Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Price Drop is where it's at for me now. Shop at Bid is as dead as a dodo.

I just love the utterly desperate, totally feigned enthusiasm from the goons.

It delights me :mysmilie_59:

Price Drop presenters now have to work twice as hard compared to before so it's karma for all the lies they've told (now and in the past) :mysmilie_59:

And it says something that Ideal World now seems positively exciting when compared to the comatose Shop at Bid.

Price Drop presenters now have to work twice as hard compared to before so it's karma for all the lies they've told (now and in the past) :mysmilie_59:

And it says something that Ideal World now seems positively exciting when compared to the comatose Shop at Bid.

Shop At Bid is as stimulating as a 'Wiltshere Farm Foods' advert, the one with Ronnie Corbett.

Meanwhile Price Drop is so appalling it's a must see. Unfortunately it's not a must buy.

So enjoy it while it lasts. I can say, with some confidence, that it's future is looking rather unstable :mysmilie_59:

Shop At Bid is as stimulating as a 'Wiltshere Farm Foods' advert, the one with Ronnie Corbett.

Meanwhile Price Drop is so appalling it's a must see. Unfortunately it's not a must buy.

So enjoy it while it lasts. I can say, with some confidence, that it's future is looking rather unstable :mysmilie_59:

I'm sure this formats life will be days rather than weeks or months so as a result I've been recording it in full from the start of the all new price drop as its something I've never seen before and probably never will again

The final few days of price drop? or another all new price drop launching sometime next week with another final final final final final final roll of the dice?

Could they possibly surprise us and find another way to sell even less or do we think we have hit rock bottom this time?

I'm sure this formats life will be days rather than weeks or months so as a result I've been recording it in full from the start of the all new price drop as its something I've never seen before and probably never will again

The final few days of price drop? or another all new price drop launching sometime next week with another final final final final final final roll of the dice?

Could they possibly surprise us and find another way to sell even less or do we think we have hit rock bottom this time?

It doesn't help matters, difficult as they are now, that loads of people seem unable to view PD unless they buy a HD box.

Personally I would rush out and buy one :mysmilie_50: but I think I'm in the minority. Maybe an opportunity for SAB to try and get some in and sell them?

They'll come up with another 'brilliant' idea when it's gets pulled.

Sit-Up remind me of ITV with their breakfast licence. GMTV failed, Daybreak failed. And now they're apparently bringing back Good Morning Britain so it's gone full circle back to TV-am.

It's a novel idea I know but why don't Sit-Up just try doing what they used to do before those German shysters took control and have some fun and sell some decent products, usually at acceptable if not amazingly low prices?

What I don't understand is why have they made shop at bid end at midnight on freeview but keep the now dying price drop on until 1:30

I've not watched any bid for a week and I'm missing hearing Peter Simon tell me he loves me at the end of his late night shifts :p

But in all seriousness I see no point watching him if he's going to go off at midnight and I either have to watch online or not at all, If I'm watching late at night I always stay until they pull the shutters down and tell us to go away at 1:30am

What I don't understand is why have they made shop at bid end at midnight on freeview but keep the now dying price drop on until 1:30

I've not watched any bid for a week and I'm missing hearing Peter Simon tell me he loves me at the end of his late night shifts :p

But in all seriousness I see no point watching him if he's going to go off at midnight and I either have to watch online or not at all, If I'm watching late at night I always stay until they pull the shutters down and tell us to go away at 1:30am

I'd guess it's just that those were the hours offered by the Multiplex operator, I doubt Sit-Up were in any position to be making demands.

It would seem CBS Reality hoovered up the prime DTT capacity once used by Price Drop, i'm sure they'll pay the bill :mysmilie_59:

They'll come up with another 'brilliant' idea when it's gets pulled.

Sit-Up remind me of ITV with their breakfast licence. GMTV failed, Daybreak failed. And now they're apparently bringing back Good Morning Britain so it's gone full circle back to TV-am.

It's a novel idea I know but why don't Sit-Up just try doing what they used to do before those German shysters took control and have some fun and sell some decent products, usually at acceptable if not amazingly low prices?

Good point they should go back to how it all started and build from there, I remember channel flicking 1 day and I came across this shopping channel, it seemed fun and I was hooked, I saw a gemstone globe go for £1 and £1 Megadrop was born, I was a fan of the globes as soon as I saw them and I can say now that I got about 20 different ones during my time of watching the channels, from the larger of the lapis to the smaller of the chocolate paying between £1 and £150 each

There was a real excitement at the time with presenters and assistants having a lot of fun, reading out viewers best buys and other emails about the channel and items they bought, wanted to buy or had a question about something

The megadrops at the start were very good

A friend then told me about bid but I was always a price drop person, I watched Peter Simon and quickly got hooked, I still stayed with price drop 90% of the time but never missed a Pete shift, especially the Monday club with him and our Sof - over the years I drifted over to the orange side as the 2 channels were pretty much the same

over years the fun was lost, the lies increased, the prices got worse, the delivery got worse, the service got worse, they started barring people who got more than 1 megadrop in a week, they did these horrible credit offers that were pretty impossible to spend

They went from selling up to 1,000 of something in a few minutes to struggling to sell 10 torches at 1p

I think they should go back to the start and try again as none of these new ideas are working and day by day more and more people are saying bye bye

I'd guess it's just that those were the hours offered by the Multiplex operator, I doubt Sit-Up were in any position to be making demands.

It would seem CBS Reality hoovered up the prime DTT capacity once used by Price Drop, i'm sure they'll pay the bill :mysmilie_59:

Can they not just switch which multiplex each channel broadcasts on though?

I don't really know Mega, from what I can gather the capacity used by Price Drop is on an entirely different Multiplex to that used by Bid, hence why it's only available in some areas and to HD viewers.

Somebody far more technically minded than me would know better, I don't watch via Freeview.

I don't really know Mega, from what I can gather the capacity used by Price Drop is on an entirely different Multiplex to that used by Bid, hence why it's only available in some areas and to HD viewers.

Somebody far more technically minded than me would know better, I don't watch via Freeview.

I wouldn't think it was too difficult for them to say lets swap the channels over so the flagship channel remains on Freeview until 1:30 whilst our dying channel ends at midnight

I just don't see the logic so now they alienate bid viewers who can't watch until the end of the night and they alienate price drop viewers by not letting them buy 90% of the items offered.

The mutiplex used by Price Drop is only available to Freeview viewers in certain areas who can also receive HD channels, so that's basically a subset of a subset compared to the many more potential viewers/customers for Shop at Bid. Plus the hours available on each multiplex are also dictated by who has already bought time (and for how much); those with deeper pockets can afford to buy more time on an outlet that's available to more viewers, so a near-bankrupt Sit-up can only afford to buy a slot on a multiplex that has less than half the available audience of Shop at Bid (though more time's available to them there).

When/if Price Drop fails, the next thing they could try is bringing back Speed Auction (rising prices, place your bid from £1 upwards) but with a secret reserve price; perhaps a bit more honest and potentially more exciting to watch.

The mutiplex used by Price Drop is only available to Freeview viewers in certain areas who can also receive HD channels, so that's basically a subset of a subset compared to the many more potential viewers/customers for Shop at Bid. Plus the hours available on each multiplex are also dictated by who has already bought time (and for how much); those with deeper pockets can afford to buy more time on an outlet that's available to more viewers, so a near-bankrupt Sit-up can only afford to buy a slot on a multiplex that has less than half the available audience of Shop at Bid (though more time's available to them there).

When/if Price Drop fails, the next thing they could try is bringing back Speed Auction (rising prices, place your bid from £1 upwards) but with a secret reserve price; perhaps a bit more honest and potentially more exciting to watch.

I was not aware that anyone couldn't get HD channels these days so thanks for that and your explanation

I wonder if there's anyway they can monetize the complete hideousness of certain presenters such as Mike Mason? I'm sure i'm not alone in disliking this repulsive creature as much as I do.

Could we see a kind of dunking chamber, say 30p a call to lower him a centimetre closer to his Landlady's ashtray? Or perhaps a virtual set of stocks, a call gives you one of Waynetta's Fungus Socks for a producer to chuck at his shifty mush?

It's gotta be better than selling nothing, I think it's got legs.

Now Lisa B has not just any old bag, its a Marla London at ome, A MAARRRRRRLAAAAAA, Not only in the deliciousness of the chocolates, not only with the quilted grab bag, not only with the cross body strap, not only will it leave us in the next 48 hours, not only with the Marla London name plate, not only with the contrast lining

£55
5 available

£30 - no interest

£19.99 - no interest and BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME WAHHHHH WAHHHHHH WAHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH

Galloway marl fleece jacket, not only in the grey, not only in the black, Not only is it in the xl so 20/22, not only is it £9.99 yes £9.99 p&p :O

£55
8 available

2 gone at £55 :O

No more interest down to £31

£29.99 - BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME wahhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lisa is reading out some tweets

someone asked Lisa when she is going back on nights...I'm staying on days as I love it, look at the stuff I get, I get Galloway

Someone said they love the new price drop and Lisa said so do I its so exciting isn't it? like a gameshow and bargains all shoved in a pot

next up now I love this don't you eh at ome its the latest of the designers of 2014, Our Tommy and Our Kate, Not only is this a cardigan, not only in the black, not only in the gold, not only in the large in the 20/22, not only in the metallic thread and not only with the larger of the zips and not only with 1 not only with 2, not only with 3 but not only with 4 of the larger of the pockets

£26
9 available

I only have 9 of these and i'm pretty good at gauging what will go quick and what will take longer

1 in at £26 - Lisa suggests the guy who bought it might get some for buying it lol

2 in at £13.35

plunges to £12.49 - 6 gone

2 left

1 left

SOLD WE HAVE A WINNNNNNNNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lisa Brash has absolutely so self awareness does she? She just said that she never gossips about her workmates, never talks about them behind their backs.

We know Lisa, you're far too busy talking about yourself :mysmilie_59:

Lisa just said she hasn't had Botox and Fillers in ages and just uses the Snake Serum now.

I'm glad she's cleared that up.

Latest posts

Back