Is Diet Chef worth the money

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I suffer with an upset stomach because of drug side effects so juice is pretty much off limits. Its too much to drink in any quantity. I have to watch my fruit and veg intake and avoid dairy as it makes things worse.

And just drinking water for the rest of my natural is too boring to be true.
I'm very sorry to hear this Tinkerbelle, my friend also has to watch her fruit and veg due to stomach sensitivity so I do understand what you mean.

Last edited:
Were you drinking the caffeinated stuff. I gave that up years ago and swapped to the caffeine free and I will say giving up the caffeine was a real revelation. I felt so ****** awful for a few days. I hadn't realised what a caffeine does to your system.

Janie I do drink more than the odd one but I've cut right down. Giving it up altogether though is just dire. I drink a lot of water either on its own or diluted slightly with squash. I drink soda and lime occasionally as a treat lol.

It was just the normal silver label stuff so yes I think it's got caffeine in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothpaste/Aspartame

I watch out for aspartame too. Switched to Weleda toothpaste as others had A/SLS/sorbitol, & my lips/mouth were tingling/swollen. I'm another who drinks water (no caffeine/dairy/juices) Tinkerbelle, but I also drink diluted BottledCarrotJuice. 200 calories/bottle (Eden;Tesco/£2). DietChef affected my LowBloodSugar; I found the meals too spicy. I'd be ecstatic to be the weight that at 21, I thought was f-a-t!

I'm very sorry to hear this Tinkerbelle, my friend also has to watch her fruit and veg due to stomach sensitivity so I do understand what you mean.

i agree - it's hard enough without any added complications.

I watch out for aspartame too. Switched to Weleda toothpaste as others had A/SLS/sorbitol, & my lips/mouth were tingling/swollen. I'm another who drinks water (no caffeine/dairy/juices) Tinkerbelle, but I also drink diluted BottledCarrotJuice. 200 calories/bottle (Eden;Tesco/£2). DietChef affected my LowBloodSugar; I found the meals too spicy. I'd be ecstatic to be the weight that at 21, I thought was f-a-t!

Dairy is a NoNo for me too as it upsets my tummy. Gutted as I am a cheese fiend!

i've never seen it snarly - is it chilled? long life?

I also have a problem with fruit which is a pain but i can tolerate it in a smoothie. For those who can't tolerate dairy or fruit you can make it with soya products.
I'm not making any medical claims but it works for me

I also have a problem with fruit which is a pain but i can tolerate it in a smoothie. For those who can't tolerate dairy or fruit you can make it with soya products.
I'm not making any medical claims but it works for me

I've never tried soya. Is it ok tasting? I always imagine it to be gritty with a funny after taste.

I've never tried soya. Is it ok tasting? I always imagine it to be gritty with a funny after taste.

i don't have a dairy intolerance so i don't know sorry. I was just suggesting it to help those who might want to use it in a smoothie.

I started to lose weight once I watched my portion size, using a smaller plate really does work. I have lost 36 lb it's took me a long time but I am happy with my weight now. I will never be a size 10 or 12 but am now a size 14 and I can manage my weight more comfortably now. Hope this helps. :mysmilie_520:

Another vote for slimming world - I joined in January this year and have so far lost 5st 8lbs... I had piled the weight on because of the steroids when I was on chemo and then a stone a year because of the life long hormone treatment I have to take... It was getting crazy - I had got up to 17 stone and at this rate was going to end up having other health problems from my weight... I made a snap decision in Jan to join Sw and was at my first class half an hour later... It really is a great plan.

Mine do the "gym prescription" thing and have given me one twice. What they don't realise is my anxiety and social phobia prevent me from leaving the house ( apart from a stay in the hospital I haven't been out in 6 weeks) so while I would love to join these groups and go to the gym at the moment it is impossible for me. So I have started just swapping little things I like. The diet coke for example. And rather than pigging out on a packet of hobnobs I have a couple. Little things.

You may want to consider getting a piece of gym equipment to use at home, they're really reasonable on ebay & amazon. I'd say not to purchase the ones from IW as they are much more than I paid & not as robust. It may be one way you can start a regime without the pressure of haiving to go out to a gym. Personally speaking, I'd have felt very self conscious if I'd gone to a gym at the begining but everyone's different. I couldn't have got into fitness at all had it not been for working out in the privacy of my own home so I can appreciate how you feel x.

Sparkles26-soya ice cream is delish. HealthFoodStore or Tesco. In a black, 6-sided container; can't remember the name. Glace, maybe? Vanilla's great, Chocolate's divine and Strawberry's next on my AtTheTroughDay! lol Janie-CarrotJuice available at HealthStore but Tesco's almost half-price. By water/juices/V-8. Cold pressed pasteurised carrot juice, organically grown carrots. OrganicSoilAssociationLogo. 750ml. 100ml=28cal. Bottle I just finished, had BestBeforeDate 10.2014. Refridge after opening. I chill before opening though. I know fresh is better, but given my Health, I don't have the energy to stand&juice, let alone wash&dry a dang machine every day. So, TescoManInUniform delivers. :heart:

I was warned by doctor that these pills would make me pile on wieght and fast, least I had warning and a choice but they have made me better so I will just have to try and watch my diet. Thanks for all the tips. May come in handy. Im also on Zolpidem sleeping tablets and Diazepam as and when, not sure if they contribute to weight.

I am just waiting for the 'new year, new you' which no doubt will be headed by Alison in hyper screeching and lecturing mode!

I was warned by doctor that these pills would make me pile on wieght and fast, least I had warning and a choice but they have made me better so I will just have to try and watch my diet. Thanks for all the tips. May come in handy. Im also on Zolpidem sleeping tablets and Diazepam as and when, not sure if they contribute to weight.

I am just waiting for the 'new year, new you' which no doubt will be headed by Alison in hyper screeching and lecturing mode!

My mirtazipine has increased my appetite something rotten!

Yes Iv had that Mirtazapine too, now Im on Pregabalin which is the main thing that has increased my appetite and what with a bit of comfort eating, well it needs taking in check.

Are QVC concerned at the poor reviews from customers?

Another vote for slimming world - I joined in January this year and have so far lost 5st 8lbs... I had piled the weight on because of the steroids when I was on chemo and then a stone a year because of the life long hormone treatment I have to take... It was getting crazy - I had got up to 17 stone and at this rate was going to end up having other health problems from my weight... I made a snap decision in Jan to join Sw and was at my first class half an hour later... It really is a great plan.

yep, it was high dose hormones for several years that did it to me. my gp didn't warn me so i didn't put 2 and 2 together until a friend said the same happened to her. when i mentioned it to my gp he said 'oh yeah most people don't like taking it because of the weight gain. what it does is lay down fat so now you have to diet it off'. gee thanks.....

Latest posts

Back