Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was only half listening so can't say for sure but Peter was saying the stock of the deal of the day was selling fast then paused and said I have to retract that, I've retracted, the women with him laughed and he said well that's what its like these days

Also noticed Sally mentioning the p&p a lot tonight and also you can multibuy but its p&p per item

Peter was just saying 'you need to get on the phones now, the stock is running out quite quickly' when flogging the pick of the day. All of a sudden he said he had to retract that and instead said 'you need to be on as quickly as you can'. Then he shrugged his shoulders and said 'thats how it is these days'.

You bet that's how it is these days Peter ha ha.

Last edited:
I was only half listening so can't say for sure but Peter was saying the stock of the deal of the day was selling fast then paused and said I have to retract that, I've retracted, the women with him laughed and he said well that's what its like these days

Also noticed Sally mentioning the p&p a lot tonight and also you can multibuy but its p&p per item

I must have been typing at the same time as you!

Peter was just saying 'you need to get on the phones now the stock is running out quite quickly' when flogging the pick of the day. All of a sudden he said he had to retract that and instead said 'you need to be on as quickly as you can'. Then he shrugged his shoulders and said 'thats how it is these days'.

You bet that's how it is Peter ha ha.

Thanks for the actual quotes, I was only half listening at the time :)

I'm getting crosser and crosser with Peter Simon
What makes him exempt from ASA rulings? He has hardly mentioned P&P or phone call charges tonight (I've only heard it once)
Other presenters are making the effort to improve standards so credit where it's due, but he is letting them all down
Ooh I'm that cross I could crush a grape!!

He's selling a bag that's got "almost butterfly wings that are not only etreeeemley delightful but what you've got is extrooor....papal purple that enlines the very edges..." The rest of the scentence mumbled away.
Looks hideous! Then came the old chestnut "How much would you expect to pay?? £145, £130, £125??" Errr I was thinking more a tenner, ok possibly 15 quid :thinking:

Oh old chestnut no 2..."4 tenners, plus p....." Couldn't quite say the p&p charge, now I wonder why? Not exactly a tongue twister is it P&P!

Last edited:
He's selling a bag that's got "almost butterfly wings that are not only etreeeemley delightful but what you've got is extrooor....papal purple that enlines the very edges..." The rest of the scentence mumbled away.
Looks hideous! Then came the old chestnut "How much would you expect to pay?? £145, £130, £125??" Errr I was thinking more a tenner, ok possibly 15 quid :thinking:

Oh old chestnut no 2..."4 tenners, plus p....." Couldn't quite say the p&p charge, now I wonder why? Not exactly a tongue twister is it P&P!

You are quite right Nikki about Peter Simon and his reluctance, inability or whatever to mention P+P.

But one way or another he is going to toe the line, the proof is there that he isn't so he clearly needs a friendly reminder. But to be honest with you it's nothing compared to some of the things I have witnessed over the last week.

And I agree with you about the handbag. £145? More like £14.50, at a stretch :grin:

Last edited:
simon is the worse for charges

must say steve mcdonald on bid now is making a very good effort to match him though

mentioned p + p once in the last hour

Steve Mcdonald is allowed to not mention p&p because he is my favourite presenter and he is from Wirral70's neck of the woods :smirk:

Incidentally how come Steve always wears a suit when he's on Bid and never when he 's on price drop.

Steve Mcdonald is allowed to not mention p&p because he is my favourite presenter and he is from Wirral70's neck of the woods :smirk:

Incidentally how come Steve always wears a suit when he's on Bid and never when he 's on price drop.

I think the differing dress codes is to reinforce that Bid is the premium, top quality Sit Up channel.

Lord knows what that makes Price Drop.

Wirral,
have to ask, who was the man in your other avatar pic that was on your profile last night? Loked like the sit up set, (I think)? Just curious....We're nosey like that lol.:thinking:

Wirral,
have to ask, who was the man in your other avatar pic that was on your profile last night? Loked like the sit up set, (I think)? Just curious....We're nosey like that lol.:thinking:

It was some really creepy old man, deliberately talking with his mouth full and spitting out the food.

Any idea who I mean?

It was some really creepy old man, deliberately talking with his mouth full and spitting out the food.

Any idea who I mean?
Errr...hmmmm.....possibly the very same as the name of this thread me thinks :wink: Cheers Wirral it's all clear as crystal now.

Errr...hmmmm.....possibly the very same as the name of this thread me thinks :wink: Cheers Wirral it's all clear as crystal now.

You got it Nikki.

I must say it was wonderful to see Peter have to withdraw another load of BS last night, his reaction to being pulled up yet again live on air was simply delicious.

He didn't like it one bit. Never mind Peter, suck it up!

He's still a conman thru & thru tho' even with the"pull ups" imo eh.
He knows exactly what he's doing and conveniently mumbles or stammers at the p&p bit. He did when I saw him for a few mins last nite anyway.
Hey, they could always change their brand name from "Sit Up TV" to Pull Up TV. Far more apt :mysmilie_61:

He's still a conman thru & thru tho' even with the"pull ups" imo eh.
He knows exactly what he's doing and conveniently mumbles or stammers at the p&p bit. He did when I saw him for a few mins last nite anyway.
Hey, they could always change their brand name from "Sit Up TV" to Pull Up TV. Far more apt :mysmilie_61:

I know Peter Simon comes out with some terrible things and I agree he is a real 'performer' but there are a few others on my radar right now that I haven't took much notice of before.

It's high time they were pulled too, Frank Birkett's performance on Friday afternoon was utterly astonishing.

I'd prefer Shut Down TV to Sit Up TV :happy:

St Peter Simon selling the ladies mock croc navy bag....
he started off by saying it was rhumatic (????) and then of course we had the obligatory designer name tourettes
say in' THIS IS NOT A CHLOE... THIS IS NOT A CHLOE' (yes we can ****** well tell its not a chloe)
'there are many big designers, mischa, stella, alexander, sarah, all of those names that you have a connotation
with nicky row (???) inspired and created to turn a LADIED (?) and a gent who has sat there and you look at a
piece of leather and the only words are exquisite and design tastes and style'
'there is no pulpage (?) on this leather, there is no white residue'
(wot the hell is that? yuk)'the zip just glides across the BLAG' (think thats bag peter) ' the colour, the taste, the look,
its glamorous its exquisite its a really dramatic piece of leather, the leather is supreme, the design it comes no better,
the fusion'
WOT A LOAD OF OLD COBBLERS, THE TASTE, DOES HE GO ROUND LONDON RANDOMLY LICKING LADIES HANDBAGS FOR
THE DELICIOUS TASTE ON THE TUBE?

I'm getting crosser and crosser with Peter Simon
What makes him exempt from ASA rulings? He has hardly mentioned P&P or phone call charges tonight (I've only heard it once)
Other presenters are making the effort to improve standards so credit where it's due, but he is letting them all down
Ooh I'm that cross I could crush a grape!!

the crafty old bugger, if you listen he says the price 'plus the p' and does the old 'cut the sentance off'

Peter also said that stephen gayford found the leopard he painted 'in a deep BOSH)
wot the ell is one of those?

Latest posts

Back