. Still think she looks fab and shows just how great a woman in her early sixties can look without resorting to surgery.

She was a guest on "Something for the Weekend" yesterday, looking lovely and the subject came up. She stated she has had no work done at all but wouldn't rule it out in the future – but not fillers or injections, which she seemed very much against.

She looked fabulous, but it did make me realise just how accustomed we have become to seeing the so-called artificial perfection many others on our screens seem to seek these days.

yes, it seems to have crept up on us over the years. if i watch an old episode or clip of something, i'm always struck by how the actors/presenters had normal teeth - not perfect, capped, even, brilliant white tombstones all in a row. no wonder people are brainwashed into thinking it's normal and how we should all look. i remember seeing a tv show where they were asking young teenagers to pick out in the girl's cases how they wanted to look and in the boys, what they liked. they all picked hard spherical boob jobs when they were shown a series of normal breasts and boob jobs.

I was watching some old film made in the 70's and it really struck me how natural the women looked, (I think it was "Death on the Nile") anyway, they all seemed to have breasts that actually moved and were different sizes and shapes just like in real life. There is a particular "look" now, very fake and plastic I think. Of course stars of stage and screen have had procedures done in times gone by but these days there is an indentikit look of white teeth, hair extensions and boulder like breasts that seems to be seen as the norm.
Anyway good on Twiggy for resisting the pressure to have a bit of work done.

Have just seen the promo for this CD I agree, she looks great, but, Oh dear, unlike her face, the voice definitely needs some work. Stick to what you're good at Twigs.

I see more and more young girls who don't need help and would look naturally beautiful with a "fake" look. Orange fake tan, two inches of make up, painted on brows, two inch long false lashes false nails and hair. Such a shame because no doubt they think they look Fab but I think they look like a pantomime dame. They don't seem to be able to tell the difference between reality and what they see in celebrity magazines.

I saw twiggy on TV yesterday and think she is lovely though not much of a Singer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Actually on second thoughts maybe they don't think they look fab. These girls are given such low self esteem from these mags that they probably just want to cover up what is naturally beautiful

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Some people just dont know when to give up. Its fame at all costs no matter what. The list of 'celebs' fronting skincare ranges is endless, from Lulu to Tess Daly, Twiggy to Linda Lusardi. I've also lost count of the number of has beens that have 'designed' their own jewellery range and faded from sight; and then there are the catalogue fashion endorsements - Colleen, twiggy, lulu, arlene, linda. Like any of them would ACTUALLY use or wear these products. A hand model in today's paper has advertised every brand of hand cream going, and what does she ACTUALLY use - neat almond oil at tuppence a bucket ! Nuff said !

Now I like Twiggy and don't mind her voice at all but I've just seen that one of the tracks on her new album is Janis Ian's classic 'At Seventeen'. I love this song and it helped me through my lonely and acne prone teens. "And those of us with ravaged faces lacking in the social graces"....can't think of anyone less suited to singing this than the naturally beautiful Twigs. She has clearly never known what it's like to be fat and spotty with braces and glasses. Leave some songs for the ugly ducklings please.

I loved that song too [and valentines that never came ]fortunately schooldays don't last forever and we grow up and discover make up.The power of make up is not to be underestimated, just look at Stephanie and Lorraine in the jungle without theirs.

Latest posts

Back