Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This pifco deal is good price wise especially the one that values the pifco window vac at a tenner which has good reviews

The problem is the vacuum is shocking the reviews are 3 star average and even on the demos it doesn't pick a lot up.

Of course this is a time limited offer sure it will be back mind

Are you sure it won't just 'fly out'? Wouldn't it be better to buy two while it's there?

iIam looking for a hand held vacuum for the car but reviews for pifco are carp and i would not trust the bald one or peter van der valk or whatever his name is

Nanty and Creepy Crawley were positively oohing and cooing with joy as they relaxed in their LUXURIOUS LUXURY DELUXE Plazzy Pleather chairs. I bet they were stuck to them under the heat of the lights.

I swear their radioactive false tans were running :mysmilie_59:

Nanty and Creepy Crawley were positively oohing and cooing with joy as they relaxed in their LUXURIOUS LUXURY DELUXE Plazzy Pleather chairs. I bet they were stuck to them under the heat of the lights.

I swear their radioactive false tans were running :mysmilie_59:

What a terrible thought.I bet the tan was dissolving the dye on the pretend leather chair . Wonder what colour will result?

Cripes, he must really have a grudge against Mum! :mysmilie_17:
Nanty 'not being funny' Ryan is impressed with the instruction manual for the air fryer microwave as it shows that it's easy to use if there's not many instructions. He's read some reviews off the top page, which are always the best ones......not being funny but let's balance it up a bit:

I was disappointed in the appliance as it is not 'all singing all dancing' as the presentation. It is no good for cooking a family meal as everything is just so slow and lacks power. The instruction manual is extremely poor - limited advice on specific foods, i.e. the presentation mentioned cooking a cake - no mention of how to do it in the manual. The recipe book is not microwave specific - so cooking a cake, for example, would be by guess work. Using the grill to brown mashed potato on cottage pie took at least 20mins and not that effective. Very disappointed.

He's seriously tempted to buy his Mother one :mysmilie_51:

Today they are selling a Vax Dynamo H85-DP-B25 but sadly for an extremely disappointing price : -

Ideal World £149.99 & £5.99 P&P
Argos £129.99 & £3.95 Same Day Delivery

When they seemingly no longer offer genuinely bargain priced Vacuum Cleaners (which in fairness to them they used to always do) you have to wonder what on earth their USP is :down:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/vax-dynamo-power-cordless-25.2v-2-in-1-vacuum-cleaner-385412?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Vax

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4835192

We recently bought a Vax Slim Vac (direct from Vax, £139.96 delivered with full tool kit) and it's really rather good. I wouldn't say it's a direct replacement for a standard cylinder Vac as the suction isn't anything like as powerful but because it's so much more convenient to use it's no real hardship to vacuum more regularly. It easily stays charged long enough to do the whole house (although our place is quite small).

But most importantly it makes doing the stairs a breeze. I'm happy to recommend it :mysmilie_59:

Today they are selling a Vax Dynamo H85-DP-B25 but sadly for an extremely disappointing price : -

Ideal World £149.99 & £5.99 P&P
Argos £129.99 & £3.95 Same Day Delivery

When they seemingly no longer offer genuinely bargain priced Vacuum Cleaners (which in fairness to them they used to always do) you have to wonder what on earth their USP is :down:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/vax-dynamo-power-cordless-25.2v-2-in-1-vacuum-cleaner-385412?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Vax

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4835192

We recently bought a Vax Slim Vac (direct from Vax, £139.96 delivered with full tool kit) and it's really rather good. I wouldn't say it's a direct replacement for a standard cylinder Vac as the suction isn't anything like as powerful but because it's so much more convenient to use it's no real hardship to vacuum more regularly. It easily stays charged long enough to do the whole house (although our place is quite small).

But most importantly it makes doing the stairs a breeze. I'm happy to recommend it :mysmilie_59:

I guess like all shopping channels, they rely on the simple fact that some folk are actually addicted to buying things off the telly, despite it being more than highly likely that they'd find the same product cheaper in the shops or elsewhere online. There's a lot of aspects to consider, I think - They believe and trust the presenters (seeing them as "friends"), they get to see the product being demonstrated, but don't see past the "fake stains", the camera trickery, the lighting. Myself, I sometimes wonder whether the demonstration model has been "souped up" specially. I've fallen for the baloney myself in the past, you've only got to remember those "comfort boots" I bought, which ended up as being probably the most uncomfortable pair of boots I've ever worn! Then of course there's the 14 day MBG which is definitely a USP, however, it's well worth considering how much you'll lose if you decide not to keep a product - p&p both ways and that can be quite a loss!
One of the infomercial channels, Thane, I think it is do quite a good deal wherein they'll allow you to trial high price products for a down payment of £9.99 with free p&p, they give you 30 days to trial it, if you do decide to return it then they'll refund the postage cost to you once they've received it back, I think that seems pretty fair!
Another thing I'd imagine IW rely on, as much as the misguided loyalty their regular customers, is just laziness, they see it on the telly and wham bam, they get on the phone or website and it's done, can't be bothered to shop around for a better deal. Having said this, I think people are getting wiser and selly telly is fast spiralling into decline!

Caught comrade Kevinski on IW selling his Vostoks last night, and noticed he appeared to have what looked like a scab on the top of his head. Wonder what happened there? :thinking:

Although there’s currently no website listing for the ‘perpetual’ timepiece that is the £1150.00 Mathey Tisot Edmund watch, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Kevinski doesn’t turn up with his ‘reserve’ stock at some point.

Call me a cynic, but could his precious handful of just four watches be nothing more than a cover story, allowing him to palm off the returned watches without losing face? There might even be a special Christmas discount to sweeten the deal for ‘the final four’; presented as a “Thank You” from Kevin to all his loyal customers.

Despite all the ridiculous claims concerning the unique features of this watch, I suspect it will be Kevinski having his own ‘special movement’ when he finally realises that he just can’t get rid of them:mysmilie_59:

mathey.jpg karm.jpg

Caught comrade Kevinski on IW selling his Vostoks last night, and noticed he appeared to have what looked like a scab on the top of his head. Wonder what happened there? :thinking:

There are many possibly causes for this.After a great deal of thought I believe he may have been in I w warehouse checking stock of rare and wonderful timepieces when a badly placed box fell and landed on his unprotected bonce thus inflicting the injury and the subsequent scab.

I may well be wrong...

Ironic moment during the callblocker show

The gallery according to our Hayle kept getting silent and ppi calls

Surprised they don't have a call blocker tbh

Ayley also got a recorded call at 2am the other day

I reckon at most 30 % of that show was true

Desperate times

There are many possibly causes for this.After a great deal of thought I believe he may have been in I w warehouse checking stock of rare and wonderful timepieces when a badly placed box fell and landed on his unprotected bonce thus inflicting the injury and the subsequent scab.

I may well be wrong...

I thought he may have been mugged for his rare and precious Bermuda Swipe Watch.

Although there’s currently no website listing for the ‘perpetual’ timepiece that is the £1150.00 Mathey Tisot Edmund watch, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Kevinski doesn’t turn up with his ‘reserve’ stock at some point.

Call me a cynic, but could his precious handful of just four watches be nothing more than a cover story, allowing him to palm off the returned watches without losing face? There might even be a special Christmas discount to sweeten the deal for ‘the final four’; presented as a “Thank You” from Kevin to all his loyal customers.

Despite all the ridiculous claims concerning the unique features of this watch, I suspect it will be Kevinski having his own ‘special movement’ when he finally realises that he just can’t get rid of them:mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12991 View attachment 12995

You could well be right regarding returns.

But what it could also possibly be, maybe, is that those single, £1000+ Mathey-Tissot & Stuhrling watches are merely to make the rest of their cheaper but still eyewatingly expensive range seem like they are made by a bona fide, genuinely luxury brand.

Please, who on earth in their right mind would pay £1000+ for these no name timepieces? Not many I fancy.

But many people might spend £200 on the back of seeing them. It's quite a well known shysters trick throwing in a ringer item, either much cheaper or indeed much more expensive, although I'm not suggesting that this is definitely the case here :mysmilie_59:

does not have the extra container tho which is £25 on Amazon , so £8 ish extra for extra warranty and container seems a good deal for once

Caroline is more annoying than kevski

I think she is far far FAR worse than Kevski. Somehow she manages to swan in to the watch shows, well under the radar. While poor Kevski gets all the attention, scrutiny and flak (deservedly so... but why not roast both)

She might be able to remember the names of the watches correctly but I still feel she knows fack all about them.

Evening everyone.

For someone who is always complaining about aches and pains, joint problems, etc. Pope Pete certainly knelt down and got up without any problems on at least two occasions this evening during a Vax hour (not only, not only, etc). Still, it was worth seeing, just for a glimpse of his fluorescent lime green socks. What I did notice was that he began his old trick of only quoting the flexi-pay cost, but afterwards started quoting the full amount AND the flexi-pay instalments (had someone off-screen had a word?). The lady guest was wearing one of the Nicole glitter drape dresses and I'm sorry, but I thought it made her look like a barrel - not flattering at all. Genpleaseleave is now competing with Pope Pete to see who can talk over the other one at the fastest rate - Gen's ahead at present by a clear margin.

Last edited:
You could well be right regarding returns.

But what it could also possibly be, maybe, is that those single, £1000+ Mathey-Tissot & Stuhrling watches are merely to make the rest of their cheaper but still eyewatingly expensive range seem like they are made by a bona fide, genuinely luxury brand.

Please, who on earth in their right mind would pay £1000+ for these no name timepieces? Not many I fancy.

But many people might spend £200 on the back of seeing them. It's quite a well known shysters trick throwing in a ringer item, either much cheaper or indeed much more expensive, although I'm not suggesting that this is definitely the case here :mysmilie_59:

You could well be right about this tactic...it's hard to keep up with such multi-layered shysterism:confused:

I do find Kevinski strangely compelling; as far as guests go, I think he's top of the schlocks.

Latest posts

Back