Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!

Kevinski and Peter the (not very) Great are on, and guess what.........once again Kevinksi has wrongly priced his tat in the customers favour! He says he will need to look into why it happened................KEV IT NEVER HAPPENED, you use this old bull all the time mate! The game was up long long long ago, change the record............or have a break in Bermuda :mysmilie_59:

PS Peter keeps saying "These are probably the best watches" cheers thats convinced me then.................probably!

The watch hours do amuse me. They are like a lot of the shows on TJC. Claiming something is worth far more than the price being shown, but they are passing on the savings to viewers. If the watches are so sought after by collectors, and would still be a bargain at twice the price, then sell them privately to collectors and not shift them on a shopping channel? Why would you deliberately make less profit?

Same on the Jewellery Channel. Saying some tat bracelet they are selling for £500 is worth £2000 "go and get it valued" they say. So why aren't the employees buying this stuff up and selling it elsewhere for massive profits? So funny.

Last edited:
The watch hours do amuse me. They are like a lot of the shows on TJC. Claiming something is worth far more than the price being shown, but they are passing on the savings to viewers. If the watches are so sought after by collectors, and would still be a bargain at twice the price, then sell them privately to collectors and not shift them on a shopping channel? Why would you deliberately make less profit?

Same on the Jewellery Channel. Saying some tat bracelet they are selling for £500 is worth £2000 "go and get it valued" they say. So why aren't the employees buying this stuff up and selling it elsewhere for massive profits? So funny.

I like to watch TJC for a laugh. There is a chap called Mark on there who does a great "shocked face" when the price is announced. The acting is hilarious!

Not the old "wrong price so take advantage" ploy, we've never seen that one have we?

@Muttley that guy Mark must think everyone is brain dead. "I'd buy two of these while they are at this price. It's too cheap.....snap them up before someone upstairs realises" :D

Hello everyone,

So Nanty is with Kevski who is shilling a Mathey Tissot watch. Kevski says : -

'We call this timepiece Silver but it's actually Stainless Steel'

Personally I'd call it shat :mysmilie_59:

Hello everyone,

I am assuming they didn't use that word! Wouldn't it be funny if one day they told the truth and said what a pile of crap I have in front of me, I'd love to watch that.

Hello everyone,

Also a big shoutout to 'Dave' who has apparently bought more than 30 watches from Ideal World.

Therefore I offer my humble apologies; these 'collectors' do actually exist :mysmilie_59:

Also a big shoutout to 'Dave' who has apparently bought more than 30 watches from Ideal World.

Therefore I offer my humble apologies; these 'collectors' do actually exist :mysmilie_59:

May I dare say on behalf of myself (Dave), that let alone A.N other Dave (allegedly), buying 30 watches from Ideal World, I wouldn't want one, haven't got one, now or at any time would I consider buying one of the time pieces. Just to clear up any doubts! :mysmilie_17:

May I dare say on behalf of myself (Dave), that let alone A.N other Dave (allegedly), buying 30 watches from Ideal World, I wouldn't want one, haven't got one, now or at any time would I consider buying one of the time pieces. Just to clear up any doubts! :mysmilie_17:

I'm glad you cleared that up. When I read that 'Dave' had bought 30 watches I was worried that it was you. It must be another Dave cos obviously they wouldn't make that up. Anyone remember Lee from Ventnor on Bid?

I'm glad you cleared that up. When I read that 'Dave' had bought 30 watches I was worried that it was you. It must be another Dave cos obviously they wouldn't make that up. Anyone remember Lee from Ventnor on Bid?

Who could forget Lee ? He was their number one mug punter-they even put him on air once via a telephone link..
Remember the list of names of customers revolving at the bottom of the screen ? You could tell they were mostly old ladies - Agnes , Doris , Rose and so on, very often from Clwyd .
Happy days !

I loved that- let's start a campaign to bring it back! What I liked best was when they read out the names and once in every few, the presenter would say a bit extra, as though the person was their best friend and/or the Buyer of the Week - it was "we've got Jill - Pete - Jim - Doris - oh, hello Doris love, great to see you, how ARE you?" Just priceless, and poor Doris probably wondered if it was her long-lost cousin talking to her. Barra Boy was particularly good (blurdy pathetic?) at this ruse. They probably didn't know Doris from Adam, but nothing gets in the way of a flogging technique. By the way, aqua, Lee of Ventnor probably now can't get to his phone, as he has so much stuff from IW in his house floor to ceiling - he's not been able to get out of the door for 3 years.:mysmilie_19:

Who could forget Lee ? He was their number one mug punter-they even put him on air once via a telephone link..
Remember the list of names of customers revolving at the bottom of the screen ? You could tell they were mostly old ladies - Agnes , Doris , Rose and so on, very often from Clwyd .
Happy days !

I wonder if they (bid) ever contacted Lee from ventnor and offered him a tour of the studio. They definitely wouldn't show him the warehouse... can't be exposing the ruse that they have 15,000 of an item that they told him via tv, that they only had 6 left of.

Happy days !

Peter Simon was reading out customer names and their locations at least once very recently, though just like "Our Bet" (who apparently had all her teeth removed recently) it's not too hard to imagine they may not actually exist. Allegedly.

Well, now, this is an IW selling opportunity! Dentures! And Our Bet's name can be the first across the bottom of the screen! No mockery of anyone with a dental plate intended, but whatever next will one of his relatives/friends have removed? I wonder if he ever sits at home, wondering what ailment/medical condition he can come up with next, and whether it should be for himself or someone else?

Peter Simon was reading out customer names and their locations at least once very recently, though just like "Our Bet" (who apparently had all her teeth removed recently) it's not too hard to imagine they may not actually exist. Allegedly.

Last edited:
So I'm seeing that both Nanty and 'Chef' Joe now have a beard.

Who's next for a beard, Shaun Crawley? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0064.JPG

I loved that- let's start a campaign to bring it back! What I liked best was when they read out the names and once in every few, the presenter would say a bit extra, as though the person was their best friend and/or the Buyer of the Week - it was "we've got Jill - Pete - Jim - Doris - oh, hello Doris love, great to see you, how ARE you?" Just priceless, and poor Doris probably wondered if it was her long-lost cousin talking to her. Barra Boy was particularly good (blurdy pathetic?) at this ruse. They probably didn't know Doris from Adam, but nothing gets in the way of a flogging technique. By the way, aqua, Lee of Ventnor probably now can't get to his phone, as he has so much stuff from IW in his house floor to ceiling - he's not been able to get out of the door for 3 years.:mysmilie_19:

If ever a British tv company does their version of the US show Hoarders, the first episode should be filmed in the Isle of Wight! That is, assuming he existed in the first place. Oh I forgot, they spoke to Lee on the phone ao he must exist, he wouldn't be a company employee or anything would he...

Latest posts

Back