L'Occitane TSV 27/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The P&P cost bears no relation to the weight of the item. To bang on about the Philosophy one again, the 4 huge shower gels plus large EDT must be a lot heavier than the L'Occ one with the mini/sample sizes and that was £4.95. It now seems to be how much they think they can get away with.

I agree with this viewpoint. £6.95 is plain ridiculous when it would only cost £2.85 by Royal Mail. Most companies give free postage if you spend a certain amount (L'Occitane website at moment is free if you spend £35+) but QVC seems to charge more postage the more you spend....odd concept for a company presumably with paid marketing people to get the most out of us during difficult economic times...

Personally I'm like Supercool Willow I include the postage as part of the cost when pricing the goods. The L'Occitaine TSV is not the bargain the Decleor one was it's still a good price. We have bought two, one for me and one for DH. It's the only L'Occitaine TSV we buy each year. As for the "who wants all that hand cream/too much hand Cream" comments, well I do. I love handcream and never use body Lotion so for me the TSV is perfect.

I buy far less off QVC now than I use to as I carefully weigh up the cost, including postage, before I click the buy button, that way I only return if I make a mistake.

The postage costs not only have to cover the actual shipping but also QVCs running costs. If you don't like the price don't buy.

I bought two of them LAST year when the configuration was slightly different (and am only just finishing the almond one). I add in the postage before working out the value. This year I have a huge stash of MB shower gels and hand washes and do not approve of the piddling 10ml handcream which never last me as long as Alexis reckons so have not bought it.

I wouldn't mind getting the lip balm in a kit as I use that every day as well. I am also a big fan of handcream, using it morning and night, so have no problem with getting even more of that!

Personally I'm like Supercool Willow I include the postage as part of the cost when pricing the goods. The L'Occitaine TSV is not the bargain the Decleor one was it's still a good price.

The postage costs not only have to cover the actual shipping but also QVCs running costs. If you don't like the price don't buy.

******I add in the postage too when working out if I'll buy or not....I'm sure most of us do. However, £6.95 isn't postage costs it's mark up therefore shouldn't be hidden as postage when it's part of QVC margins.*****

****postage costs advertised shouldn't include mark up since this would be against trading standards rules. I've absolutely no doubt QVC pushes postage costs to the limit (clearly they are doing this) but they can't confirm as such since they are advertising £6.95 as postage and packing charges only. They will be getting a percentage of the items sold by L'Occitane so if they aren't happy with what they are achieving through that route then they should drive a harder bargain with the supplier not overinflate postage charged to us. The half price on 2nd and subsequent purchases (of identical items) is a sop, in my opinion, and charging 2 x £6.95 for different fragrance boxes is scandalous. ****

Last edited:
I did order this + thought the postage was ridiculous. However I did have a but of a ponder + if I were to travel to my nearest store I would be spending more than that on my train fair. When I look at it like that it's not too bad!

That's true. I am lucky enough to have a Loccy shop in my DHS but for MB I have to schlep over to Kingston. Hurrah for the Freedom Pass!!!!!

Ours have already been shipped so they might turn up tomorrow. I'm getting the warm and am really looking forward to trying the Almond Shower Oil, hubbys getting the Fresh. I'm also really looking forward to both the zesty lime and Vanilla bean handreams. The small handreams and the lip balms join my stash for my handbag, and the 75ml shower gels are for holidays. The only useless items are the body lotions.

I am using last year's almond shower oil and vanilla handcream. Gorgeois!!!!!

I love a nice body cream too, my fave is the Shea as it is so moisture rich and quite thick.

I did order this + thought the postage was ridiculous. However I did have a but of a ponder + if I were to travel to my nearest store I would be spending more than that on my train fair. When I look at it like that it's not too bad!

But would you go only to shop for this? QVC are disingenuous about equating their humongous p&p on individual items to the cost of getting to the high street.

I certainly wouldn't go to a shop, Boots or whatever and pay £50.00 for shower gel and hand cream, let alone double that for 2 sets.

Yes but if you bought ten things while you were there, your train fair would be a pittance compared to QVCs £59.95 p&p (on average) for ten things.

No need to go out. I hate bricks and mortar shops especially at this time of year but there`s no shortage of websites offering good prices and free p and p. Pity QVC isn`t one of them.

No need to go out. I hate bricks and mortar shops especially at this time of year but there`s no shortage of websites offering good prices and free p and p. Pity QVC isn`t one of them.

Yes, that's my preferred way of shopping too. I've done the majority of my Christmas shopping on line (and some things for me) all free p&p and delivered within three days too. :mysmilie_14:

I rarely post on this forum, tonight is probably the first time in a year, but I do lurk a lot. I find it bizarre that so many people post on here who hate QVC. Why watch the shows, and bother to post on a forum about the shows, if you hate the retailer.

I rarely post on this forum, tonight is probably the first time in a year, but I do lurk a lot. I find it bizarre that so many people post on here who hate QVC. Why watch the shows, and bother to post on a forum about the shows, if you hate the retailer.

It probably is for diiferent reasons than many of us grumble... but hate is a strong word and certainly doesn't reflect my feelings at all. We watch, the presenters irritate - some more than others - but it's no different to moaning about anything in your own life. It certainly doesn't translate to hate.

i would like to think qvc would have faster returns and delivery and free or capped postage if we moan enough. but i wont hold my breath

I don`t hate any retailer but I do feel as a customer it is my right to complain if I feel their services are sub standard and also to contrast and compare one business with another. If QVC had any sense they`d read this forum and take note of what stops one time frequent customers from spending their hard earned brass with them.
Most businesses try and evolve for the better but Q appears stuck in a time warp. Much smaller companies manage better prices, better deliveries, better p and p, better refunds and returns, better websites, better computer systems etc etc and Q are quick to boast about their Worldwide turnover and customer numbers so why the lack of investment in the things which would make them and their services better ?

Yes but if you bought ten things while you were there, your train fair would be a pittance compared to QVCs £59.95 p&p (on average) for ten things.

Yes ok!!! But there's no way I could cart all that back on our mega busy local trains. My arms would be dropping off. It's often standing room only on my way home + I also have a 20 minute uphill walk home from the station. It is NOT a pleasant experience on public transport in my area and I do not drive so that is the only way I can get to my nearest city. I am absolutely NOT in any way condoning the P&P charges, I am just weighing up pro's and con's which are personal to me!!!!!!

I rarely post on this forum, tonight is probably the first time in a year

Should I go to Specsavers or does that say you've posted four times since August? That's life I'm afraid, you're allowed to actually comment on things you dislike, but if you've lurked on this brilliant forum long enough, you'll also see people praising other retailers, but let's be honest, you can't say QVC is a good retailer, that'd be a lie.

Latest posts

Back