Rob Locke ex QVC Presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember watching him on QVC and he always told the same story of how years ago he was destitute, living in a disgusting squat and eating cold beans out of the tin to survive - until he magically discovered a Tony Robbins book which changed his life forever!

So you know what to do then Rob, find that book!!!

Perhaps he should consider a real job as I'm sure there must be some sort of work available eg. Waiting tables, bar work or even shelf filling in Walmart. Surely anything is better than begging. Perhaps his wife got fed up of supporting him in his quest for fame.

I don't know the full circumstances of his situation but from what I do know I can't help but agree with Betty. If he's going through a bad patch why doesn't he take a labouring job. I'm sure there's something he can do. He seems to be putting himself into the mindset of a victim which usually turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy. From what I recall in years past he has been very public about his separations etc. Personally I would keep such things to myself, but maybe he is seeking validation in some way.
I don't see how donating money to him will really help in the longer term if he is not prepared to help himself. I think if he were faced with starvation he would HAVE to go and work. The fact he's taking the approach he is indicates that things are not as bad as he might have us believe. He could possibly be suffering from depression or another mental illness of course. I hope he finds the strength to get through this thorny wood without demeaning himself publicly. Perhaps some humility might be a good thing.

I remember him on QVC, can't say he was one of my favourites. A sad state of affairs for him, hopefully he is able to find some kind of resolution as begging in this manner seems quite extreme.

Feel sorry for his son. But if he's that hard up why not take any job or a couple of jobs just to get money coming in. I'm sure he use to be a member here back in the day. There always seemed to be some bother involving Rob Locke l seem to recall. I'm afraid l didn't take to him as a presenter. Maybe someone should tweet DF then she could help him out with a few quid from the sale of her numerous books.

He seems to have achieved quite a lot over the years, but he has chosen a career that is notoriously unstable, plus he played a part in bringing a child into the world. If things are so bad, how is it that he has custody of an 11 year old? I think Rob Locke should accept that he might have to take other work to get by, realising that it is a necessary evil and not his biggest iron in the fire.

A lot of sense talked on this thread. After he left QVC UK he did have a website and it was all sunshine and roses how he was doing. Voice overs for ads(which strangely actually pays a lot more money than straight TV work it seems. Hence all the actors doing it), working with Paul McKenna when he moved to the US. Paul is now a multi millionaire, no idea what happened between Paul and Rob but it looks like he was dropped.

My main memory of him is when his then girlfriend dumped him and it was whine whine whine when he was presenting, I actually think he started crying at one point(but don't take that at the gospel, but I swear he did), of course he got the oh poor Rob letters and cards even mentioning them on air. Bet he would never get away with that in today's QVC. Also at point he got very nasty over shoppingtelly over something or other he didn't like. He did always come across as its all about me,me,me,me,me,me,me!

There are jobs in the US, low paid yes but jobs, washing cars, waiting tables even washing dishes, or working in a store packing. If his son was going to a paid school, there are public free schools not as good, but he will still be getting his education.

Has anyone read the comments of those who have given???

One lady give $20 and left this comment:

I wish it could be more but I am disabled retired and live on a fixed income.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! A retired disabled woman giving this unless nasty ass wipe money and saying sorry as she could not give more!!!!!

Oh and if you leave comments about him getting off his fat arse and working he deletes pretty quickly. Or go to his Facebook page he will block you very quickly!

What about the picture of him and his son hugging with their eyes closed, are we supposed to feel sorry for them.
Gofundme should be Gofindajob.

He was on a lot in the early hours usually doing jewellery shows and like Donna says, he used to go on and on about his girlfriend(s) dumping him. From what I can remember he liked dark-skinned beauties (llooks like he eventually found and married one looking at his son). I remember he was very bitter about his last girlfriend before leaving QVC - he told us that he had used his contacts and paid a lot of money for her to have a professional model portfolio done and as soon as it was done she left him!

Can't remember if this was before or after the dramatic weight loss, but viewers used to call in telling him how fantastic he looked and asking for a date, I'm sure he went on a date with a viewer's sister after she called in. It was all quite entertaining really, my daughter and I used to laugh at his nicotine-stained fingers when presenting jewellery and the fact that he had a chronic smokers cough and they were always cutting out the sound because he had coughing fits and had to get a glass of water. :mysmilie_17:

Only $10 to go before he's got $1,000!!

I vaguely remember him from the old days and didn't take to him then, but how embarrassing for his mother and his son in later life to read about this, although he seems to have no shame. Get a life, get a job, Rob. Any old job. Where's your pride? I've worked for everything I've got and wouldn't have it any other way.

I vaguely remember him from the old days and didn't take to him then, but how embarrassing for his mother and his son in later life to read about this, although he seems to have no shame. Get a life, get a job, Rob. Any old job. Where's your pride? I've worked for everything I've got and wouldn't have it any other way.

Actually he said he was very ashamed and embarrassed. Its very easy to be judgemental about someones misfortune and I do think that when someone is desperate they do desperate things which under normal circumstances they wouldnt do.

Julius - He obviously doesn't have custody of his son as he only mentions himself "if I can keep a roof over my head" and "I managed to wrangle my way into sharing an apartment".

Not sure what to make of this tbh, Never heard of him before and my initial thought was cheeky sod asking for money untill he finds another acting job. I think using his son is pretty shameless, i hope none of his friends see that as he wont live it down. Reminds me of some of the beggars on the streets , having a poor dog with them to encourage people to give money.

I guess what i don't understand , surely people would have more respect for him , if he had done a plea for somewhere to stay , offer to help out around the house , odd jobs etc, asking directly for money , and having a goal doesn't sit right with me.

I notice there is no mention of repaying the money once hes back on his feet either.

I think he is a scammer and would not give him the time of day. How anyone can fall for his sob story I don't know. I worked from the age of 15 to 60 and did numerous jobs from cleaning offices to working noisy machinery in a textile factory although most of my working life was in retail but when my children were babies I did any job that had hours to fit in with husbands job. Get off your backside Rob Locke and work for a living.

maybe he should ask QVC US for a job... or email the link to that website to his old Q UK colleagues.
shame, but i'm not "donating" either.

It's easy to say you're embarrassed, but if it was really that embarrassing he wouldn't do it, unless he is totally shameless. There are much more worthy people who need the money more but who have more pride than this scrounger.

Judgemental we are - both when we condemn and when we condone. They're both judgements.

Sorry, I never realised there were so many mugs out there! I have been almost destitute in the past, with a young baby to care for. I did not
ask for help from anyone. I made it under my own steam. So should he!

Oh Gosh this is a surprising thread! I am 'old school' regarding the QVC viewer, and I absolutely remember the time he was completely heartbroken when he split from his girlfriend in UK, but Rob seemed to bounce back, adopting the Anthony Robbins mind set, 'walk/stand tall like you're wearing a cloak' and all that. Lost weight, looked great (and still does)

I spoke to Rob live on air during his very last presentation on QVC UK before being given a QVC bottle of bubbly, before he went stateside.... its unfortunate it hasn't worked out as planned.

Regarding the plea for help website... not sure if this is the best way to go, surely he must have family/friends in UK who would quite happily put him up, whilst he decides best course of action (even if it means creating closure in USA) - but I guess it is now his beautiful son that ties him there, after all I'm sure if Rob gives up USA, he would have to also give up being with his son.

Come back to UK Rob, if only for one month, as a 'holiday'. You never know, British fate may give a helping hand! I would have no probs helping the fund, but I personally would like to ask a heap of Q's before I decided to make a decent financial donation

Sincere good luck to you Rob, you were a true asset to QVC UK, and I'm sure could possibly be in the future :eek:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back