Liz Earle TSV 28/5/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes Ani, don't like the changes either, if it involves moving higher quality ingredients further down the list! Here are the ingredients changes to Superskin Original - as it first was, then changes, and then further changes:

Aqua (water), Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl stearate, Rosa rubiginosa (rosehip) seed oil, *Dicapryl carbonate, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Borago officinalis (borage)seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Glyceryl stearate, *Pentaerythirityl distearate, Punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit extract, Xanthan gum, **Sodium stearoylglutamate, Sodium polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

Aqua (water), Glycerin, Ethylhexyl stearate, Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Rosa canina fruit oil, *Dicaprylyl carbonate, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Borago officinalis seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), *Pentaerythrityl distearate, Glyceryl stearate, Punica granatum fruit extract, Xanthan gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium polyacrylate, **Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

Aqua (water), Glycerin, Ethylhexyl stearate, Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Diheptyl succinate, Rosa rubiginosa seed oil, Borago officinalis seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Pentaerythrityl distearate, Glyceryl stearate, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Punica granatum flower extract, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Citronellyl methylcrotonate, Sodium polyacrylate, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzoic acid, Xanthan gum, Dehydroacetic acid, Alcohol, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Citric acid.

*Spelling difference as on packaging.
**Spelling as two words, then as three words on packaging.

Wow, that is, the ingredients have already changed twice! I have checked on the Superskin Moisturiser I am going to start using tonight and it is still the original, first formula, had been part of a TSV and I think it is from 2014? Anyway, it is my last Superskin Moisturiser and I don't know whether I want to try the new one or not. We'll see. Depends on the other parts of the upcoming TSV I think.;-)

Thanks Ani. I'm just finishing a jar of the first formula, and have another in reserve which is the second formula. I got the third formula list of ingredients from the LE website. - and I have to hand it to them, at least they do provide a full list of ingredients online, unlike so many other companies (other than 'natural' companies, who always tend to provide ingredients lists). I have a bit of a bugbear about cosmetics ingredients lists: I think they should be freely available along with the other information given about the product.; I'm not against all synthetics, and I'm not in favour of some 'natural' ingredients either: let the customer decide for themselves instead of having to chase it up so much! I'm with you on the superskin really: not sure if I want to try the new one or not, and will await the upcoming tsv!

I'm very keen to find out he contents on this as technically they can call it a super skin TSV with only a super skin moisturiser, and 3 standard products if you know what I mean
Depending on the contents of this I may cancel my second AlphaH drop
Hx

I don't like the superskin stuff - too heavy for me. I do like the toner, handwash and orange smelling body wash though. The bathroom always smells lovely after it's been used.

Beauty speak:

Improved = We have used cheaper ingredients and moved the expensive one down so use less of them.

Reformulated = We are using cheaper ingredients to make more profit from said product.

Yep I've posted numerous times on LE facebook about ingredients changes as it really annoys me, I think Avon left the brand alone quite a bit but since its been in the hand of Boots Walmart they've really stepped things up a bit and are very focussed on selling and fragrance adding.

C+P def changed I can't use it now and I think they are looking to potentially look at the formulation hopefully. RE superskin original I used it one and off since it launched in September 2007. It was great for me a refreshing list of good quality ingredients high up the list and really unusual to. I didn't care what it smelt like with my reactive ski to find something reliable that fit with my desire to use cruelty free and near to fully natural I as very impressed. It changed once as stated beore and was OK but then the last change is a step too far and what has meant I can't use anymore. It is if you look at the neroil cream the same formula without the fragrance added and a lovely fragrance deodoriser because commercially they want it to sell and I believe don't really care about those with highly reactive skin like me anymore, hence discontinuing superskin eye and lip and daily eye repair, smoothing line serum etc.

always felt superskin original felt different because of the great ingredient listing and the new version - I tried again recently as I can't accept my superskin days are gone - it to me horrible , feels nothing special and has that horrible we are trying to disguise a smell fragrance that I invariably react to along with some of the other non goodies they have now added. It now has the pomegranate flower thingy in instead of the fruit to also bring in line with neroil. I guess what they do is make a run of base formula ten hive some off without fragrance and add neroli etc to the others - voila a much cheaper way to produce I would imagine l.

They are evasive on facebook about formulations changes - why not celebrate if its improved and announce so those who might react to a change can make an informed choice not suffer a reaction.

Anyway I don't know what I can put on here but gives a rough idea of what I said and their reply - I'm still waiting for a final reply also because although we can easily find the three different listing seems the LE team can't! lol Disappointed with Liz too for saying she prefers natural neroli etc. I can't see how the superskin fragrance free formulations change can ever be seen as positive for a consumer who relied on or just liked the original. I knew this would happen have been asking for over a year are you going to end superskin unfragranced production etc - no I was told but the horrible changes not mentioned.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed - thought it was just me:

FROM ME Superskin moisturiser unfragranced until you changed the formula - I now can't use that either - not happy frown emoticon I was assured over and over it wouldn't be discontinued - you didn't but now its a far less superior product than it was.
April 19 at 11:11pm
Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Hello . We’d like to reassure you that when making any changes, we always ensure that the ingredient is equal in quality or better. In July 2015, we changed the pomegranate fruit extract to pomegranate flower extract within our unfragranced Superskin Moisturiser. This was to bring the product in line with the new fragranced version. As after extensive new research, we learnt that Pomegranate flower extract not only protects collagen levels from being degraded but it also boosts production too. We're sorry to hear you're no longer able to use our Superskin Moisturiser unfragranced for sensitive skin.
April 20 at 11:55am

FROM ME I know but that isn't all you did to the formula is it. your comment is very selective in response. Openness would be more respected. I have been a customer since the late 90s and feel i deserve better than that. Moving what was the second ingredient of beautiful cranberry seed oil to further down the list to be replaced by something i assume not as effective on the skin doesn't tie in with your comment above. I have no wish honestly to fall out with ayone ever and still think this is a great barnd using a few of your range still that i can use but please do give your customers some credit. Thanks

April 20 at 12:21pm Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Thank you for your reply . We are looking into this for you, but need to gather more information from our Technical Team for you. We hope to be in touch soon.

FROM ME That's great thanks that would be a big help i would appreciate knowing more and am pleased you came back to me.
April 21 at 4:57pm

FROM ME I haven't heard back on this? thanks in advance
April 29 at 12:29am

Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Hi . The team are currently still looking into your query as we speak. We will be in contact as soon as we have any further information, so we can share this with you.
· April 29 at 11:29am

They haven't come back to me yet, I will of course chase again soon.

Probably makes me look like a right weirdo but it really annoys me. :mysmilie_19:

I have also the impression that the regular moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin has added fragrance, at least for my nose it is different.

I have also the impression that the regular moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin has added fragrance, at least for my nose it is different.

They always used sandalwood fragrance to the normal moisturiser. I love sandalwood in perfume but hated it in this moisturiser, will say they don't want to use the expensive sandalwood now and using cheap Australian. Indian sandalwood was always very expensive and high grade even in aromatherapy, so using cheaper lower grade was not as nearly effective.

dont like the cleanser or moisturiser so dont buy the kits as they always have these items in

Many Many years ago when Liz Earle was in its infancy I did use cleanse and polish and I really liked it, my skin 'took to it' and I found it a reasonable price for a professional skincare brand, however now it is getting way too expensive for me to justify keeping purchasing what is a 'lower end' professional brand. It is not a premium brand like Elemis, Decleor or Gatineou. I am no having to back to high street brands.

Funny how we perceive things, as I don't view LE any less a premium brand than Elemis etc,but it a shame they have messed with the forumulas etc. I am trying to economise on my skincare as can no longer justify or afford to spend £50-60 a time on Tsvs, am liking the Aldi Lacura range and Boots time delay, but still love LE superskin moisturiser

I think LE is getting a bit pricey. I love C & P and will continue to buy - but I have stopped buying a couple of items that I used to purchase. Common sense took over. I am really liking the Formula range from M & S - and I love the neck cream. I have this week, just bought the Aldi illumination day cream and so far so good. I do like the Superskin range, so will be interesting to see price and contents of the TSV.

I was just going by 'price bracket', yes the products could be classed as premium for the results that they give (though other brands may differ) also when Alison Young (the so called expert) mentions Premium brands, LE maybe mentioned as an a possible afterthought. I didn't mean from the quality of goods point of view, I always equate all products into 'paper brackets' and for me LE would be more of a Mail/Express than say a Times/Guardian if you follow my drift.

Here is something interesting. In my city centre large Boots they have a large Liz Earle counter(they have sinks!), its beside the Chanel counter in fact. Anyway on Saturday(I go in early so it was pretty empty), heard the SA talking to a customer. She said a company skincare/makeup artist would be coming to the store. This person could answer all questions demo the products and would customer like to book in? I walked on by then so no idea the answer, but when did LE ever have professional company rep coming to the stores? That is the sort of the thing the big French brands like Chanel,YSL,Lancome etc do.

I used C&P way back and had no problems, I can still use Superskin either version, hate the smell of the normal moisturiser for some reason. Now I do have mild rosacea but they always say its suitable for all skins. About four years ago I remember actually buying it as I had used without problems before, boy did my skin not like it!!! I had redness and the tiny spots coming out. Once I stopped using everything calmed down. The weird thing is I have no problems with the Elemis Rad Cleanser which is the same idea.

I've always thought that AY looked down on the LE brand, it's just the impression I've had over the years. Is she a little bit jealous of Liz's success perhaps? Liz being an actual beauty expert with umpteen books and tv appearances, not just tucked away on Q. It's just a thought.

The LE counter in our Boots is between the Lancome and Estee Lauder counters, and has a sink as mentioned by Donna about her Boots store. I'm going to keep a look out for any visiting company experts that may be honouring us with their presence. :mysmilie_467:

Latest posts

Back